Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah...I hate it when a movie isn't 100% predictable before the first frame rolls...it's so unsettling :panic:

:goodpost::exactly:
Yeah a nice unpredictable twist..I liked it and GOT it...alot outraged I just don't get why.......I think people wanted to the movie be like the Lego toy set of IM vs Mandarin for the climax....all baddie Mandarin in his mechanical claw chair chasing IM !!!!!!!:rotfl

I was offended by the Mandarin twist when I first watched the film on the big screen but when I rewatched at home I noted that Adrian was the true Mandarin and I enjoyed the film much more.

The fact that little tidbits like the tattoos representing Fing Fang Foom, the Silver Centurion armor used to face off against Mandarin and the Fortune cookie quote from Trevor add to this immensely.

:goodpost::exactly:
Yeah a nice unpredictable twist..I liked it and GOT it...alot outraged I just don't get why.......I think people wanted to the movie be like the Lego toy set of IM vs Mandarin for the climax....all baddie Mandarin in his mechanical claw chair chasing IM !!!!!!!:rotfl

It wasn't hard to get. It was easy to grasp. But I have no idea to the lego set you're referring too. I think the easy solution to anybody not liking the twist in Iron Man 3 has to be that they need everything to be just like the comics and that's far from being the case here. I liked the Iron Man movie-verse far more than the comics.

People still think the "Mandarin" in IM3 was the real Mandarin? :lol

You mean "Mandarin" as in Ben Kingsley? Or the fiery pyro guy who was whiffed because Robert Downey Jr stood him up on the roof?

There's another Mandarin? Was that explained in the movie becuase if so, I admit, I missed it.

You mean "Mandarin" as in Ben Kingsley? Or the fiery pyro guy who was whiffed because Robert Downey Jr stood him up on the roof?

There's another Mandarin? Was that explained in the movie becuase if so, I admit, I missed it.

Nope. Check out the link I added to my post. When I watched the film, I :lol'd at the Mandarin/Trevor reveal and then when Killian screams "I'm Mandarin" to Tony, it seems more out of frustration with Tony's preoccupation with The Mandarin (i.e. not seeing Killian as THE threat), than any honest reveal or proclamation. Kingsley's talk of the 1-shot all but confirm it.

That one shot might not reveal anything at all. For now Adrian is the Mandarin. Trevor was a puppet. It looked chinese, but it was actually american made, which is why he is hollow, full of lies and leaves us with a bad after taste.

Time goes on, but still...

1353985442499_zps3eba0f22.png

People still think the "Mandarin" in IM3 was the real Mandarin? :lol

https://screenrant.com/ben-kingsley-marvel-one-shot-mandarin-rumors/

Nope. Check out the link I added to my post. When I watched the film, I :lol'd at the Mandarin/Trevor reveal and then when Killian screams "I'm Mandarin" to Tony, it seems more out of frustration with Tony's preoccupation with The Mandarin (i.e. not seeing Killian as THE threat), than any honest reveal or proclamation. Kingsley's talk of the 1-shot all but confirm it.

I'll believe it when I see it Nam. For what it's worth I hope you're right. It still feels like a quick fix for the dogpile they left in the actual movie instead of a "we planned it all along" moment.

But hey, I'll look for it whenever it comes out.

If you hate Iron Man 3, you love My Little Pony.

It's just science.

You think he'll change his tune now that he's got a new banned? :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl :horror

I saw IM3 in the theaters and finally watched it a second time on blu. I really found myself enjoying it. I can see how IM comic fans would be pissed about the Mandarin (I'd raise holy hell if they did that with the Red Skull) but watching it again with no expectations I just found it entertaining. Not as much as Cap:TFA or Thor 2 but it was a lot of fun. Every five minutes it seemed to have a new twist.

I couldn't keep track of all the armors the first time and now was able to let out a mental "aw yeah" when I recognized him dawning the Silver Centurion suit.

For some reason I didn't remember it being a Christmas movie.

I saw IM3 in the theaters and finally watched it a second time on blu. I really found myself enjoying it. I can see how IM comic fans would be pissed about the Mandarin (I'd raise holy hell if they did that with the Red Skull) but watching it again with no expectations I just found it entertaining. Not as much as Cap:TFA or Thor 2 but it was a lot of fun. Every five minutes it seemed to have a new twist.

I couldn't keep track of all the armors the first time and now was able to let out a mental "aw yeah" when I recognized him dawning the Silver Centurion suit.

For some reason I didn't remember it being a Christmas movie.

directed by: Shane Black

Scoot Mcnairy is interviewing him? He is a great actor. I hope they didn’t waste him in a small role.

Back