Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, the reason I have absolutely no beef with Tony's PTSD? Up until the events of "The Avengers", every threat he's fought has had a terrestrial origin. These are familiar to him, he was an arms dealer, he understands human nature and the business of war. Those are the sort of threats he feels comfortable neutralizing. He's aware aliens exist, he knows of Thor (and doesn't seem to like the idea of him very much), but had never actually encountered anything not of this Earth. Now, he's battling an ARMY of evil aliens intent on destroying/enslaving humanity, then has to go through a wormhole, sees what's on the other side and nearly dies in the process. His entire world-view has just been shaken to the core; this isn't just that his life had been in danger, this is taking his entire notion of reality and tipping it on it's head. He's doubting his ability to keep the woman he loves and his entire WORLD safe from a universe that just suddenly got a lot bigger and a whole lot more hostile. I think PTSD in that context is entirely believable, very human, and the fact that he muscled through to the other side of it actually makes him seem more heroic, not less. I still didn't care for a lot of things in IM3 and feel like it's a flawed flick, but Tony's panic attacks didn't bother me at all.

Yeah, the PTSD could have worked so much better if we left Tony an even bigger adrenaline junkie. He came off like a recovering Ironmanaholic at the end. :lol

Lame! :horror

Pepper is the real villain in that film. Tired of that whiny waif giving him grief for being awesome... and any IM3 rant from me wouldn't be complete without mentioning Mandarin not being Mandarin of course. :nana:

Because he's ****ing Tony Stark. And all those were made quickly as a distraction as well as a paranoid precaution.

Now that his head is together, he can make some real suits. Masterpieces.

maybe... I know the next movies will be like this. He makes some great new suits or something. I just didn't like that ending. Seemed like a waste of suits to me.

Is not that he can't make new suits. Of course he can. It is kind of implied that at the end when he hugs Pepper he is pretty much giving up making them any time soon.

Obviously when he picks up that little screwdriver and kisses it it also implies that he will probably keep doing stuff.

But WHY make New suits when he already had all those other ones. WHY go through the trouble of trying to rebuild his suit army... When he already had perfectly working suits already.
It's like, it doesn't really make sense. He could have just put all of the suits in storage somewhere and forget about them until he needed them again. He could have easily just store them away in some secret bunker. Makes no sense.

Besides Building the suits is what Drove him away from Pepper, the "Distractions" So why would he start from scratch all over again when he just got Pepper back?

The suits were a metaphor for his PTSD.

Yeah, the PTSD could have worked so much better if we left Tony an even bigger adrenaline junkie. He came off like a recovering Ironmanaholic at the end. :lol

Lame! :horror

Pepper is the real villain in that film. Tired of that whiny waif giving him grief for being awesome... and any IM3 rant from me wouldn't be complete without mentioning Mandarin not being Mandarin of course. :nana:

Mandarin wasn't in IM3. :wink1:

Everyone is so obsessed with the suits. I can't believe how so many people missed the point of the movie...

:exactly:
I mean the WHOLE point of the movie- what Pepper was telling him...even Mandarin teaching him a thing or two and...aww forget it!

People were pissed about the SUITS?????????:lol

:exactly:
I mean the WHOLE point of the movie- what Pepper was telling him...even Mandarin teaching him a thing or two and...aww forget it!

People were pissed about the SUITS?????????:lol

I JUST saw the movie okay. Give me a BREAK! :stick

Why do people keep saying you can't do Mandarin without being racist or corny?

When you were watching IM3 and before they revealed Trevor is an actor did you think Ben Kingsley was corny and goofy? I found the propaganda well done and thought he was quite threatening. He convinced the president to call in and made him his ***** and than executed a man on national television. I didn't think that was campy and racist and stupid. It would be completely in league with him and Rhodey both having had fought foreign terrorists.

What they did instead is argueably racist in and of itself to think a Ben Kingsley Mandarin couldnt exist and it would have to be a junki cocksucking puppet for a rich godlike white man with a dragon tattoo. :lol

Last edited:
Why do people keep saying you can't do Mandarin without being racist or corny?

When you were watching IM3 and before they revealed Trevor is an actor did you think Ben Kingsley was corny and goofy? I found the propaganda well done and thought he was quite threatening. He convinced the president to call in and made him his ***** and than executed a man on national television. I didn't think that was campy and racist and stupid. It would be completely in league with him and Rhodey both having had fought foreign terrorists.

What they did instead is argueably racist in and of itself to think a Ben Kingsley Mandarin couldnt exist and it would have to be a junki cocksucking puppet for a rich godlike white man with a dragon tattoo. :lol

:goodpost:

Kinglseys Mandarin worked without being racist, then they ruined it

Last edited:
Did he truly shoot the guy?
Didn't he say that they didn't trust him with real guns?

That's found out after the reveal and after they ruin the character.

Like I said, upto that point we all assume he murdered a man on live television. (including the entire tv watching United States that he broke in on, kids, families etc) That's a pretty horrifying act of terror if you ask me. Forcing families who were just watching My Little Pony to all of the sudden be subjected to those sorts of images would be a powerful way of affecting an entire generation and population the exact way a terrorist would want.

But than wait for it... nah he just sucks dicks for coke and is the rich white guy's whore puppet. It was just ol' Crazy Legs and his computer company. Luckily not Tony but Rhodey, Pepper and some foil drones saved the day.

[ame]https://youtu.be/QabgfbnCJ6Y[/ame]

man, I hope they make a Noah movie with more Trevor, so they can piss of religious fanatics AND comic fanatics. :lol

That's found out after the reveal and after they ruin the character.

Like I said, upto that point we all assume he murdered a man on live television. (including the entire tv watching United States that he broke in on, kids, families etc) That's a pretty horrifying act of terror if you ask me. Forcing families who were just watching My Little Pony to all of the sudden be subjected to those sorts of images would be a powerful way of affecting an entire generation and population the exact way a terrorist would want.

But than wait for it... nah he just sucks dicks for coke and is the rich white guy's whore puppet. It was just ol' Crazy Legs and his computer company. Luckily not Tony but Rhodey, Pepper and some foil drones saved the day.

https://youtu.be/QabgfbnCJ6Y

lol :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Back