Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do people keep saying you can't do Mandarin without being racist or corny?

When you were watching IM3 and before they revealed Trevor is an actor did you think Ben Kingsley was corny and goofy? I found the propaganda well done and thought he was quite threatening. He convinced the president to call in and made him his ***** and than executed a man on national television. I didn't think that was campy and racist and stupid. It would be completely in league with him and Rhodey both having had fought foreign terrorists.

What they did instead is argueably racist in and of itself to think a Ben Kingsley Mandarin couldnt exist and it would have to be a junki cocksucking puppet for a rich godlike white man with a dragon tattoo. :lol

:goodpost:

Kinglseys Mandarin worked without being racist, then they ruined it

That's found out after the reveal and after they ruin the character.

Like I said, upto that point we all assume he murdered a man on live television. (including the entire tv watching United States that he broke in on, kids, families etc) That's a pretty horrifying act of terror if you ask me. Forcing families who were just watching My Little Pony to all of the sudden be subjected to those sorts of images would be a powerful way of affecting an entire generation and population the exact way a terrorist would want.

But than wait for it... nah he just sucks dicks for coke and is the rich white guy's whore puppet. It was just ol' Crazy Legs and his computer company. Luckily not Tony but Rhodey, Pepper and some foil drones saved the day.

https://youtu.be/QabgfbnCJ6Y

:exactly::goodpost::exactly::goodpost::lecture

Yeah so I gave this film another shot.... It's still awful. Not just awful for what they did to the Mandarin (don't read the comics) but awful for ruining what was shaping up to be a great villain in what started out to be a serious Bad *** Iron Man film. For using what was IMO awful humor that was more at home in a sit com. For not having Tony wearing the Suit. For having a remote Suit save Air Force one passengers just so we could be "shocked" when he got hit by the truck and break all apart (face it there was no other reason not to have tony in the suit), For having an Awful villain after ruining a good villain (lets also face it, that was only done to "shock the audience also not to help the story). For being worse then IM2. For being boring. For having everyone be a hero except for Tony.... Just bad. My 8 year thought it was pretty good (so that's something I guess) and my friend who knows nothing about the comics actually got angry about how bad it got after such a promising beginning.

I know this film has it's fans and that is cool We can't all have the same tastes but IMO it was just a bad film and an awful way to end the IM trilogy.

FIXED

Last edited:
tumblr_lkwdjn0PFF1qdjhv0o1_500.gif

:exactly::goodpost::exactly::goodpost::lecture

Yeah so I gave this film another shot.... It's still awful. Not just awful for what they did to the Mandarin (don't read the comics) but awful for ruining what was shaping up to be a great villain in what started out to be a serious Bad *** Iron Man film. For using what was IMO awful humor that was more at home in a sit com. For not having Tony wearing the Suit. For having a remote Suit save Air Force one passengers just so we could be "shocked" when he got hit by the truck and break all apart (face it there was no other reason not to have tony in the suit), For having an Awful villain after ruining a good villain (lets also face it, that was only done to "shock the audience also not to help the story). For being worse then IM2. For being boring. For having everyone be a hero except for Tony.... Just bad. My 8 year thought it was pretty good (so that's something I guess) and my friend who knows nothing about the comics actually got angry about how bad it got after such a promising beginning.

I know this film has it's fans and that is cool We can't all have the same tastes but IMO it was just a bad film and an awful way to end the IM trilogy.

FIXED

You forgot WM lame representation. :rotfl

Because people still need to believe they can be as awesome as the superheroes, and if their superhero is flawed, the fantasy is ruined.

Gosh, why do people hate this movie so much...

Because it's not good ;) :)

Just go through the thread. You will see all the reasons why people hate it.... You will even see reason people like it. However those who like it are wrong ;)

Because people still need to believe they can be as awesome as the superheroes, and if their superhero is flawed, the fantasy is ruined.

Don't mind if my Superhero's are flawed..... I just hate it when the films they are in are flawed all to hell :)

I see a lot of discussion here about Tony's PTSD.... I think if it was handled better or done in a better film I would have no issue with it. I was fine with it for the first 45 min but then it turned into an episode of "Full House" and PTSD or not the film lost me.

I don't see how someone having a mental breakdown is the same as an episode of Full House.

Unless you mean that watching Full House gives you a mental breakdown, then I agree. This **** is maddening.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5BGpmw0MTE[/ame]

Do you realize Tony was an alcoholic at one point in the comics?

This is a good point. Personally speaking, I had no problem with Tony Stark in this movie. I thought his issues with PTSD was a good choice, and added some "realism," so to speak. To me, it made sense. Regarding the flawed character of Tony Stark, I like it, and I think most people like it, because they can relate to it. He's not Peter Parker or Steve Rogers, he's Tony Stark. That's why I dig him.

Initially, I was pretty angry with the movie and the whole twist, but I've come to live with it and enjoy it for what it is. It's a fun movie.

Back