Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing Thor 2 and the CA:WS trailer it really seems they've made Iron Man to be the p***y of the Avengers. Post traumatic stress, fear of actually entering combat, using drones, his girlfriend killing the bad guy, etc.

I just saw Im3 today for the first time, and I really don't get why people hated the Mandarin twist. To be honest, before the twist, he only had like 3 scenes, and IMO, NOTHING SPECIAL. He was ok, but he wasn't a great villain, so I like the twist. This film is much better than IM2, no question about it. My only major problem with the film, why didn't he called SHIELD if he really wanted to protect his girlfriend? Why give your address to killers if the most important person/thing in your live lives in your house? Dumb.

I just saw Im3 today for the first time, and I really don't get why people hated the Mandarin twist. To be honest, before the twist, he only had like 3 scenes, and IMO, NOTHING SPECIAL. He was ok, but he wasn't a great villain, so I like the twist. This film is much better than IM2, no question about it. My only major problem with the film, why didn't he called SHIELD if he really wanted to protect his girlfriend? Why give your address to killers if the most important person/thing in your live lives in your house? Dumb.

It was a good movie. thats why it did fine with fans on sites like RT; you gotta take the board stooges with a grain of salt whether here or anywhere else.

After seeing Thor 2 and the CA:WS trailer it really seems they've made Iron Man to be the p***y of the Avengers. Post traumatic stress, fear of actually entering combat, using drones, his girlfriend killing the bad guy, etc.

Iron Mangina. :lecture

Compared to 3 combat seasoned veterans, a raging monster and a war-loving god? Really, what else would you expect? :dunno

It was a good movie. thats why it did fine with fans on sites like RT; you gotta take the board stooges with a grain of salt whether here or anywhere else.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Compared to 3 combat seasoned veterans, a raging monster and a war-loving god? Really, what else would you expect? :dunno

Stark was a POW and waged his own war in Iraq for crying out loud. The PSTD ship has sailed. IM3 was "good" yes, it just made him a bit of a wuss which I thought was a bad thing after all the hate toward TDKR.

Last edited:
Flying a nuke through a wormhole and ending up in outer space some light years away from earth and almost not making it back probably had something to do with it... probably.

Stark was a POW and waged his own war in Iraq for crying out loud. The PSTD ship has sailed. IM3 was "good" yes, it just made him a bit of a wuss which I thought was a bad thing after all the hate toward TDKR.

If we knew what exact incidents would give someone PTSD, it would be curable and avoidable. Unfortunately it's neither.

:exactly:

If he were to get PTSD from something it would be his time in the terrorist camp. That was a much more stressful and harsh experience than what he experienced in avengers

:exactly:

If he were to get PTSD from something it would be his time in the terrorist camp. That was a much more stressful and harsh experience than what he experienced in avengers
Don't even combat veterans get PTSD? It's not necessary the first stressful engagement they're in. It could be cumulative or other factors at play, like Nam is saying.

Don't even combat veterans get PTSD? It's not necessary the first stressful engagement they're in. It could be cumulative or other factors at play, like Nam is saying.

I see a lot of ignorant posting regarding PTSD coming from people whose most stressful life event was probably a Sideshow Priority Pre-order, or the postal system losing a package. :lol

I see a lot of ignorant posting regarding PTSD coming from people whose most stressful life event was probably a Sideshow Priority Pre-order, or the postal system losing a package. :lol
Was going to say I'd wonder what people with combat experience would think of a nerd debate about PTSD on a toy forum, haha.

IM isn't a real guy. I wouldn't fault one single person for having flashbacks of a traumatic experience. But in the world of superheroes, that makes him a p***y if it occurs that late in his career.

Funny that people who complained about Bruce Wayne getting depressed are suddenly up in arms about defending Stark. :lol

IM isn't a real guy. I wouldn't fault one single person for having flashbacks of a traumatic experience. But in the world of superheroes, that makes him a p***y if it occurs that late in his career.

Funny that people who complained about Bruce Wayne getting depressed are suddenly up in arms about defending Stark. :lol

Bruce Wayne was a quitter. Stark was not. HUGE difference. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

Was going to say I'd wonder what people with combat experience would think of a nerd debate about PTSD on a toy forum, haha.

This probably crosses way into the "TMI" category but while I've never been in combat I actually have had a gun pulled on me before. It wasn't a huge thing, the guy was drunk and I was able to get it away from him but I was 12 and not protected by a suit of armor.

So I'd like to think I have at least an inkling of what it feels like to think your life could be a moment away from ending. Its cool to have relatable heroes but I like guys that I want to *be* like, not ones that are just like me.

This probably crosses way into the "TMI" category but while I've never been in combat I actually have had a gun pulled on me before. It wasn't a huge thing, the guy was drunk and I was able to get it away from him but I was 12 and not protected by a suit of armor.

So I'd like to think I have at least an inkling of what it feels like to think your life could be a moment away from ending. Its cool to have relatable heroes but I like guys that I want to *be* like, not ones that are just like me.

I won't get into details too much except to say that I've been in the thick of it. I get a bit edgy on the 4th with the popping overhead (beit on the 4th or several days before/after), but I'm nowhere near as bad as some who can't even function on a basic level. It's possible Stark could've easily coped with his position as a captive given he had his work to keep him distracted, the same work which brought him back in IM3. It's very much like cancer in that you don't know who, how or really why and when it happens it affects people differently and their methods of coping are just as varied.

Back