Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know the story behind the Captain America shield tattoo we saw in the trailer? I didn't see it in the film. I guess it wouldn't have meant much if it was included--just more of the illusion that Mandarin hated America. But I thought it was kind of a cool image in the trailer, and would have been interesting to explore a little more.

Anyone know the story behind the Captain America shield tattoo we saw in the trailer? I didn't see it in the film. I guess it wouldn't have meant much if it was included--just more of the illusion that Mandarin hated America. But I thought it was kind of a cool image in the trailer, and would have been interesting to explore a little more.

Yeah, I'm guessing it's nothing. Just more symbolism or something. Kind of sad really, he seemed to have a lot of cool background story.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

wasted opp

There is a reason behind the tattoo.

It's a parody of Captain America and a negative message against the U.S. It's not Cap's logo, it's his shield with the anarchy "A" symbol in it.

It would have been cool to get a cap cameo, maybe busting down doors in afgan with the patriot?

There is a reason behind the tattoo.

It's a parody of Captain America and a negative message against the U.S. It's not Cap's logo, it's his shield with the anarchy "A" symbol in it.

Good post, difabio. :goodpost:

It would have been cool to get a cap cameo, maybe busting down doors in afgan with the patriot?

Someone put awhile back (I didn't catch the article), but apparently Winter Soldier takes place during IronMan 3, so chronologically it wouldn't have worked. Also convenient as to why the heroes aren't helping each other in each movie.

To the writers it was a "reveal". As they tried to keep it a secret. The fact that it means ****ing nothing to anyone, both in the film, and outside of the film (except for Trek fans, or people familiar with the source) is what separates you know who (do we really have to keep it a secret now??) from Trevor.

Trevor's reveal is a part of the plot. It's not a little thing for the sake of it.

Cumberbatch...well...he's just that guy. And everyone's like...OK, and?

I would say Trevor's reveal stopped one plot point and moved it onto the next.

Cumberbatch was a good old fashioned villain. He was pretty ****ing cool too.

I would say Trevor's reveal stopped one plot point and moved it onto the next.

Cumberbatch was a good old fashioned villain. He was pretty ****ing cool too.

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not a Trekkie cause I really enjoyed his character and portrayal, thank god I didn't know it actually sucked. :lol

Back