Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably old news... now the director/writers want to do IM4 but without RDJ (because he doesn't want to wait 4 years before filming.). :lol

That article sounds like typical fan boy splooging.

"Epic movie with Banners, Avengers tie in and REALZ Mandarin." Seems like the only thing they kept were "DA SUITS!"

It's like the articles for what "should have happened in TDKR", like Bruce being Batman forever, fighting crime for over a year, dealing with freaks, etc. etc.

Just because you don't get what you want doesn't mean it "should have gone" a certain way and that it would even be the "right" way.

I don't see Trevor in that article at all so it's already inferior in my opinion.

Article had a severe lack even perhaps a disrespect for Tony's supporting characters.

It was basiically a team-up wishlist.

However magically turning the hulk against the heroes is a good idea. Hulk vs Thor Animated movie did that wonderfully.

I'll be sneaking out to see IM3 again pretty soon. I am going to use the money I didn't waste on TDKR to do so.

In the theater now for 4th viewing. :lol

Didn't even see avengers this many times.

Damn, but I don't blame you, saw it twice and wouldn't mind a third. Its just alot of movie and very unique to the Marvel lineup so far.

Okay, had a busy few weeks and finally got to see this. I kinda liked the extremis concept and Guy Pierce played a great villain. At the end of the movie, my questions and concerns:

- Was Mandarin really needed for this movie? If this was a double bluff, it sucks that we have to wait for a sequel to see it... otherwise it was a horrible, awful, no good decision made by non fans of the character. Why was Kingsley so woefully underused? Total screentime couldn't have exceeded 6 minutes.

- After seeing this, I'm not so sure RDJ wants to keep the IM train going. Unless he's willing to take a pay cut (lol), the creative team will continue to cut corners from future projects. They could get lucky with a bargain but this effort felt hollow (like the armor) and missed the "mark" (shoot me in head w/repulsor). The "Home Alone" Christmas interlude with a kid might have cost alot less to stuff the turkey, but in the end this movie needed more from its return cast.

- IP was a virtual no show and how does extreme heat on one part of the armor completely disable it? Speaking of magic extremis powers, how could any of those iron drones take out a single one of those extremis goons when armored self detonation couldn't obliterate Killian?

Secretly I know the answers are most probably, "shutup, it made money". :lol

The biggest development for Tony imo took place in the denouement. It should have happened in the beginning so we could have seen him adjust to it. If only the real Mandarin entered the picture at that point...

Anyway, big ol' "meh" until Thor 2. No, make it an Iron Meh.

And not enough Trevor gifs.
tumblr_mmbvzqGMdy1qzqrd2o1_500.jpg

Back