Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Power Pose Mark XLII Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea maybe not there but just going to the SS website and reading the summary tells you. It's pretty obvious that it isn't articulated like a MMS figure. It is technically a hybrid figure, lol. A pre painted model kit figure with interchangeable parts.
PS, it looks better to me than the articulated versions too.
Koto has done them for years.

Like Dracula said a statue is technically a figure too.
:goodpost::lecture

I collect a lot Japanese figures and more often than not, when it comes to figures like these (most notably the smaller scales from 1/6 downwards, coupled with interchangeable parts), they're actually labeled as "Scale Figures" rather than statues.

I am currently visiting HK and saw this figure at TH last night. Looks Great in person. The figure shines beautifully under the spotlights! Too bad it is not a full action fig, or I'll definetely pre-order one.

when it comes to figures like these (most notably the smaller scales from 1/6 downwards, coupled with interchangeable parts), they're actually labeled as "Scale Figures" rather than statues.

And guys that sweep floors & clean toilets are labelled "Custodial Engineers" rather than janitors.

____

And guys that sweep floors & clean toilets are labelled "Custodial Engineers" rather than janitors.

____

Well you know, just pointing out the obvious since some people still manage to miss it. :wave

What I don't get is how some people are complaining over a statue for not being a poseable figure. :dunno

Last edited:
I'm echoing everyone sentiments here.

So Hot Toys releases a 1/6 "mildly"-poseable statue? The EXACT same scale as their figures and fixed to a pose that you could very likely put your own FULLY poseable 1/6 figure in if you're willing to stretch him a bit? Ridiculous.

Point of advice Hot Toys. If you're going to do "poseable" statues. Why not do some from the other licenses you have? Change the scale, maybe even include another character and make it a dynamic scene. I would call your TRON Legacy Sam Flynn on the motorcycle a Power Pose figure considering he was in a fixed pose. Maybe take a page from that book and have figures mounted on their respected vehicles and call it your Power Pose series.

And find a better price point. $165 is around the older price of your 1/6 figures. Way too much if you want to appeal in my opinion.

You know what would be a nice one? A 1/6 "power pose" ALIENS Queen.

While this isn't awful, and may have a place with some collectors, I really hope this doesn't mean we aren't getting a full figure.

I have zero doubt the MMS IM3 figures will be done...try to relax.....

Freaks love panic and chaos..look at every thread on every HT figure ever ever produced

I have zero interest in the MMS IM3 figures...time to sleep.....

Last edited:
I have zero doubt the MMS IM3 figures will be done...try to relax.....

I have zero faith the MMS IM3 figures will be done...time to panic.....

I have no doubt the MMS IM3 Figures will be edible...time for a picnic....

:panic::panic::panic::panic:

I would like MMS IM3 figures but i'm not sure if i should panic because if they are not making IM3 figures that would save me a lot of cash :yess:

If they are making MMS IM3 figures i should panic because it will cost me a lot of cash :gah:

With this "figure" being nothing more than a glorified statue, I wonder if Hot Toys will actually release this on time? With their track record I doubt it.

Probable spoiler regarding Tony's IM3 armors:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Probable spoiler regarding Tony's IM3 armors:
Spoiler Spoiler:

:yess::yess::yess: I love IM suits.

I'm tempted to flexpay this. Especially with all the speculation about the multiple suits. My guess is we won't see an MMS version of this for another year.

Back