Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Power Pose Mark XLII Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found it odd that the gallery of photos of this figure on SSC feature a similar pose in all of them. Didn't look too appealing that way...almost static.

Are there any other galleries of shots out anywhere else yet of this figure?

I just found it odd that the gallery of photos of this figure on SSC feature a similar pose in all of them. Didn't look too appealing that way...almost static.

thats the idea... its a single 'pose' with some minor articulation/swappable parts.

Thats because it is static it only has one overall pose with a swappable leg to switch between standing or flying. So its basically a statue.

I do wonder if this is ht trying to poke into kotos territory of 1/6 statues.

Isn't it a statue with changable legs?

THe whole attraction behind 1/6th is it's poseability, why make a 1/6th statue with interchangeable parts ? Either it's a bad business move or HT is betting on over anxious collectors to snatch this up before revealing the MM versions. But if they never announce the MM version then this piece will sell quite well.

I don't see why people are so confused as to why HT would make these.

That's like wondering why any companies even make statues at all.

It's a different genre in this collecting world we live in. Some people find it appealing while others don't. It also targets those with a lower budget looking into getting a high quality looking piece of something they want, in this case, the Mark 42.

Not everyone has $250+ to spend on a poseable figure and maybe they're fine with getting a statue that can swap between two poses for a $150 price tag.

The majority of us here are obviously more into MMS but that doesn't mean everyone in the world has too as well.

They know their Iron Man line brings in money so they're trying to target a different group. Those of us that are waiting for the MMS version can simply look forward to those, no reason in bashing or questioning why HT is making these.

Word from inside sources is that this is the next in the Power Pose line of figures from Hot Toys.

It does come with the couch, but unsure if the coffee table and decorations are included:

72938_439437366127466_28060529_n.jpg

That pose would have probably sold more than the pose it's really going for.

It's a shame we can't do that pose with the MMS.

THe whole attraction behind 1/6th is it's poseability, why make a 1/6th statue with interchangeable parts ? Either it's a bad business move or HT is betting on over anxious collectors to snatch this up before revealing the MM versions. But if they never announce the MM version then this piece will sell quite well.

What..? Its a bad business move? Its a brilliant business move.

Its 100% obvious they are gonna release the Mark XLII Armour as a 1/6 figure. This statue is just for newbs that are impatient, ppl that like statues and can't pose their figures to save their lives, and ppl that want a slightly cheaper alternative then a $250 MMS.

In fact.. they'll milk this licence down to a knub.

We already got the IM3 Cosbabies, the Busts, Tony Stark figure, this POS, and most definetly upcoming:

They will release Iron Patriot, a War Machine 2.0, Mark XLII, probably the robots that cover Mark VIII-XLI, and if hes a cool enough villan, maybe even the Manderin. What about 1/4th? A 1/4 War Machine :drool

Won't release these in 1/6? You got to be fuggin kidding me.

I don't see why people are so confused as to why HT would make these.

That's like wondering why any companies even make statues at all.

It's a different genre in this collecting world we live in. Some people find it appealing while others don't. It also targets those with a lower budget looking into getting a high quality looking piece of something they want, in this case, the Mark 42.

Not everyone has $250+ to spend on a poseable figure and maybe they're fine with getting a statue that can swap between two poses for a $150 price tag.

The majority of us here are obviously more into MMS but that doesn't mean everyone in the world has too as well.

They know their Iron Man line brings in money so they're trying to target a different group. Those of us that are waiting for the MMS version can simply look forward to those, no reason in bashing or questioning why HT is making these.

:exactly::goodpost:

Statue collectors can finally have a statue with a HT quality paintjob. Thats how I see this. I mean the crappy paint they generally have to put up with...

I have a feeling that they will make a LOT of the other Iron Man armors from IM3 in this line, coz they cannot afford to engineer them all in the MMS line (and no one can afford to buy them all either). I was at a Disney Store yesterday and I saw some of the new IM3 toys, and the backdrop card board actually shows a lot of various Iron Man designs (possibly from Mark 8 to 41).

I am very very worried that the IM line will become the next Predator line, that we will see some obscure armor popping up as exclusive here and there every show.... most likely in this PPS form or MMS form, or even worse - BOTH!

At this point, I have invested in all the MMS IM armors so far, and will stick with the MMS line and skip the PPS.... most probably.

WOW. This is a real milker.
While HT knows IRONMAN fans are chomping at the bit for the new 1/6th IM figure line to come out, and while they simultaneously work out the bugs in the regular 1/6th MM release, they TRY to sell us the empty shell ahead of time, under the transparently hyped-up title 'POWER POSE'..........

I love the smell of greed in the morning.
*pass, wait*

All this statue does is make me excited to see the actual MMS figure...

I can't believe this thing costs what my first fully-articulated Hot Toys Iron Man cost.

The caramel-heavy color scheme on the new armor is horrendous. What an abomination to the classic 1960-80's armor.

BB

Back