IRON MAN 2 Mk VI Maquette photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps the production cost of multi-lighting is part of the reason for the price. It's alreay more advance as palms light yet the half-scale only has eyes and arc reactor lights up. Just my two cents...

Perhaps the production cost of multi-lighting is part of the reason for the price. It's alreay more advance as palms light yet the half-scale only has eyes and arc reactor lights up. Just my two cents...

that plus a more dynamic pose.

guys it's really baffling. many freaks would pay $600 for the IM comiquette and many were speculating how much this piece would cost when the promo pics first appeared. why all this shock now when faced with a $500 tag?

I think $500 seems fair for this piece with the awesome sculpt and base.

and @ freak zombie - bro dun hesitate this piece may not go up in price but it will sell out in our sunny island of Singapore. act while u can :)

You're right. In fact I remember many saying more because of also who was making these. Stan Winston Studio's former company. We're talking about a company that is even one notch above SideShow by itself. This company has never produced pieces that haven't been this cheap for the scale we're getting this IM at. The Predator maquette which is also quarter scale was commanding a 1,000 USD sticker price and that was in 2005. 5 years later we're getting a quarter scale maquette of a big license character that also lights up, and we have people crying bloody murder on 500 dollars? Yet, if you got a SIM or the original modern comiquette you would be paying this or more for a second hand one, which isn't close to as appealing as this piece is.

Meh, some people just need to complain for the sake of complaining. If you knew this was a SWS/Legacy piece, you should expect a big price tag, but at 500 bucks, and to have it light up, and be based off a movie accurate character, based on the same company who produced the actual character models for that film... and considering what we pay for these statues, it comes with the territory.

Expect to pay the price, or don't whine about it and just cancel it and live with the fact you can't afford it.

Can someone please measure the base.I want to see if fits on my Besta together with MKI Maquette.

Thank you in advance.

guys it's really baffling. many freaks would pay $600 for the IM comiquette and many were speculating how much this piece would cost when the promo pics first appeared. why all this shock now when faced with a $500 tag?

I'm not sure if folks are surprised about the price tag. It could simply be the fact there is a ton of product being released in the 4th quarter. Faced with more buying options some folks may elect to spend the $500 and pick up a couple of less expensive collectibles rather than spend $500 on one item.

Personally, I'm not sure why this piece isn't doing it for me. The in hand pics of the Hulkbuster were so good I rushed out and picked it up. If I had to pay $500 for Hulkbuster, I would have gladly paid it. But for whatever, reason I am not getting the same vibe for this piece. One of those crazy things I guess....

You're right. In fact I remember many saying more because of also who was making these. Stan Winston Studio's former company. We're talking about a company that is even one notch above SideShow by itself. This company has never produced pieces that haven't been this cheap for the scale we're getting this IM at. The Predator maquette which is also quarter scale was commanding a 1,000 USD sticker price and that was in 2005. 5 years later we're getting a quarter scale maquette of a big license character that also lights up, and we have people crying bloody murder on 500 dollars? Yet, if you got a SIM or the original modern comiquette you would be paying this or more for a second hand one, which isn't close to as appealing as this piece is.

Meh, some people just need to complain for the sake of complaining. If you knew this was a SWS/Legacy piece, you should expect a big price tag, but at 500 bucks, and to have it light up, and be based off a movie accurate character, based on the same company who produced the actual character models for that film... and considering what we pay for these statues, it comes with the territory.

Expect to pay the price, or don't whine about it and just cancel it and live with the fact you can't afford it.

Great post Eli :goodpost:

This must be the first time i haven't wanted to post STFU Eli :lol ;) Just kidding man.

Last edited:

and @ freak zombie - bro dun hesitate this piece may not go up in price but it will sell out in our sunny island of Singapore. act while u can :)

Don't know bro, gotta think twice, 3 times before I can decide. To be honest I was never a big iron man fan. More of a Alien and Predator fan. Plus I'd really really rather get the 26 inch tv so that I can put in my collectible room. So besides just a room for my collectibles I can watch tv, videos and play my ps3 as well. Else the room would be quite redundant.

The reason I was so tempted by these piece is besides the really nice dynamic pose, the lighting would look really cool in my dim room. But thanks anyhow for the advice. :)

I'm not sure if folks are surprised about the price tag. It could simply be the fact there is a ton of product being released in the 4th quarter. Faced with more buying options some folks may elect to spend the $500 and pick up a couple of less expensive collectibles rather than spend $500 on one item.

Personally, I'm not sure why this piece isn't doing it for me. The in hand pics of the Hulkbuster were so good I rushed out and picked it up. If I had to pay $500 for Hulkbuster, I would have gladly paid it. But for whatever, reason I am not getting the same vibe for this piece. One of those crazy things I guess....

You got it on the nail head man. I too am not surprise by the price. Times changed when I've heard of Rogue PF coming so I switched to Gambit Ex PF + Rogue Ex PF instead. And besides, my Hulkbuster IM Ex is enough IM for me. I can definitely afford this IM but I get more by getting the others.

hey guys.can we have a comparision picture with a 12 inch figure preferably a hot toys ironman just to know how big this sucka' is.any help would be really appreciated.

cheers!

hey guys.can we have a comparision picture with a 12 inch figure preferably a hot toys ironman just to know how big this sucka' is.any help would be really appreciated.

cheers!

That would be awsome. Also, is this hollow cast like the 1/2 scale mark III or solid?

When is this thing slated to ship? Don't tell me August. I mean what day? I didn't get my notice it's coming up and my account still shows I have it on order so I am curious when we can expect this baby in hand. :)

When is this thing slated to ship? Don't tell me August. I mean what day? I didn't get my notice it's coming up and my account still shows I have it on order so I am curious when we can expect this baby in hand. :)

Processing begins this Friday I think and then it starts shipping out next Monday.

That means we'll start getting these possibly next week? Oh my, that is just too awesome for words! Cannot wait to receive mine!!

Can someone please measure the base.I want to see if fits on my Besta together with MKI Maquette.

Thank you in advance.

Around 13.5 inches long and 9 1/4 inches width, around 13 inches from palm to palm but mind that arm is extended outside the area of the base. Better to leave more space for the left arm. Wish this helps :wave.

Here a new batch of pics. Again my favourite close up shot :wave

IMG_3361.jpg

IMG_3364.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3392.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3410.jpg

Just got processing email for Aug 23rd.

Processing Alert Notice
***READ ONLY E-MAIL***
***DO NOT REPLY***

PROCESSING BEGINS: August 23, 2010
Item name: Iron Man Mark VI Maquette – Sideshow Exclusive
Item #: 4000411
Item price: $ 499.99

Dear Valued Collector,

We will begin processing all orders for this item on August 23, 2010. We ask that you have the funds available on your credit card by this date to ensure the successful processing and shipment of your order.

Back