IRON MAN 2 Mk VI Maquette photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll see. I never said I didn't have faith in SS to remedy the situation, but I certainly did express concern at the lack of QC.... AGAIN.

If it's similar to stealth, round 2 will be better than round one. I will call tomorrow or Friday to confirm what was just posted.

Is anyone else waiting like me to hear what the resolution is on a complaint submitted to SS last week?

I haven't heard back from the email complaint I submitted on the 24th.

Sideshow received my my Ironman on the 30th and I haven't heard back on a replacement being sent out.

That's great news actually. I can be patient, just don't want a sub-par piece.
Agreed.

People face it....SS is doomed to never be capable of making and selling a decent IM collectible. It will never be in the cards for them. No matter how hard they try to put a good piece out there, it will inevitably be plagued with some sort issue. Even if all SS did was make POSTERS of Iron man...the printer would jam and explode or the red and gold ink used would some how come looking pink and orange. SOMETHING will be an issue........ALWAYS.

Chris

If what you say is true, then it makes me really proud of SS for wanting to get this piece right :D

I can wait a month, two or even three for they to make this the stellar piece it deserves to be :D

Last edited:
Sounds legit, which might explain why we haven't seen any recent pics in past ~ last week.

I'm pretty sure I got a ~500 issue. Wonder if that many already done.

Sounds legit, which might explain why we haven't seen any recent pics in past ~ last week.

I'm pretty sure I got a ~500 issue. Wonder if that many already done.

Hi Mesa, I think this is legit. As this are the same people LCS owner/SS Rep. who help me regarding the 1:1 Iron Man bust paint chipping problem. After 3-4 replacement and having the bust for 4 months I think, and even offering me for a replacement again. I just decided to get a full refund which they gave me. I'm just hoping that all this be resolve.

People face it....SS is doomed to never be capable of making and selling a decent IM collectible. It will never be in the cards for them. No matter how hard they try to put a good piece out there, it will inevitably be plagued with some sort issue. Even if all SS did was make POSTERS of Iron man...the printer would jam and explode or the red and gold ink used would some how come looking pink and orange. SOMETHING will be an issue........ALWAYS.

Chris

Any constructive proposal?? Simply cancelling the order or asking for refund? Being pessimistic or negative is never an antidote. Have you ever care the feeling of those whose replacement is underway when your bad experience about SS' IM is advocated??

Hi Mesa, I think this is legit. As this are the same people LCS owner/SS Rep. who help me regarding the 1:1 Iron Man bust paint chipping problem. After 3-4 replacement and having the bust for 4 months I think, and even offering me for a replacement again. I just decided to get a full refund which they gave me. I'm just hoping that all this be resolve.

You are indeed very patient and forgiving to go through 3-4 rounds of replacement process. :horror

That's great news and it looks like it may have been a small % of the first batch.

I checked, I got 591. Let's guess conservatively and say 50% of those 600 were questionable. That's still a 12% fallout on an ES of 2500 (I thought I heard that of an ES but sounded reall high). I'm guessing there are at least another 1000 in process, if not the whole batch. Those are crappy numbers.

Thanks for passing on the info. Appreciated.

Chris

Well, I disagree cause Classic Iron man was perfect in my opinion. I think the only Iron Man statue that I didn't hear many complains about it....

That's great news and it looks like it may have been a small % of the first batch.

I don't think it's a small % but that is beside the point. What matters is hearing that SS is committed tom sorting this problem at the root and giving us a stellar piece!

woot! :1-1:

I checked, I got 591. Let's guess conservatively and say 50% of those 600 were questionable. That's still a 12% fallout on an ES of 2500 (I thought I heard that of an ES but sounded reall high). I'm guessing there are at least another 1000 in process, if not the whole batch. Those are crappy numbers.

I'm not sure 50% is conservative. That's really seems a bit high to me. Honestly nobody can say for a fact what % of these pieces had issues. Like I said we've seen some here and at statue forum. However some of them are folks posting on both boards.

There have been issues with some but the thing is SS is doing right by folks and taking care of it. Which should surprise nobody IMO.

Thats awesome news, I dont want to stare at crooked mouth anymore. I am fine waiting for a good batch for replacement :clap

I'm not sure 50% is conservative. That's really seems a bit high to me. Honestly nobody can say for a fact what % of these pieces had issues. Like I said we've seen some here and at statue forum. However some of them are folks posting on both boards.

There have been issues with some but the thing is SS is doing right by folks and taking care of it. Which should surprise nobody IMO.

I think they can do better by replying the threads to show interested parties their action plans and thereby silencing all the doubts.

Back