Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark IV Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Secret Project)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually worked at Chinook lol, phoenix is great! good prices (cheaper than AD) Another Dimension suck, wayy too expensive and super un friendly...

I agree about Another Dimension - I feel like every time I go in the staff give me snooty looks, like they can't believe I'd set foot in a comic book store...

I agree about Another Dimension - I feel like every time I go in the staff give me snooty looks, like they can't believe I'd set foot in a comic book store...

yeah I know its crazy, a comic shop should feel like a gated community for nerds, lol instead I feel like a lesser person, really weird

I have one of these I'd be willing to part with for $300.
I pulled him out for display, but left most everything in the box and never even removed the little tabs in order to activate his LED lights.

Let me know...

The focus of my collection is 80s, so while he is really cool looking, he is out of place on my shelf.

I actually worked at Chinook lol, phoenix is great! good prices (cheaper than AD) Another Dimension suck, wayy too expensive and super un friendly...

yeah I know its crazy, a comic shop should feel like a gated community for nerds, lol instead I feel like a lesser person, really weird

I do like Phoenix, I just forget that they do 1/6th. its really far away from me so that sucks but I think they have better hours then AD. I Have gotten some sweet deals from AD but I find that less and less.

Thats crazy you worked at Chinook. I've probably seen or talked to you a whole bunch of times. Glad to finally talk to some Calgary collectors.

I do like Phoenix, I just forget that they do 1/6th. its really far away from me so that sucks but I think they have better hours then AD. I Have gotten some sweet deals from AD but I find that less and less.

Thats crazy you worked at Chinook. I've probably seen or talked to you a whole bunch of times. Glad to finally talk to some Calgary collectors.

Yeah we should start a group lol, what part of town do you live in? I'm 5 minutes away from Phoenix super convenient,

I'm in Calgary, too, and actually got my first stuff from Chinook (Cantina table/chairs, Nadon's Nook, Greedo and Hammerhead)... think I might've cleaned the store out, actually, as all that was left was Hasbro stuff. :p

Know what you guys mean about Another Dimension. The store is intimidating a bit for some reason, maybe because the clerks behind the till are raised a bit but I don't think it's intentional. Once I made conversation with them or whatnot they were friendly to me. The prices, though, are too high (Sideshow price plus $25 - $50 on top). I've still picked-up a few things from them because their selection and display are first class and it's nice to wander around in there. It's been a while since I've dropped by Phoenix but I'll give them a shot, I think. Just used Urban Samurai Hobbies for the DX10 and the price was great and delivered quickly, once it was in stock.

I'm in Calgary, too, and actually got my first stuff from Chinook (Cantina table/chairs, Nadon's Nook, Greedo and Hammerhead)... think I might've cleaned the store out, actually, as all that was left was Hasbro stuff. :p

Know what you guys mean about Another Dimension. The store is intimidating a bit for some reason, maybe because the clerks behind the till are raised a bit but I don't think it's intentional. Once I made conversation with them or whatnot they were friendly to me. The prices, though, are too high (Sideshow price plus $25 - $50 on top). I've still picked-up a few things from them because their selection and display are first class and it's nice to wander around in there. It's been a while since I've dropped by Phoenix but I'll give them a shot, I think. Just used Urban Samurai Hobbies for the DX10 and the price was great and delivered quickly, once it was in stock.

Awesome more Calgary peeps, phoenix is only ever at most $10 above sideshows retail, great guy, a bit quite until he gets talking. we really should start a group or have a meet up or something, did't realize there were so many of us

Martin at Phoenix a pretty awesome guy, he really lets you know how he feels about different products. I've been going to them for most of my stuff for the better part of 15 years (loved the Xmas sale.) Before that I was AD only because they had a shop in Village Square. Phoenix has good pricing, but most of his stock is in and than out. I don't mind paying AD prices, I just think of it as having to pay for the import duty if I had bought it off SS.

I don't mind paying AD prices, I just think of it as having to pay for the import duty if I had bought it off SS.

+1 from Calgary too!

This is pretty true. When you work out shipping plus customs to order on you're own direct from sideshow, it's not that big of a premium to pay. Great to pick up unavailable figures. Phoenix is good but they never have stock of the items I'm looking for!

Martin at Phoenix a pretty awesome guy, he really lets you know how he feels about different products. I've been going to them for most of my stuff for the better part of 15 years (loved the Xmas sale.) Before that I was AD only because they had a shop in Village Square. Phoenix has good pricing, but most of his stock is in and than out. I don't mind paying AD prices, I just think of it as having to pay for the import duty if I had bought it off SS.
Marty is the ****, he gets all my money, the difference between phoenix and ad on the average is $25 easy, phoenix is way cheaper
+1 from Calgary too!

This is pretty true. When you work out shipping plus customs to order on you're own direct from sideshow, it's not that big of a premium to pay. Great to pick up unavailable figures. Phoenix is good but they never have stock of the items I'm looking for!

Yeah their stock goes quick, just let him know what you want and he ll do his best to get it, I've never missed out on anything, and he doesn't require deposits on anything, also if there's a problem he works it out, unlike AD who makes you sign off on a figure so you can't return it....:pfft:

AD who makes you sign off on a figure so you can't return it....:pfft:

Never knew they did that! I've never acually bought a figure from AD but if that's true, I don't think I ever will! If you sign off that there's no refunds, you're just better off ordering online on your own!

Never knew they did that! I've never acually bought a figure from AD but if that's true, I don't think I ever will! If you sign off that there's no refunds, you're just better off ordering online on your own!

I think the only other figure I might from them now is Iron Monger. Must of what I want I can either get here or through SS.

20130413_200217_zps727a87a7.jpg

Primer Version or not, theres just something that looks so damn cool about it. I think I'm just gonna display it headless next to the IM3 Tony set up, like he's still tinkering with it.

Back