Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think part of it is that I'm an illustrator and designer but the biggest thing that throws off any 1/6 scale toy is how well the articulation allows natural posing and how correct proportionally they are.

The old one is very awkward proportionally to an extreme. For me this new one is a massive massive improvement. I don't care about all the removable panels and swappable limbs. I'm in it for this right here:

209477_10150159828232344_58690437343_6985531_171330_o.jpg

what more do you want?:lol

I'm just stating what I said because some here got super excited thinking its a new body, but its basically the same figure as I guess the old MKII or BD MKIII,and they didnt do anything to the proportion.

Until we get the fact sheets that states a newly developed body for tth MKII, then I believe it is the same old body

I had people refusing to believe the Mark IV was different from the Mark III though so I'm sure there are plenty of people that won't be able to tell the difference between this and the old II.

I always laughed at people who could not see the difference between the MIII and the MIV ..but in fairness i'm not entirely convinced that almost all of this figure is a new mold, i will need to see it next to the original for real, the photoshop's won't do.

There did look to be a big difference in the blurry pics from the screen capture that was posted earlier..but i'm not seeing it so much in these official pics.

I'm just stating what I said because some here got super excited thinking its a new body, but its basically the same figure as I guess the old MKII or BD MKIII,and they didnt do anything to the proportion.

I totally and completely disagree. How can you say these two are the same? Look how skinny the legs are and how skinny the waist is. I'll admit that the arms do appear to be a re-tooling of the BD arms, which I hope they change but nothing else is the same. It's all pretty drastically different. Even the head is a new sculpt.

1IronMan_Mark3BattleDamaged.jpg
209438_10150159828142344_58690437343_6985530_3463824_o.jpg

I think part of it is that I'm an illustrator and designer but the biggest thing that throws off any 1/6 scale toy is how well the articulation allows natural posing and how correct proportionally they are.

The old one is very awkward proportionally to an extreme. For me this new one is a massive massive improvement. I don't care about all the removable panels and swappable limbs. I'm in it for this right here:

209477_10150159828232344_58690437343_6985531_171330_o.jpg

Agreed the proportions are a great improvement. And the detail in the exoskeleton is amazing. Hot Toys really did take it to the next level imo and it is a huge improvement. Though I am somewhat disappointed by the latest photos that there is not a full Rhodes headsculpt that's coming with it. Not sure if I'll buy this yet. I used to own the original Mark II and got rid of it at a decent price late last year.

so very happy this is releasing, I've been wanting an MK2 forever, but the price @_@

Thisll still be expensive but at least itll be affordable!

Ok guys all I need to know is are the joints at legs and arms improved on this one as the joints where too visible on Mk 3,2.

What joints are you referring to? The ball hip joints look so much better on this new one and there's not the noticeable gap between the shoulder and torso like on the old one.

The only part that's a re-use are parts of the arms (well and the mech-test boots). Everything else is brand new.
Parts that likely are from BD Mk.3: Air breaks, feet, Joints (at least arms), Sockets, Hips (flare dispensers), pelvic, screw locations, Pelvic cover, torso internals, neck, Most of the parts without rivets/revealing internals, (Part with rivets/holes are also reworking previous BD Mk.3 parts)

The main things that are new: Torso exterior, Biceps and Lap covers

Case point: Right forearm screw covers/screw location:-
bd03b.jpg

105645rtmgc0dtltugh0ar.jpg

Chock full of epic win! This is a great Easter present! :bunnydanc

I've just given up (I'm sorry but no figure is worth $700+!!) on a MK I and decided to start looking for MK II's. Again, too pricey for an action figure IMO.

This is just fantastic....day one purchase, can't wait to add it to my IM collection.

Man, I can't even imagine how pissed I would be if I just bought a MK II for the prices it's going for. Sorry for those that did...

Looks like Mech test boots...I missed the mark 2 version so I'm glad that they released this version.I was hoping that that the color would be more metallic chrome like paint..

Parts that likely are from BD Mk.3: Air breaks, feet, Joints (at least arms), Sockets, Hips (flare dispensers), pelvic, screw locations, Pelvic cover, torso internals, neck, Most of the parts without rivets/revealing internals, (Part with rivets/holes are also reworking previous BD Mk.3 parts)

If you really examine the pelvis armor it's totally different. It's not nearly as high up on the body. The hips, perhaps the flare dispensers themselves are re-used but the actual ball of the hip is a different sculpt and larger. The legs are for sure totally new, the feet could be re-used. Hard to tell.

Basically anything that is re-used, arms aside, where already plenty good enough and work well with the figure. Well enough that you can't tell. Overall the figure is a far better silhouette than the Mark III, BD or otherwise.

I want more pics of it all together. I don't care about the removable pieces.

Back