1/6 Iron Man 2-1/6th scale Whiplash Collectible Figure - Toy Fair Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ I called it. A recycled figure with nothing new, cost way more now. Should be illegal to do that. Charging more than the original without adding anything new. And no that stand doesn't count as new.

^ I called it. A recycled figure with nothing new, cost way more now. Should be illegal to do that. Charging more than the original without adding anything new. And no that stand doesn't count as new.

Pretty much what he sells for on eBay. Between $280 and $350 on the high end. So think of it as getting a brand new one at the low end of eBay cost :lol

I agree with you guys, this is definitely a wait and see if theres a discount figure. I used to have the die-cast Whiplash, and man that figure was so heavy and cool, but ultimately decided I just wanted my Mk 6 (using the older plastic Mk 6 base) and my WM Mk 1 on a shelf together with no extra room for Whiplash. I suppose this version would work on a shelf with my Mk 4 and 5, but I am sure he will look incredibly under scaled compared to those two newer armors. Eh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hot-toys-6-tony-stark-racing-suit_1_ce88c6c37364559d31c462e18c06092e.jpg

He is undersized compared to the Mark V by almost an inch if the specs are correct. If i get it i would put it next to racing suit stark since he is closer to the correct size.

Didn't even think about that. They even used an undersized body, they couldn't be bothered to use a new body and be up to date at least. I always felt i missed out on this figure back then. I have the old mk5 figure but not sure i want to even get this now, not for a while anyways. Too many other better things this year to get.

He is definitively shorter than the mark 5, but I think the fault there lies with the mark 5 being a bit too tall. Most of the die-cast armors are a over 12.5" tall.

11.81" is still the most common height of human characters for HT. Which would mean the new Cable is probably a bit too tall also. :lol

Last edited:
For those who have done it, how tough is it taking off the overalls and making them orange? Is it stripping the brown out of the cloth or adding color dye to them?

Well this appeared to be released today, though there isn't any pics on hot toys Facebook. Its available from toyswonderland and toysbuyingagent.

Found this on Facebook... I shouldn't be surprised but it appears the lighter brown almost orange color they had for the pants on the proto they displayed though the year was just a BS tease. Disappointing. I'm gonna try to find a parted out pair and customize them.
c13e05a18622a2561ba12c60c3a90a9d.jpg

Found this on Facebook... I shouldn't be surprised but it appears the lighter brown almost orange color they had for the pants on the proto they displayed though the year was just a BS tease. Disappointing. I'm gonna try to find a parted out pair and customize them.
c13e05a18622a2561ba12c60c3a90a9d.jpg

I remember bleaching my 1st release whiplash, and the brown turned into the orange. It was a pretty easy mod. I wonder if those new pants will react the same way

I remember bleaching my 1st release whiplash, and the brown turned into the orange. It was a pretty easy mod. I wonder if those new pants will react the same way
Hey I have the old pair of pants and want to do the bleach mod you did. Do you remember the process you used for it? I've never done anything like that and wanted to make sure they turned out good.

I'd like to know the best process too. I never got the original release so I didn't look into it much, but I do remember someone saying they used RIT color remover.

I’m happy with my original Whiplash.
No need to pick this up.
With this and the lame golden iron man figure hot Toys is saving me some cash.

I plan to get this since I passed on the original. Too bad they didn’t make any improvements. Even though I was never a big fan of the Iron Whiplash armor, I had planned to pick it up but it eventually slipped through the cracks. I didn’t realize it was under scaled. I guess I’ll wait to see if there’s a reissue in accurate scale.

Justin's review video is up. https://youtu.be/Ogi0xP7YAMY

They did improve some of the materials like the wire for the whips and some of the more fragile leather parts for the harness. Also Though skin tone/texture looks a lot better than the original. But it seems any weathering the original had is now non-existent.

Back