1/6 Iron Man 2-1/6th scale Whiplash Collectible Figure - Toy Fair Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone Whiplash's battery compartment have this loose white wire or is mine just broken? Because the lights won't turn on, not sure if it's the died battery. Thanks all
jk8zHtj.jpg

Can anyone give me advice on if and what the differences are with the first release?
I've got the option to buy either one of them, with the first release being much chepaer...

Sorry to necro-post, but I just got this in from Amazon for $200. I used a $100 gift card that brought it to only $100, which isn't too bad these days I think. Pretty cool that it’s the overseas version instead of the Sideshow one. Overall, for someone who’s never owned the original, it’s pretty impressive for the most part even for an older figure. Light up function isn’t all that bright but I knew that going in. Think I’m going to replace the lower legs with legs from an ArtFigures muscle body since those have painted, more realistic looking legs. And whenever the Mark V reissue gets released, I’ll pick up one of those stands to use on this one as I really don’t like the constant reuse of the one this guy came with.

083E8AF4-5848-4DDA-8C2E-16C555F03DDF.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't mind the necropost - in fact, I'll resurrect it again! I have Whiplash on the way next week from BBTS. I didn't expect to see this SSC exclusive there.

Looking forward to it. Always liked the look of this figure.

Thanks! I'm looking into some fiber optic tubing to replace the current ones on the back so that they fully glow and not just where the light emits out.
Hi i used blue el-wire from ebay 1m length was plenty just superglued to the whips looks great with settings for on/off/flash runs on 2 aa batteries & the effects pieces still fit over it. f/o wire would be good but get the variety that emits from the sides not ends ( not that obvious when ordering ) cheers ian.

Hi, not very bright in daylight, but like a neon sign in the dark.

Attachments

• SL270755.JPG
    SL270755.JPG
    381.5 KB · Views: 0
  • SL270756.JPG
    SL270756.JPG
    298.2 KB · Views: 0
  • SL270759.JPG
    SL270759.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 0
Well. Whiplash arrived. Unfortunately it's broken. While (very carefully) moving the right arm to pose it with the whip, the arm just fell off. Didn't snap, just fell. Looking at where the post fits into the arm, it appears already broken.
20220723_BROKEN WHIPLASH 01 sm.jpg

There is no way to simply snap the arm back on and just attempting to glue it on doesn't seen like a solution either. It would pretty much render that arm immobile or easily broken again. Considering how fragile all of the various connections appear, this would be a "find a pose and leave it" kind of figure. I would have happily done that if it hadn't been broken.

I've contacted BBTS about it...they have great CS and I have never had a problem with them in the past. I'd take a replacement...I really like the look of the figure.

WHIPLASH - 001.jpg

If they do have a replacement available. I'll gladly accept it. Knowing now for myself how truly fragile this figure is, I'll use even more extra care in handling it. i don't know how those folks in review videos managed those great poses.

We'll see what they say....

Well. Whiplash arrived. Unfortunately it's broken. While (very carefully) moving the right arm to pose it with the whip, the arm just fell off. Didn't snap, just fell. Looking at where the post fits into the arm, it appears already broken.
View attachment 590514

There is no way to simply snap the arm back on and just attempting to glue it on doesn't seen like a solution either. It would pretty much render that arm immobile or easily broken again. Considering how fragile all of the various connections appear, this would be a "find a pose and leave it" kind of figure. I would have happily done that if it hadn't been broken.

I've contacted BBTS about it...they have great CS and I have never had a problem with them in the past. I'd take a replacement...I really like the look of the figure.

View attachment 590513

If they do have a replacement available. I'll gladly accept it. Knowing now for myself how truly fragile this figure is, I'll use even more extra care in handling it. i don't know how those folks in review videos managed those great poses.

Just order one from sideshow, switch them and tell them that one is broken and you want a refund if bbts says they cant help you.

Just order one from sideshow, switch them and tell them that one is broken and you want a refund if bbts says they cant help you.

There is no way BBTS doesn’t do something to help. That’s a pretty big issue.

Sideshow still has these available so they’ll either be able to get a replacement part from them or offer a refund.

Hopefully BBTS responds to you by Tuesday so you can take advantage of the 10% off coupon and free shipping at Sideshow if you need to get another.

Sorry to hear about the issue. Unfortunate it got past QC unless it broke in transit at some point.

Back