Iron Giant Figure by Mondo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mondo THE IRON GIANT Action Figure!

Exclusive SOLD OUT it seems. :gah:

I got an EX :yess: One of the few times I actually got an order in before what I wanted was gone. I know the price seems high but the EX was going to be a quick sellout no matter what.

I got an EX :yess: One of the few times I actually got an order in before what I wanted was gone. I know the price seems high but the EX was going to be a quick sellout no matter what.

I really didn't think it would. Sure the prints sell out fast, but I figured this was a new area for them and people wouldn't be as responsive. Guess I got schooled.

I think it will be cheaper on the secondary market. This is Mondo guys, lots of posters dudes are buying to sell it after, not matter what they buy. I don't care about the exclusive hand. $300 is expensive considering the material, the run, ... They even charge $75 for international buyers and it's not even sure they will deliver before next Christmas...

I'm really disappointed by the price on this one.

I think the regular version will hang around for a long time. I'm sure a lot of the EX went to flippers. :mad: The price could definitely have been cheaper, but I chalk it up to Mondo being Mondo. Look at how much the little Michaelangelo TMNT figure they made was priced at--shouldn't have been a terrible surprise that Iron Giant was expensive.

I still regret not buying the Ultimate when the movie first came out. But that was before I ever started collecting any high end (re: expensive) toys. The Mondo does look nice, but not $300 nice.

Lord help me, but I decided to make that leap of faith and also pre-order this (just for the regular; was too late to pick up the exclusive). Dropping $300 bones hurts, but missing out on this after carrying the regret of not picking up the Ultimate Iron Giant from Toys R Us way-back-when would hurt even more.

Wow. This sold out fast. And yet the Robocop exclusive from PCS is still available how many months later?

I saw the Exclusive when it was still available and just couldn't pull the trigger with the high shipping quote and the Long wait. But I do feel most were bought up by Mondo Flippers. I have been able to get a few prints that sold out quick in the past that they thought would be Gold for retail or even below the retail cost. I think when these are In-Stock like the Prints, dozens will all be listed at the same time. I think at that time, you can probably get it for Near Retail and not have to wait six months before you get it.

I think a good chunk of all Mondo sales are to flip. Even with the high cost of this item, I think there will still be a good number showing up on eBay.

The standard version is an open-ended addition. The exclusive is already at a premium price, so if these are scalpers buying them I think they are going to be very disappointed.

The exclusive hand is a nice little extra for buying early, but not something I'd covet at all. I'd rather buy the standard version once it's actually released. Thanks for the info, Dave. Feel better now that I skipped the exclusive, knowing that the standard is open-ended.

Oh, wow. I would really love to have this. Looks mostly all plastic with little to nothing else to offer. I'll wait and see when it's released and reviews for this go up (hopefully). But the price tag on this is just :gah:

Oh, wow. I would really love to have this. Looks mostly all plastic with little to nothing else to offer. I'll wait and see when it's released and reviews for this go up (hopefully). But the price tag on this is just :gah:

man i really dont know if you wanted this fig or just being sarcastic =DD

The standard version is an open-ended addition. The exclusive is already at a premium price, so if these are scalpers buying them I think they are going to be very disappointed.

Give it some time all of Mondo's stuff drops significantly in the aftermarket when the hype dies down...very few maintain the high price

I just found this from Mondo. I friggin LOVE it. Yes, the price is ludicrous, but the SHIPPING is freaking INSANE! I wanted to buy the bolt as well, but the shipping just ate up my entire Iron Giant budget (I don't really have an Iron Giant budget).
But this is my favorite animated film. I have two of the earlier releases (remote controlled and transforming). I think there's a bust as well from DCC. Well, this seems to be like the best Iron Giant figure to date. So cool with the S.
I love the fact that this is getting made at all.
I was too late for the ex, but I'll live with the regular.
The shipping is STILL killing me. It's effing ridiculous.

Back