interest thread Cloud City Bespin Gown

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groovy34

Super Freak
Reaction score
leia1.jpg

I thought since someone on the board is making the headsculpt and possibly the shoes too. I decided to check to see if their is an interest in this outfit.

I'm currently waiting on the silk to arrive for the cape, the fabric I have for her tuinic,belt and pants are a nice shade of red not an exact shade but that's going to be difficult in fabric.

once the silk is here im sending it to get tested for the print before im ready to make them.

let me know if your interested.
Star puff might be making the cape while I make the outfit to maximize time.

I think with a costume like this it's better to get interest now so I could make the clothes now that way when the heads are ready you can purchase the head and get her completed. A lot of customizers do it the other way around and wonder what the hold up is. Clothing takes time even in 1:1 scale.

Snyderman is going to plan on making her sculpt because there is considerable interest in her sculpt. which will be available by mayish

So keep a watchful eye on snyderman's updates in the next couple of months. and I'll post his link here as well

It will take 2 months to complete a considerable quantity of bespin costumes. It would help me and star puff if we knew how many to make.
The cost for this outfit will be $200-250 depending on cost to decal the cape

Bespin Cloud City Gown
1.JonEL
2. Generalgrevious
3.Tworiverz
4. Kaiburr
5.One-Figure-Collector
6. Steveo (pending price)
7.Husker75

I am not offering a full figure so if you want to buy a body I recommend a Kumik since it's the right body frame for Leia, price is right, and since she wears flats the shoes dept. might not be a problem if Snyder pulls those off (he is thinking about it) at the moment so it's not a done deal, but hopeful if he does.

I have the proper dye to get the fabric maroon silk sorry guys but cool red is all i can offer acid dyes are unpredictable with results.

I will have a proto sometime end jan early feb. but im not listing costume for purchase until the sculpt is done that way you guys can buy both together.

FYI we are not doing this together it's just me and snyderman happen to want to make her about the same time.

I decided to have this in this section and in the other so don't scold me.

I added you.

Im going to do these in runs due to shipment of red silk.

so every 5 people will be the runs. bear in mind the 1st run won't be available until the 3rd week of may. I'm in college and finals will keep me buisy until then.

But in january i will cut out all 5 garments and prep them to be finished as i have time. it looks like it will be me myself and I doing this so expect the 2nd run in June. 3rd 1st week of july and final run will be available in aug.

Alot of stuff like the metallic trim has to be done by hand, and cape has to be sent to be finalized. then entire outfit will be shipped to you.

Pm me when we get close to may to find out final costs but i feel this may be a $200-250 outfit because of the detail needed to pull this off maybe more im still waiting to find out the work for cape art cost. i don't think thats bad because your getting pants,top and cape. the kumik bodies are relatively inexpensive. This would not be out of the realm of what you would pay for replacement SSc figure stuff. if sideshow made her she would probably cost about 300 because of the detail needed to pull this off.

Last edited:
I'd be interested for sure. Such a great intricate outfit..

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I have my 1st 5 wave. The end of December I will have pics of the proto without head. Please note as above money will not be requested until may. for the 1st 5. So there is time to get the money.

thats due to face fabric was to reveling of undergarments. So they taped her up for most of ANH not sure about this one.

Finally found my thread they elliminated the tab to look at threads you created so now if i want to post anything i have to look for it like everyone else.

any who
I dyed fabric and it has fully dried its a very rich red color now perfect for Bespin its a light maroon color i was concern it would be too dark but came out fine. the silk i can't dye i am not sure what chem reaction it will have with design so it's best left naturally red. so everyone will just have to deal.

interested for sure! :) It's my favorite outfit from the whole series for her. I think I fell in love with her because of that outfit... and the hair.. :) *dreamy sigh* lol

potential bad news the design has to be created as a vector i can't make that to make it easier which will raise up final cost I don't know how much this will change cost but i have done stuff like that on illustrator and it takes forever and i don't remember how to do it again. so curose will have to do this from scratch and it might make the cape be extremely costly.
Just heads up

What exactly is it that needs to be done? If it's a done design that just needs to be vectorized there has to be hundreds of people on the forum that can take care of that.

If you have a pattern sketched out on paper, scan it and send it to me. I can redraw it in Illustrator. This is what I do for a living.

I use illustrator on a daily basis. It shouldn't take "forever" to create a pattern. ;)

well here is what i got from someone on rebelscum who made there own costume this was all she kept.

design bespin.jpg
design bespin2.jpg

design bespin3.jpg

i only took illustrator for one semester and i can't do this personlly to get design in gold yellow and deep crimson red

Here's a 1st draft. PM me for the vector file.

that looks pretty good i think yellow might need to be deeper golden/mustard yellow since it might not show up great as a decal
the pic had a flash on she told me it's more golden and not sunny yellow as it looked in the pics

Back