Interest: TaunTaun and Jerba Wall Hangings!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Interest: TaunTaun and Jerba Wall Hangings For All!!!

Hey, for the resin see if this works. This trick was used by a lot of 1:18 helmet casts.

What ya do is make a 1 part mold, take the hanger end and place on a flat surrounded by a 4 square box for no latex resin leaks. Then pour latex on the head. Let dry, then take some casting resin and fill the mold about half way. Then cap it at the hanging end of the mold with some cardboard or something. Then swoosh the resin around with your hand. Like the wrong way to make a Martini. Then pour out remaining resin into another cup. See if all the nooks and crannies are filled. (Proceed with remaining resin you just poured into the cup and pour into mold again if spots are missed. Then let dry. Then do 2 more times and you should have a hollow cast. I've been told a better cast for this was to use a pressure pot. Though I've never done this before, just know the process.

I had been seriously thinking of just decapitating my extra Hasbro Tauntaun to make one of these, but if the price is right on a casting I would certainly be interested.

Damn, that's a lot of Jerba. Jerba-rish.

So, Ben's rug and Slave Leia's booties are from Jerba hide.

I feel I need a Jerba now. Wasn't there some indecent thing done with a Jerba by Ricard Gere?

Wow man, that is awesome! What a cool story and I really like how they didn't just completely restore the head, but did what was needed and mounted it to a cool base.

And I'll update the first post with the price information and those I think were interested :duff

I think that's a fair price for the work and amount of resin involved, but you do have to keep in mind that the Hasbro Tauntaun can be bought very cheaply nowadays, so I'm a little unsure about paying $35 for a (presumably unpainted) casting. Maybe if you did add the backer it would add a little value to it.

Star-Wars-Tauntaun-Creature-Movie-Prop-Restoration-1_1.JPG

Any chance of getting its head facing more out instead of down? I think I could be interested if you could do that.

I think that's a fair price for the work and amount of resin involved, but you do have to keep in mind that the Hasbro Tauntaun can be bought very cheaply nowadays, so I'm a little unsure about paying $35 for a (presumably unpainted) casting. Maybe if you did add the backer it would add a little value to it.

True, you can probably get a loose TaunTaun for around $25-$30 shipped (that's what I paid for mine) but we will be also removing the reins, sculpting in the missing fur and closing the seam at the neck.

Not trying to be a used car salesman...

But if all goes well you'd a sculpt for $35 with the work already done. Now I won't lie... I'm no pro at miliput; the end product should look pretty good, but I won't be able to make a 100% seamless match between the original sculpt and the new sculpting... but if you see mine (which I'll post a view of the back later today) its not slap you in the face noticeable and I'd take a bit more care with this project.

Also, the Jerba will be a new and unique sculpt if we're able to pull it off.

Any chance of getting its head facing more out instead of down? I think I could be interested if you could do that.

Yeah, that' the plan as well... I'm going to make a slight alteration to mine. But with the new one I think we'll be sure to cut further back with the intention of the head facing more forward/up.

I'm interested in a Jerba head only. Is that possible?

The Jerba's going to be hard to sculpt because it looks so goofy to begin with! That toupee's going to be tough to achieve also.

FYI, I posted a pic of the GG bookend's Tauntaun plaque wall base in the other thread. I just saw a grainy pic from ROTJ, and it does in fact seem that the GG plaque pattern is roughly correct.

:yess:Sign me up. I am definitely interested in getting both completed (painted) TaunTaun and Jerba hangers for my Han in Carbonite display. I have the Han/Tauntaun Kenner 12" and that one has both full horns and it doesn't look like the reins are connected to the head at all. It looks like it's just held in place by the bit in the mouth:dunno.

Back