INTEREST: First Order Fabric Banners (Faux Suede )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do have any recommendations on how to make a banner stand?

I'll try to offer a stand option - would you want a stand for display outside a Detolf? The way I envision a stand, it will always need to add some height to the original banner.

I'll try to offer a stand option - would you want a stand for display outside a Detolf? The way I envision a stand, it will always need to add some height to the original banner.

Yes. A display stand outside the detolf. I agree that it should add a few inches. My shelf is 19" tall and these are 15". If you do offer a display stand, it would be nice if you could keep it under 19". How much would a stand add on to the cost though? I just don't want to ask for one and it is to much and have you waste your time.

I'm going to see how much it would cost me in materials and time to make myself as well as price the cost of having someone else make something for me.

The total height, with stand, of the 15" banners would definitely be under 19" - I don't see adding more than 2"-2.5" total to the height of the banners themselves (14.75")

Exciting: "Order currently being printed - will ship in the next 48 hours" and scary - so much can go wrong when putting ink on fabric. :panic:

Order will be delivered Wednesday afternoon in the US and I'll pick it up Thursday - FedEx originally claimed delivery would be tomorrow, so I had to make a change of plans for pick-up.

I'll post final prices for every set once I have the completed fabric in hand and make up a few sets to ship.

Optional stands: I've designed two type of stands, one that I can put together myself and one I'm having quotes submitted for production. Both use an aluminum rod for the vertical mast, so they're just as premium as the banners sets. Final determination and details once I've received the quotes and made a decision which version to go with.

Delivered five minutes ago - plan to pick it up tomorrow is a go. I might not even have time to check out the other stuff I'm picking up as I may spend the entire evening cutting and hemming.

Got the fabric, cut it down to manageable pieces and now I'm washing it. Oh yes, I'm pre-washing everything to make sure it's colorfast and most of all to get rid of the excessive amount of static electricity.

Imagine rubbing 1000 balloons and you'll get an idea of what it's been like to unroll and cut the fabric down. Shock city. :) Washing is going to get rid of the zapping and make the whole thing a lot more touch friendly for the rest of the long work I have to do finishing the pieces off.

I hope to have a couple of photos in the next couple of days and start taking some orders.

Looking forward to it. I have a First Order Detolf shelf that is in desperate need of a backdrop.

I have no TFA orders in the pipeline yet (seeing the film tomorrow at noon) but I have a feeling the film will be good and I'll get pulled into the Hot Toys wormhole...

With that being said, aside from the First Order tri-banner, will you have the old Empire symbol tri-banner available as well? Or is that still in the planning stages?

Thanks

As people want it I'll make it - probably next month sometime. I have a small number of 15" tall single Empire banners in this run.

Here are the FO banners uncut drying off this evening...

535335_1527938667518194_3691397459826078113_n.jpg

Last edited:
Doing more work today. I have to say this is one of the most challenging and frustrating things I've ever worked on. What seems so straight forward and simple is anything but when you're not in a factory using million dollar equipment. This is proving to be an order of magnitude more complicated than working on electronic sabers frankly. :)

My son and myself are sick and I've had to babysit for the past 3 days, putting a temporary stop to cutting activity. I did get everything cut down to sub-sections before stopping, so the next cuts will be final banners.

I hope these sell well, as I'd like to invest some money into a better cutting system which will help to speed things up tremendously.

And during the "down time" I've also put the final touches on my deburring station which I'll use to dress/finish the aluminum rod. During couch time I re-visited my remote sound effects box design and think I might have something to move on next year. In addition of course to dealing with my logistics and customs agents on some inventory coming into the country for my computer business - it's been a really busy down time. :) Oh, I also made dinner for the family last night. :)

Now I have to get to the supermarket to pick up a fresh turkey for Christmas Day - it'll be the second bird I smoke over oak and charcoal, the fourth smoked overall. Merry Christmas everyone!

Hope you are feeling better. I'll be ready to order one, especially after seeing the movie. Should make a great display.

Merry Christmas.

Still at the tail end of my cold and this is the first day I can get back to cutting since Christmas. Small milestone reached as I finished cutting and sealing all the Empire banners. Now to continue with the much larger and time consuming task of the First Order versions...

10301523_1533263060319088_2517319648605466442_n.jpg

Back