INTEREST: First Order Fabric Banners (Faux Suede )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still haven't put up a sales thread but will do so once I've shipped current orders and taken inventory.

Last edited:
After packing up all the orders it looks like I miscounted the Empire banners and there are still some left - if you want one, PM for details.

Got mine in today. I am setting them up now. They far exceeded my expectations. Absolutely awesome. Pixel did a wonderful job on these.

Thanks man! :yess: :hi5:

Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated and I'm happy you like them. Post some photos when you get the chance.

Now I need to sell a few more to get some dollars so i can buy my own First Order figures to pose in front of a banner. :)

Received mine today also and they are fantastic. I did a quick set up before I have time to get them set up the way I want and they look great with the stormtroopers posed in front of them. Kylo Ren should be here next week to join them.

Here is a quick phone pic I took. Hopefully I can work on a better platform and backing for the banner (Currently the back of the poster board for my son's school project). And I still need to the Empire Banners up once I decide how I'm going to display them.

20160125_215748.jpg

Thank you, these are awesome.

Got mine today too. Only issue I had was a small one. Couldn't get the double sided to tape to adhere well enough to the glass in the Detolf. I just scraped it off and replaced it with some stronger tape I had. Thanks for doing these.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453798944.075087.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453799016.278525.jpg

I had some issues with the tape too, but all I did was clean the glass with glass cleaner, wipe it off, and it stuck on really well. Love this!! Pumped for Kylo to join these guys.

I'm going to write some instructions and make some illustrations and photos showing some tips/tricks for mounting in different ways on different shelves, including the tip I gave Jordan for top-shelf zero-clearance.

In testing and taking photos, I've put up 15 mounting hooks and if the surface is relatively clean, they should stick almost instantly and with pressure and a little bit of setting time, they're permanent and you shouldn't be able to remove them even if you pull on them with extreme force with your bare hand. :)

Do you know if these can be ironed?

Yes, they can be. Just use the low/polyester setting without steam and make sure to move the iron briskly, don't leave it on one spot for a significant period of time. I also washed the fabric when I first got it, but I wouldn't suggest putting them in the washing machine again - spot-cleaning poly-suede is usually easy if that need ever comes up, like if you have messy troopers :)

In setting up, you might have to shift, push and pull the panels to make them line up the way you'd like and stay there. The bottom rod isn't so heavy that it pulls the fabric very tightly, so if you're having trouble keeping everything aligned, you can even use a small bit of double sided tape (or a tape loop) on the back at the bottom of each panel to keep them in place.

Most orders have now been delivered, but some are facing some delays caused by the massive snow storm in the NY area. International shipments that process via the Chicago hub have likely left the country (tracked one package in Germany on the way to Belgium) but those that pass through NY (Jamaica Plains) may still be in holding in Rochester NY.

Thanks for your patience and if I could redirect the snow away from NY I would - I'd bring it all here to us in Southern Ontario to improve skiing conditions. :)

Not the best pic, but I finally got the First Order banners set up.

Hz3OIIj.jpg

It is really awesome and adds a lot to the display. Thanks again Pixel!

Looking good! I know it can be a pain to set up the hooks, making sure they're level and getting everything aligned. I've been working on some illustrations for an instruction PDF to help in the future with a few possible ways of getting everything mounted nice and level.

Not the best pic and for now the base and walls are made out of cardboard, but this is how I'm planning on displaying the figures. Hopefully I'll have some time to work on the base this weekend. It is a miniature version of the platform where General Hux gives his speech.

20160202_221841.jpg

Back