INTEREST: First Order Fabric Banners (Faux Suede )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: INTEREST: First Order Fabric Banners

Decided to buy yet another tool to help prep these - I'd better sell some or I'm going to be in the hole. :) Final color samples back next week instead of at the end of this week as I'd hoped - need to get a red that I'm totally happy with.

I'll post prices in a For Sale thread once I have photos of the finished banners to post.

Final color grading samples in today and I'm just finishing off the final artwork before the big print run. The details of this logo are subtle and tricky and I can say with confidence that I've got it down - and that no other representation I've ever seen online by anyone else is correct. Even the samples I posted earlier in the thread aren't correct. :)

Because I know there are a lot of eagle-eyes and because I'm not satisfied unless something is as close to perfect as possible, I've re-worked the geometries many times over to make them "right." I doubt 95% of people will ever notice, but I feel better for doing it. :)

I'll be doing the print run as a rush order so it shouldn't take long to get it done - I'm going to add the cutting marks and make the final adjustments to the file layout so I can get all the sizes on one print job. More news soon.

Last edited:

Final print layout was completed this morning - it was lot trickier than I expected it would be to lay everything out to properly fit print-run dimensions, but I think I came up with the best combination to minimize wasted fabric.

I ended up doing another last-minute rush job color proofing because I just wasn't satisfied with what I had. It took me most of a day to make a custom color map just to profile the fabric printer so I can pick the best red shade. That material is back today so in the next 48 hours I'll adjust my final layout to include the selected proof color and we're good to go on the final run.

Mounting hooks are all packaged and ready to go. While waiting for the final print to come back I'll be finishing up a few batches of aluminum rod.

Prices should be up this weekend.

This is currently in production - I'll post an ETA when I have a scheduled pick-up date. Holding off on posting prices until next week - sorry. :)

yvN5elb.gif

You've got a winner here, Pix. Fantastic idea and it will really set off a detolf shelf display, making it look very classy.

Looking forward to seeing the samples.

I'm definitely interested in the Empire and Rebel Alliance. If TFA is a winner, then those will be must-haves as well.

Oh, and triple banners for me!

Oh, and triple banners for me!

I wasn't planning to do any triples of Empire/Rebels, only singles. Do you think that's something a lot of people would want? I can always do a smaller run of them, it just costs a bit more to produce.

Couple questions if you don't mind.

Will these be shipping out by Christmas? Want to make sure I save enough money for these... overspent on Black Friday :lol

Will the adhesive backing be good to put on a wood backed shelf?

Do have any recommendations on how to make a banner stand?

Are the empire ones in production as well?

Looking forward to in hand pics. You need a first order trooper now for a photo shoot with these :lol

Will these be shipping out by Christmas?

That's the plan - I'm going to try super hard to have them up and ship some by the time the movie premieres if I can.

Will the adhesive backing be good to put on a wood backed shelf?

Should be fine - I'm testing some right now and will do a pull-test in a week.

Do have any recommendations on how to make a banner stand?

I'll see what I can come up with.

Are the empire ones in production as well?

Yes - Single 5x15" tall version only right now - it will be available in very limited quantity.

You need a first order trooper now for a photo shoot with these :lol

Bought a $15 Hasbro 12" for that purpose. :)

Really looking forward to these. I'm getting my FO squad leader tomorrow and these will really set him off in the detolf.

I wasn't planning to do any triples of Empire/Rebels, only singles. Do you think that's something a lot of people would want? I can always do a smaller run of them, it just costs a bit more to produce.

I think there definitely should be a "triple" option. I'm picturing a typical Detolf shelf display and the single banner, in the middle, would most likely be blocked by the figure(s). (the obvious work-around would be two singles, spread out in the back.)

Also, triples of the Empire and Rebel Alliance would lend to a balanced display if one also has a TFA triple setup in the Detolfs.

I think there definitely should be a "triple" option. I'm picturing a typical Detolf shelf display and the single banner, in the middle, would most likely be blocked by the figure(s). (the obvious work-around would be two singles, spread out in the back.)

Also, triples of the Empire and Rebel Alliance would lend to a balanced display if one also has a TFA triple setup in the Detolfs.

I agree. I might be up for at least a triple Imperial if you decide to do them.

i am very interested, would love to see this go through with a few different designs for different groups

Back