Media Insomniac Games - Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Spider-sense counter akin to the lightning above enemies in Arkham games would be perfect.
The ASM series had that, which I enjoyed, and the combo counter moves.

I really hope the Spider-Man 2 swinging comes back. I utterly hated the ****** swinging from cloud stuff in the ASM series.

Cloud stuff? They really pushed about that whole web swinging. I am playing ASM2 right now and you cant do anything if there isn't a building near and higher than your current position. ONly time you actually swing from anything in the sky is from helicopters.

I just hated the whole LT/RT swinging method.

The ASM series had that, which I enjoyed, and the combo counter moves.

Cloud stuff? They really pushed about that whole web swinging. I am playing ASM2 right now and you cant do anything if there isn't a building near and higher than your current position. ONly time you actually swing from anything in the sky is from helicopters.

I just hated the whole LT/RT swinging method.

I played ASM1 and only saw videos of ASM2, so maybe I'm wrong. But in ASM1 you definitely use clouds.

Patiently waiting a "we've got mods and Gaben and graphics and mods and MOBAs and mods and..." response... :monkey3
:lol

I'm fine with good ol' "Web of Shadows".
But yeah, it's a damn shame to see a good lookin' SM game bein' a console ex after ASM crap.

I played ASM1 and only saw videos of ASM2, so maybe I'm wrong.
But in ASM1 you definitely use clouds.
It was a tad better but still very wanky.

I loved the Superior Spider-Man run, despite being unreceptive of the concept when it was revealed. Just goes to show fans don't always know what they want.

So excited for this game. I hope it does for Spider-Man what Arkham Asylum did for Batman.

My problem with superior Spider-Man was the writing, and characterization. It was amusingly bad :lol I generally accepted that it wasn't permanent, and that Spider-Man is like Marvel's cosmic play thing so I didn't get upset. What was hilarious were the noobs who didn't even read the superior spider-man comics and just raged about the idea.

:lol

I'm fine with good ol' "Web of Shadows".
But yeah, it's a damn shame to see a good lookin' SM game bein' a console ex after ASM crap.

I loved Web of Shadows, truth be told. Sure, it could've been better, but it was a great game IMO. I remember buying all the different game mags and looking for any info besides that on the net. At the time, my hype was through the roof. The end product wasn't a masterpiece, but it was a very enjoyable Spider-Man game.

As for the new one, yeah, I get the frustration. Personally, I was always a Sony guy, so I was gonna buy a PS4 no matter what at some point, so this isn't really a "con" in my case. But it'll definitely leave lots of fans dissapointed. Question is, buy a PS4 now, or wait in case they come out with a Spider-Man themed one? Such limited editions are usually hard to get in the US, but here they're rather easy to get a hold of, due to the market not being that big.

I loved Web of Shadows, truth be told. Sure, it could've been better, but it was a great game IMO. I remember buying all the different game mags and looking for any info besides that on the net. At the time, my hype was through the roof. The end product wasn't a masterpiece, but it was a very enjoyable Spider-Man game.
Same. And I still playin' it from time to time. :yess:
IMO this game has the best looking Vulture and Electro ever.
The only thing I hate is the time waste on findin' those damn spider signs to level up. :lol

My problem with superior Spider-Man was the writing, and characterization. It was amusingly bad :lol

Yeah, the characterization in the main title was horrendous. Ock acted like a Saturday Morning Cartoon Eeeeviiiil Scientist rather than the competent and calculating foe he actually was. But still, it was enjoyable seeing him use Spider-Man's powers in different ways while still being an arrogant and cocky ****. But Team-Up was much, much better. There, Ock was conflicted, had doubts and actually progressed as a character.

I generally accepted that it wasn't permanent, and that Spider-Man is like Marvel's cosmic play thing so I didn't get upset.

Eh, I don't think anything will ever be as bad as OMD...

What was hilarious were the noobs who didn't even read the superior spider-man comics and just raged about the idea.

True that. The forums were absolutely mental during that period, let me tell you that...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, Superior has a lot of potential, but it needs a better writer. What Marvel should've done, was return Peter to his roots, have Ock steal a clone body from the Jackal and star in a Black Science like book, have Kaine in another city, and Agent Venom back to his espionage roots. But noooo, what we got was 70s Iron Man with Spder-Man characters, Space Agent Venom, dead Kaine and Living Brain Ock...

Same. And I still playin' it from time to time. :yess:
IMO this game has the best looking Vulture and Electro ever.
The only thing I hate is the time waste on findin' those damn spider signs to level up. :lol

True, the designs were ace. I particularly liked Black Widow's, truth be told. But yeah, while it had some problems, it was very, very enjoyable, and I would've loved to see WoS 2. The concept art included Carnage, Mysterio and others if I remember correctly.

I didn't know Insomniac still made games. The last game I know of by them was War of the Monsters on PS2. The only thing I don't like is that it looks alot like ASM2, if this is built from scratch cool, but it looks to me like they picked up the same game that the last company made and added a few things.

I didn't know Insomniac still made games. The last game I know of by them was War of the Monsters on PS2. The only thing I don't like is that it looks alot like ASM2, if this is built from scratch cool, but it looks to me like they picked up the same game that the last company made and added a few things.

They made Sunset Overdrive just last year, which got great reviews. Plus, Ratchet and Clank, man!

I have high hopes for this game. Most of the Spidey games have been disappointing after Spider-Man 2 on PS2. I hate the white spider on the suit though. As long as there are skins to change it then I'm probably in.

Back