Inside the leg of Hot Toys BVS Wonder Women

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sideshow and Hot Toys will never change.
Don’t buy at all and you’ll be fine.

Don’t buy at all and you’ll be fine.

Yep, pretty much sums it up.

14nw2f.jpg

This thread would be a lot more interesting if hot toys was removed from the title :naughty

My God!!! Most things look like crap if you take it apart and just look at one section. What matters is how it all works together.

Eh not too surprised - even now the improved Phicens don't look amazing once you've gotten the internal skeleton out.

Got to admit though, I'm really not a fan of seamless joints on the whole. If I wanted something that I can't pose I'd get a statue.

You can still at least pose a seamless body in various safe poses the way you want, albeit a bit limited. With a statue, you're stuck with the one pose that it's in.

You can still at least pose a seamless body in various safe poses the way you want, albeit a bit limited. With a statue, you're stuck with the one pose that it's in.

True - I suspect part of the problem is that I've seen enough horror story images of these seamless figures that I'm inherently wary of them!

Though it probably doesn't help that people tend to cry for seamless on female figures - where there tends to be less space to allow for padding of the joints etc to protect the skin/sheathing material from the skeleton /innards.

No ones interested, but some dip****s keep posting in this thread, the lulz are real.

No ones interested, but some dip****s keep posting in this thread, the lulz are real.

Thanks for that wonderful insight. I'd have never realised that being minorly unimpressed by the quality of the build of a figure was a 'dip****' level offense on a forum explicitly dedicated to talking about these things, where people are known to vocally moan about all sorts of other details such as cast quality, size of... assets and paint applications. But now I'll bow down to your superior action figure and materials science knowledge. Oh wait. Nope, apart from an insult I'm not actually seeing a contribution in that reply.

What a magnificent thread.
But thanks for posting the internal mechanism of the leg, interesting to see how it works.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Personally I dont like the masking tape either. It is using subpar materials on a high end figure. Could use some heat shrink tubing, silicon sleeve or similar if they wanted to protect the motion of the spring from pinching off the rubber. It's a cheap ******** fix.

That just looks way ****tier than I expected. It looks like you could bend the femur or shin parts of the legs pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back