Injustice: Gods Among Us (new DC Fighting Game)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't say this is MK vs DC 2. This game obviously runs on the new MK9 engine, which completely redid the Mortal Kombat franchise with much more complex inputs and combos and such.

Its MK vs DC in the sense that that is the only other DC game in this genre. I mean its still even made by the MK guys (netherrealm). It really is just DC vs MK 2 without the MK. Which is how I played that game after beating the story modes anyway :lol

It will be interesting to see if they keep the "Finish Him" idea with this though. Having that always made MK better than Street Fighter to me. So hope they keep that for the DC solo game. Just don't make them as lame as DC vs MK's was :slap

SMH for this game....why? i mean yeah it doesn't look the greatest right now, but the game is going to come out in 2013! not even close to being finished. Imo you can't judge the game based off of 1 minute of gameplay and speculations. Give the game a chance to polish up and at least show what it has to deliver. If they show more and it still looks bad THEN bash on it.

better look at Harley Quinn
Harley1200.jpg

Another image
grundy.jpg

I'm liking Harley's character design

I wonder who else they are going to show off next?

Last edited:
I don't think they are premiering any characters at E3

But I am fully expecting Joker, Green Lantern, Catwoman, Lex Luthor, Deathstroke, Darkseid and Captain Marvel since they were all in the MK vs DC game.

Look like its confirmed for having only 6 characters.... probably more from DLC but thats pretty lame. This game sound more like a $15 download the more I hear about it.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/06/05/injustice-gods-among-us-heroes-villains-gods

Read the article again. It says a "large cast of characters, such as", and then lists six (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Harley, and Grundy).

This MTV article ...

https://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2012/06/01/10-things-about-the-new-injustice-gods-among-us-trailer/

... says "28 characters on the disc", and mentions Lex Luthor and Captain Cold specifically in addition to the six in the trailer.

SnakeDoc

New gameplay footage. I can honestly say that I am not impressed.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utJVXUaI84c[/ame]

New gameplay footage. I can honestly say that I am not impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utJVXUaI84c

Blame the style they went for in the video. It is so dull how they did it. They could have just had legit fights with combos and cool stage interactions, but instead they went with this painfully slow demonstration of the game.

It has a lot of potential. Animations seem to be a little smoother than MK9 (which in the end of the day its only major flaw visually were the stiff animations for a lot of stuff) and because the blocking method is traditional to other fighting games, it opens up a lot of options that you would expect to see in various fighting games.

I also like the originality. All the DC characters are given new outfits and style and I think it is a cool touch. Stage interactions look mostly fun but I am not a fan of the stage transitions just because they are way too long and I could imagine seeing them once a match would get pretty dull.

Super animations look cool and I like the Blazblue-like system they are going for. Seems like it all has a lot of potential and don't forget this game is really early in development. MK9 changed quite a lot by the time it actually came into our hands.

Hopefully they add White Rabbit for all her fans on the Poison Ivy PF thread.

Kind of risky to not use the dc name for the title. The title could easily pass for a god of war spin off lol.

I agree with others about the lame-o armored 52 type designs and insanely powerful Batman, etc. making this look like a total pass. DC just needs to make a deal with Marvel and Capcom to integrate into that franchise.

If DC vs MK is any indication, this will be a lackluster title. Why did they even consider making this?

If DC vs MK is any indication, this will be a lackluster title. Why did they even consider making this?

because dc vs mk actually sold really well. theyre a company so whatever sells theyre going to pursue. also DC VS MK doesnt even share the same gamplay with injustice at all. after playing MK9 ive got more faith in them at making this game. the gameplay looks deep enough for competitive play but gimmicky enough for just a good time.

LOVE the design of these costumes, the only one I'm not to keen on is batman, don't like the silver, but superman and flash look sick! game does look kind of boring though.

Back