Media Injustice 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Story trailer (Cyborg confirmed):

Cyborg's super sends the oponent to Apokolips where Parademons attack him... Very odd.

Not really. They just ran with the whole New 52 schtick where his body is made of Apokoliptan tech, which, personally, I think is kind of ****ing stupid, but hey! The New 52!:lol

Yup, he's a motherbox, which gives him a direct connection to Apokolips.

Why is it stupid? Not that I care about Cyborg but it's a better origin than the original, for once. Not only in the origin itself but in his relationship with his father, etc etc.

The only drawback is that Blue Beetle and Cyborg are basically the same thing.

I don't know. I'm just tired of everything being so overdone, and, basically, maybe it's blasphemy to some comics fans, but I'm kind of tired of Geoff Johns. Not everything has to be grandiose and dramatic. Cyborg can't just be a remnant of a scientist's dead son that he frankensteins back together because he can't cope with the loss, he needs to be a vessel of Apokoliptan tech that is the key to defeating Darkseid. It's not just him, either. I'm sick of Barry Allen, too. I don't get why he can't just be a guy who gets super powers and does **** for a good reason because he wants to, instead, he's yet another comic book character with a dead mom and a guilt complex and it's annoying as ****. I just wish everything didn't have to be "epic."

I don't know. I'm just tired of everything being so overdone, and, basically, maybe it's blasphemy to some comics fans, but I'm kind of tired of Geoff Johns. Not everything has to be grandiose and dramatic. Cyborg can't just be a remnant of a scientist's dead son that he frankensteins back together because he can't cope with the loss, he needs to be a vessel of Apokoliptan tech that is the key to defeating Darkseid. It's not just him, either. I'm sick of Barry Allen, too. I don't get why he can't just be a guy who gets super powers and does **** for a good reason because he wants to, instead, he's yet another comic book character with a dead mom and a guilt complex and it's annoying as ****. I just wish everything didn't have to be "epic."

Oh yeah, I'm right there with you, hopefully Rebirth fixes a lot of that stuff, see I don't mind Cyborg being EPIC because otherwise I don't care about him.

But the Flash being a dude who's a hero JUST because he likes it, is better than they killed my parents Barry, also Billy Batson, while I don't mind him being a ****** orphan because his life was ******, I prefer him being a sweet well intentioned kid that's good despite having such a bad life, then there's Martian Manhunter.

At least they're retconing WW's origin, and mixing it together with her clay origin, which makes it a lot more interesting than either by itself imo.

And there's pre52 Wally who's still a hero because he liked the Flash as a kid, but that one doesn't count because it's literally pre52 :lol

It's not just comics, it's everything, everything has to be epic and dramatic.

I agree wholeheartedly on Billy, and I think that's what separates the two versions, in terms of appeal, as well. One of my all-time favorite DC books, and, in my opinion, arguably the greatest Captain Marvel books was Shazam and the Monster Society of Evil. I look at a character like Talky Tawny, for instance, who is, essentially, at least, in that book, a hobo, and how he's probably Billy's best friend, and yet, imagining Geoff Johns and Gary Frank's Billy, I can almost picture the disgusted sneer that Frank draws so well, would he ever come across such a character in his arc.

I don't feel like Cyborg needs to be made "epic," because, frankly, I don't think Cyborg should be in the JL. He was a Titan since his conception, and, so a Titan he shall remain, in my mind, at least. I always viewed him as the backbone of that team, and it was kind of interesting to see that parallel; how the Titans books totally floundered when he got upgraded to JL status. I'm not saying that's the entire reason those books sucked, but I do think that, in terms of construction and the character dynamics, it could've been a contributing factor.

Not really.
They just ran with the whole New 52 schtick where his body is made of Apokoliptan tech.
I know but there was no mention or even a hint at this in the previous game.
Just feels like an out-of-nowhere thing and backtrackin' which is stupid considerin'...

... that Blue Beetle and Cyborg are basically the same thing.

I agree wholeheartedly on Billy, and I think that's what separates the two versions, in terms of appeal, as well. One of my all-time favorite DC books, and, in my opinion, arguably the greatest Captain Marvel books was Shazam and the Monster Society of Evil. I look at a character like Talky Tawny, for instance, who is, essentially, at least, in that book, a hobo, and how he's probably Billy's best friend, and yet, imagining Geoff Johns and Gary Frank's Billy, I can almost picture the disgusted sneer that Frank draws so well, would he ever come across such a character in his arc.

I don't feel like Cyborg needs to be made "epic," because, frankly, I don't think Cyborg should be in the JL. He was a Titan since his conception, and, so a Titan he shall remain, in my mind, at least. I always viewed him as the backbone of that team, and it was kind of interesting to see that parallel; how the Titans books totally floundered when he got upgraded to JL status. I'm not saying that's the entire reason those books sucked, but I do think that, in terms of construction and the character dynamics, it could've been a contributing factor.
My ninja! Love that book.

If you haven't read it I recommend Multiversity's Cap Marvel and the day that never was. And Multiversity in general. It's just good'ole Morrison being epic and high concept effortlessly while also being super light, unlike Johns :lol

Yeah I like Cyborg origin since he is in the JL, because otherwise he doesn't bring much to it, but if he was in the Titans, as he should, I'd like him to have his original origin.

My ninja! Love that book.

If you haven't read it I recommend Multiversity's Cap Marvel and the day that never was. And Multiversity in general. It's just good'ole Morrison being epic and high concept effortlessly while also being super light, unlike Johns :lol

Yeah I like Cyborg origin since he is in the JL, because otherwise he doesn't bring much to it, but if he was in the Titans, as he should, I'd like him to have his original origin.

Yes! I love Multiversity and I can't wait for the Multiversity Too OGNs to start popping up. The Captain Marvel story was fantastic. Also, Convergence. Convergence was a stupid event that sucked monkey butts, but the Captain Marvel/Gotham By Gaslight specials by Jeff Parker and Doc Shatner were a delight.

Oh man I can't wait for Multiversity Too.

Definitely needs to tell more New Reichmen, more ultra comics and more Captain Carrot :lol

Too bad it was announced too early and the wait will be tough for me.

I skimmed past Convergence because the few things I read were not that great, so then I missed some good ones.

To be fair, it was pretty much the only good one.:lol Jurgens' Supes was a good precursor to rebirth, though.

rock_double_zpsyqzlr9pt.gif

Cold is freakin' cool!

Bane is ****in' awful.

Scarecrow is... no, that's not even him.

Back