Inflames & Headplay :Metal Boss - BDU Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some quick pics of mine

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3537.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg

and versus my custom Snake
298419_10150322719649035_133117059034_7859882_1666403484_n.jpg

^^ How did you get the knife to stay on his lower leg? Is that the black sticker, that came with his cardboard box?
Looks awesome in his different camo will try and swap the over one day

I've got mine as well!! IM STUNNED!!! THIS IS ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD!

btw are they already open the PO for the SNEAKING SUIT???? PLEASE ANYBODY COULD CONFIRM THIS?

I just cant imagine how BEAUTIFUL the upcoming HOT TOYS version would be...

at a second, I just thought maybe this METAL BOSS is some kind like a REJECT PROJECT from HOT TOYS maybe??? Look at the quality man.. this INFLAMES is a serious beauty......

I've got mine as well!! IM STUNNED!!! THIS IS ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD!

btw are they already open the PO for the SNEAKING SUIT???? PLEASE ANYBODY COULD CONFIRM THIS?

I just cant imagine how BEAUTIFUL the upcoming HOT TOYS version would be...

at a second, I just thought maybe this METAL BOSS is some kind like a REJECT PROJECT from HOT TOYS maybe??? Look at the quality man.. this INFLAMES is a serious beauty......

Although I think this figure is great, there's a couple of things I am certain that Hot Toys probably wouldn't let slide. Like the leg band and arm bands, as well as the whole black under suit being kinda loose, and the material being a smidge too thick.
Hot Toys will make this, super thin, and prone to ripping (you know, good old fashion Hot Toys style).
This is a very good effort, and I have been defending it since it hit the board, but, we all know Hot Toys will come with their "A" game in their design, but it will suffer to their "C" game in quality control.
I think this figure will be more user friendly in the long run, and it does look great, for a "somewhat" decent price.
Yeah, bring on Hot Toys, and we'll all be amazed. But for now, this one will do just fine.

Im totally agree with you unclechopchop! super TRUE! Some material were too thick and very limiting the movement, weak joints making it hard to pose as well..

I expecting the HT version would be so superb! Just like you said, HT got their A Class material! At this moment Konami is in progress to release their MGS HD COLLECTION, thats the perfect hype moment to release HT MGS!

Glad to see you guys are loving your Snakes!! Still loving mine.. ALOT.

The repainting I did on the mustache really helps so much as well as the neck shorting (this is easy just remove the inner ring in his neck and then put it back on the plug it will sit lower and be the perfect height. it bulges at the very bottom but you cant see that part in the suit anyway) So much so that I cannot look at pics of the unmodded one anymore!!

Also fixed his eyepatch. All in all awesome will try and maybe get a couple basic snaps tomorrow to illustrate these changes.

did anyone else make him from snak eater?

You mean the version where he's got candy bars and chip bags on his belt? Being the Snak Eater and all:lol
Just teasing. Sorry, I had to say it!:hi5: I've made this typing mistake many times, looking for Snak Eyes. You know, the GI Joe member that only has eyes for a bag of chips!

I went with the snack eater all the way! Gotta keep Snake pleasantly plump :D

Having some fun with my snake, get your mind out of the gutter... Will post some more straight forward shots another day!

screenshot20110927at124.png

<if you want to accurate look form snake eater you will have to replace the harness with the medicom one, looks more accurate;

Also you will have to remove the suspenders on the belt with the canteen, he doesn't have those in snake eater.

I'm working on my Snake Eater version atm.

thanks for the tip elvis. but i couldnt get the medicom harness, id have to buy another figure. which is too much $ so im happy with what he looks like cause im poor =)

The only shot that makes this fig look good imo

This shot looks soo much like the Medicom one. I do like that the arms look more free and his knee pad thing looks better too

still HT FTW, i hope if you guys get this you still got money for the HT version, im sure you'll regret it otherwise

It's a given that there's going to be buyer's remorse on this. But, if someone seriously wants this........ thing, then they should wait wait a few months or so for Hot Toys to officially announce their figures. There's going to be a lot of :panic: as people scramble to Ebay and try to hawk their used Metal Bosses for cheap, to recoup the funds that they lost :monkey2 :panic:.

Back