Inflames & Headplay :Metal Boss - BDU Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a given that there's going to be buyer's remorse on this. But, if someone seriously wants this........ thing, then they should wait wait a few months or so for Hot Toys to officially announce their figures. There's going to be a lot of :panic: as people scramble to Ebay and try to hawk their used Metal Bosses for cheap, to recoup the funds that they lost :monkey2 :panic:.

I dunno. I'm really not sure that they are going to do this version or even something in the fatigues at all... I know they showed one from the 3D game as the teaser image but I still think we'll see some stuff from MGS1, sneaking suit snakes etc. I really dont think we'll be seeing the same outfits that HP and Inflames offered up

He's vastly superior than the medicom in so many ways.

I converted mine into a snake eater version.

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3606-1.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_3605-1.jpg

Well the great thing is Hot Toys are pretty slow-on-the-draw with their figure(s) so there's plenty of time for fans on a budget to save up and have both in their collections.

The only shot that makes this fig look good imo

This shot looks soo much like the Medicom one. I do like that the arms look more free and his knee pad thing looks better too

still HT FTW, i hope if you guys get this you still got money for the HT version, im sure you'll regret it otherwise

thats ok we still have over a year to save the money =)

got the toy last week (i'm in europe btw)
It's actually worth the price...
but some things still bug me...
the body is veeery loose underneath the sneaking suit...
and the neck is too long
other than that, it's a great toy...

do you prefer the olive bdu or the skull bdu?

(btw... there's a thing that goes thru my head.. the game Peace Walker is set in 1974 and the game snake eater is set in the 1960s.... but the BDU's he's wearing were first introduced in 1989....)

got the toy last week (i'm in europe btw)
It's actually worth the price...
but some things still bug me...
the body is veeery loose underneath the sneaking suit...
and the neck is too long
other than that, it's a great toy...

do you prefer the olive bdu or the skull bdu?

(btw... there's a thing that goes thru my head.. the game Peace Walker is set in 1974 and the game snake eater is set in the 1960s.... but the BDU's he's wearing were first introduced in 1989....)

Strange my body is very tight? I wonder why yours is loose?

Yes the neck is a problem, honestly easiest fix in the world, take out the neck plug and pull out the ring on the inside of the neck at the bottom, it is glued in but should come out easy, then just put the neck back on the plug, it will bulge around the bottom but that part is hidden by the collar and it should stay tight enough to pose his head and hold him upside down without it falling off.

Strange my body is very tight? I wonder why yours is loose?

Yes the neck is a problem, honestly easiest fix in the world, take out the neck plug and pull out the ring on the inside of the neck at the bottom, it is glued in but should come out easy, then just put the neck back on the plug, it will bulge around the bottom but that part is hidden by the collar and it should stay tight enough to pose his head and hold him upside down without it falling off.

nah my body is loose as ____
the figure is falling down all 2 minutes...
but i guess inflames /headplay don't have a customer service to get one of the stiff bodies...

cool thanks for the tipp on the head..

btw. i now got rid of the sneaking suit underneath... so that the positions can be hold better...

I did but I modded it since those pics.
WHat I did is trimmed the moustache and sculpted a lighter one and sculpted a new eye patch.
Will post some pics tonight.

This is pretty awesome, and I think it's hilarious all of the hub-bub about what is and isn't cool to post. I think the board comes off as a little hypocritical when there is an entire section of unlicensed figures, heads, and accessories being sold left and right (not that there is anything wrong with that). Just more or less an observation I guess. War has changed. :lol

Here's my modded head.

Trimmed the moustache and suclpted a better one less thick.
Also suclpted the eye patch, i hate real eye patch on 1/6.

IMG_3797.jpg

Looks great Seb, but since you trimmed the stach, you should have connected the goatee. I dont know why they gave the figure the Peace Walker facial hair. Isn't the figure supposed to be from MG3 (gavial head)?

Back