Inflames & Headplay :Metal Boss - BDU Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad I wasn't the only person considering getting this figure just for the gear.

Yeah, Mark.. These stuff look good! :hi5: I bet the quality of the material is not that far off from what Hot Toys is using.

I really think Hot Toys' advantage over this boxed set is just the headsculpt accuracy and box artwork, other than the brand itself. :wave

Why aren't peeps going Snakey over this guy???

The head looks pretty similar to the proto pics, might need atouch up here and there but this is one bad ass snake!Sure Hot TOys will do one but most likely not in the same gear. This is by far the best Snake on the market right now... a little pricey but considering you get two outfits and interchangeable looks I think it's a good deal...

You're content with this?
IMG_0311.jpg

anxiously awaiting mine!

Why aren't peeps going Snakey over this guy???

The head looks pretty similar to the proto pics, might need atouch up here and there but this is one bad ass snake!Sure Hot TOys will do one but most likely not in the same gear. This is by far the best Snake on the market right now... a little pricey but considering you get two outfits and interchangeable looks I think it's a good deal...

You're content with this?
IMG_0311.jpg

anxiously awaiting mine!

Since this is an unofficial bootleg (not endorsed by Konami or designed under the supervision of Yoji Shinkawa), a price of $180 is very unreasonable. Especially considering that when (or if) Hot Toys releases their official version of Snake it will sell for the same, if not a cheaper.

As for the Medi figures, if people were content with them, they wouldn't have been clamoring for Hot Toys to make Metal Gear Solid figures for all these years :rotfl. I still love my Medi Croc Cap Snake, though.

Since this is an unofficial bootleg (not endorsed by Konami or designed under the supervision of Yoji Shinkawa), a price of $180 is very unreasonable. Especially considering that when (or if) Hot Toys releases their official version of Snake it will sell for the same, if not a cheaper.

As for the Medi figures, if people were content with them, they wouldn't have been clamoring for Hot Toys to make Metal Gear Solid figures for all these years :rotfl. I still love my Medi Croc Cap Snake, though.

Ferraro i agree about ur comment, i cant w8 to get mine i bought 4, but where are they $180? i got mine for 140

I'm just looking for a good place to get him cheap. I don't want to go through a Chinese seller on Ebay and I can't find him at a retail store for 140 shipped.

I also got mine for 140! I don't get this price complaining at all.. How could a real MGS fan NOT be salivating for this? I dont get it!

If you want to get into a philosophical debate, a REAL MGS fan would not buy a bootleg product. They would support the official product release and see those funds go to the parties that are responsible for creating them.

Or to put it another way, bootleg companies are dirty thieves and should not be supported in any way.

If you want to get into a philosophical debate, a REAL MGS fan would not buy a bootleg product. They would support the official product release and see those funds go to the parties that are responsible for creating them.

Or to put it another way, bootleg companies are dirty thieves and should not be supported in any way.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Well said. But, I think that we should just end the discussion and report this thread to the nearest moderator. It should have been locked a long time ago, just like what the mods did over at the OSW forum. The last thing that Hot Toys needs, is for an unofficial, mass produced product, being marketed in the forum, that could potentially cut into their sales.

Well said. But, I think that we should just end the discussion and report this thread to the nearest moderator. It should have been locked a long time ago, just like what the mods did over at the OSW forum. The last thing that Hot Toys needs, is for an unofficial, mass produced product, being marketed in the forum, that could potentially cut into their sales.

thats a fair point, but just to say. im not supporting anyone im only buying it because its mgs related. ill probably buy anyone ht makes from the game. maybe more than one lol

Wow a bunch of boy scouts in the video game forum huh? I wouldnt recommend u guys stepping foot into the general collectibles thread or the customs section if you have a problem with non official licesnsed product...

Wow a bunch of boy scouts in the video game forum huh? I wouldnt recommend u guys stepping foot into the general collectibles thread or the customs section if you have a problem with non official licesnsed product...

Perhaps you should have done your research a little better. This figure isn't the same as a commissioned custom, that involves just a single artist and one (or a few) clients. It's a blatant, mass manufactured Chinese rip-off. It was serious enough, even for Hot Toys to have a problem with it, when they requested for headplay to remove his posts about this figure from around the Internet. Why don't you read back at some of the posts in this thread? :wink1:

Honestly i don't see where all the hate comes from.

Bootleg exists since a long time, i have no problem with them.
It won't stop buyer from getting the hot toys version or the hot toys version to sell like hot cakes.

If you don't like this don't come in this thread!

Honestly i don't see where all the hate comes from.

Bootleg exists since a long time, i have no problem with them.
It won't stop buyer from getting the hot toys version or the hot toys version to sell like hot cakes.

If you don't like this don't come in this thread!

Seriously. EXACTLY. What the man said.

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

They way you are talking it's like this is the first and only time you've ever heard of anything like this happening. You can't assume I'm ignorant to the fact that Hot Toys and Konami had a problem with this, of course I know about the drama, have always known and am proud that Headplay stuck it to them anyway. Why wouldn't HT and Konami have a problem? it's unlicensed. If Hot Toys was really that concerned they would have shown theirs. Or at least something that made the headplay one look like garbage. but they didn't. And as elvis said, real fans of MGS are gonna buy both anyway, they will snap up all they can thats quality from the genre and this looks to be quality.

It may in fact be ignorant to ignore the importance of these "bootlegs" to our hobby. In which I believe is actually a misused terms since a true bootleg is a knock off reproduction of something. This is not a bootleg, it's an unlicensed unofficial mass produced custom figure. A bootleg is something like the recent Wolverine problem. recasted- remade with cheaper materials and sold as if it were an official product. "Metal Boss" does not even attempt to make it sound like it's an official thing.

You think Warner Brothers wouldn't have a problem with the million and one Inception bootlegs there are on ebay? Or Something like the "Cat Lady" figure?

Without customs and unlicensed figures (I refuse to use the term bootleg from here on in) our collections would be pretty bland. There would be no Blade Runners, Clint Eastwoods or Robert De niros. Licenses/likenesses that are notoriously difficult.

Heaplay has stones for getting this guy out there and I for one promise you that a lot of Metal Gear fans are grateful to see it happen. Soon it will be in my hands and then on in short of a fire Hot Toys can't do anything to take it away from me. And when they release theirs I'll buy that too.

NUFF SAID :lecture

While I think this is a cool figure and would like to have it, the fact remains that it is unlicensed, is relatively mass produced, and is of a character from a license HT (a Sideshow partner) will presumably release figures from. The fact that HT made this company originally back down suggests that they didn't want it to happen and may well have threatened legal action.

So, I guess the long and short of it is, this is different than a number of other unlicensed items, and I think people who take issue with it have a legitimate argument. But saying that, I do love me some nice custom/unlicensed figures. I own several, and will probably buy more. But I can respect that someone who only wants to support Konami/Hot Toys would take issue with it.

Seriously. EXACTLY. What the man said.

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

They way you are talking it's like this is the first and only time you've ever heard of anything like this happening. You can't assume I'm ignorant to the fact that Hot Toys and Konami had a problem with this, of course I know about the drama, have always known and am proud that Headplay stuck it to them anyway. Why wouldn't HT and Konami have a problem? it's unlicensed. If Hot Toys was really that concerned they would have shown theirs. Or at least something that made the headplay one look like garbage. but they didn't. And as elvis said, real fans of MGS are gonna buy both anyway, they will snap up all they can thats quality from the genre and this looks to be quality.

It may in fact be ignorant to ignore the importance of these "bootlegs" to our hobby. In which I believe is actually a misused terms since a true bootleg is a knock off reproduction of something. This is not a bootleg, it's an unlicensed unofficial mass produced custom figure. A bootleg is something like the recent Wolverine problem. recasted- remade with cheaper materials and sold as if it were an official product. "Metal Boss" does not even attempt to make it sound like it's an official thing.

You think Warner Brothers wouldn't have a problem with the million and one Inception bootlegs there are on ebay? Or Something like the "Cat Lady" figure?

Without customs and unlicensed figures (I refuse to use the term bootleg from here on in) our collections would be pretty bland. There would be no Blade Runners, Clint Eastwoods or Robert De niros. Licenses/likenesses that are notoriously difficult.

Heaplay has stones for getting this guy out there and I for one promise you that a lot of Metal Gear fans are grateful to see it happen. Soon it will be in my hands and then on in short of a fire Hot Toys can't do anything to take it away from me. And when they release theirs I'll buy that too.

NUFF SAID :lecture

this feels like one of those posts that just sums up its side of the argument so well, the opposing side will just ignore it hoping it goes away, so for that reason... :exactly::exactly::exactly::goodpost:

Back