Inflames & Headplay :Metal Boss - BDU Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's what's keeping me from buying these figures off of eBay, even if the seller is a reputable pre-order seller on eBay. I also thought this was already cancelled due to legal action taken by Hot Toys/Kojima Productions/Konami on the deliberate derivation of the Metal Boss figures from the Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater videogames.

These look amazing. If they could get them up on an actual site for preorder I would totally go for one. I don't want to do some random Singapore seller on Ebay.

1103160146837f3a2ec09ec09a.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAMZjv1UZuU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAMZjv1UZuU[/ame]

I honestly think it only looks ok. I dont see a point in a bandanna coming off if it looks like that underneath and that would be the most interesting part for me so I could customize a Iroquois Pliskin that odds are Hot Toys will not make. I donno the body armor from the earlier one had me willing to buy but this one probably not.

Ha, I said it will come out a few months back on the headplay thread. This is China guys, it's the wild wild west there.

I think it looks great. The HS I think is a fair interpretation of a low ress 3D model. But the clothing and accessories looks fantastic. I think even HT will have trouble topping them in that department.

Only place I think HT will do better is the HS. That said, for the price, it's still a fair piece to tide you over until the HT one arrives sometimes in the next two years.

Yeah 150 for a high quality figure with two outfits, various weapons, cardboard box, and the alligator head is an awesome price.

I think the headsculpt improved from the prototype pics.. or maybe I am just deceived since there are more angles taken for these photos.

I'll have to check with my local retailer to be sure about this. Depending on the price tag, I may get this, as I can't wait for Hot Toys' version (which I will eventually get anyway)! :clap

what's missing from this piece is the shield...they use'd to show it on the proto pictures...now its gone. I do hope I'm mistaken.

I don't like the Head Sculpt, it doesn't look like the prototype at all

118m8mc.jpg

bdu1.jpg

2qip9x4.jpg

bdu2w.jpg

The suit looks pretty good, but I will better wait for the Hot Toys MGS (if they ever release it):impatient:

Last edited:
^Some people on OSW were speculating that Head play may have gotten his hands on the prototype photos from Hot Toys, and used them as a basis for creating his own bootleg head-sculpt. Maybe there is some grounds for that rumor, as there are vast differences between the prototype photos, and the actual product (in fact, the actual head-sculpt looks a lot worse). Not to mention, the matter of Hot Toys threatening Head Play a few months back to remove his photos from the forum.

As for Hot Toys MGS, I wouldn't hold my breath (for now, at least). Hot Toys has too many things going on, and to announce figures for another big franchise might not make the most financial sense. But, that being said, I wonder why Hot Toys held out on MGS but announced figures for everything else...

Back