Inflames & Headplay :Metal Boss - BDU Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more interested in the clothing than anything else, since there's no guarantee HT will give us those uniforms. Head looks mediocre by modern standards IMO. Overall a decent looking figure, but nothing I would pay $150 for.

The lighting is substantially different from the prototype pictures to the finished product ones and the finished product pics are also slightly out of focus. I doubt there's THAT much of a difference.

i much prefer the sculpted bandana. the new cloth one is kind of cool but it doesnt transition as well as the first image of the sculpted one. :(

29110516364905704296910.jpg

I'd love HT to do this

I wonder if its the same sculpt just with factory paint. Though I did prefer the look (especially in the eyes) of the prototype, the mustache is throwing me off now.

This figure is a fail. Judging from the photos, the head-sculpt is way off from the prototype, and it's not just the lighting, it's everything. Not worth the money, in my opinion. Even the Play Arts Kai figures look better than this.

looks neet, and I just broke down my Elvis-painted Solid snake, so i need a new snake, but I think i'll just wait till hot toys gets around to theirs.

anyone knows why it's a big difference between prototype and actual product? Seem like HT is the only company that can get it right.

anyone knows why it's a big difference between prototype and actual product? Seem like HT is the only company that can get it right.

Maybe because the prototype photos weren't owned by Headplay to begin with, hence the reason for why he got into trouble with Hot Toys a few months ago. :dunno It's anyone's guess.

I will buy this only for the gear.. The headsculpt will be posted for sale (good luck on who wants it), and I'll put my Master Kiko Lerma Big Boss sculpt! :clap

I will buy this only for the gear.. The headsculpt will be posted for sale (good luck on who wants it), and I'll put my Master Kiko Lerma Big Boss sculpt! :clap

Yup, the gear is actually pretty good, and it comes with a crocodile hat. It'll save you a lot of trouble of having to kit bash. Although, I hope that you can get it at a cheaper price. $150 USD seems way too much for this.

who photo is it ?

Hot Toys? :dunno Like I said, it's anyone's guess. What's clearly obvious is that headplay isn't capable of producing a quality head-sculpt like the one that was shown in the photos.

Yup, the gear is actually pretty good, and it comes with a crocodile hat. It'll save you a lot of trouble of having to kit bash. Although, I hope that you can get it at a cheaper price. $150 USD seems way too much for this.

True, man.. US$150 is too much. This boxed set should really be in the price range of the Art SAVES Punisher (US$100 or less). :slap

Maybe buying each important part off of eBay, but that'll probably just add up to the price of the boxed set when I'm done. :lol

What I really need are these video game-accurate stuff from that boxed set:

- Harness
- Shoulder Pads
- Sleeves of jumpsuit (or whole jumpsuit) underneath the BDU

:clap

Last edited:
I'm glad I wasn't the only person considering getting this figure just for the gear, but $180 for this guy is way too much.

Last edited:
Back