Infinity Studio: Predator 2 - City Hunter 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're wasting your time asking them about this. You'll just get that standard response. That said, I didn't know that SSC distributed anything by Infinity. But they have got five items listed so I guess there's a chance. If I have the option to buy this via them (using my points up) That might potentially swing my decision in the favor of the Infinity P2 over Prime 1's which I think I do slightly prefer overall...

Points (and/or credit) usage would be the ONLY reason to go to Sideshow these days - well - for ME anyways.

Still thinking that Kagero 1:1 bust might be my exit strategy (but I'll TRY to wait until it's on sale).

Points (and/or credit) usage would be the ONLY reason to go to Sideshow these days - well - for ME anyways.

Still thinking that Kagero 1:1 bust might be my exit strategy (but I'll TRY to wait until it's on sale).

Same, that's why i'm waiting a bit.. I hope they will have it

Same, that's why i'm waiting a bit.. I hope they will have it

They already have it up - just need to hope they get stuck with a few and go the "sale" route. (* or did you mean the IS City Hunter? *)

It's great times for collectors Vince - and it'll be even better to finally brush the Sideshow dust off my feet for good.

So what's the general consensus on this vs Prime 1's version? What's everyone's preference?

If you want to display with the bio, then P1. Unmasked, go with IS. As others have said, I think there is concern on the P1's scale. I may end up getting both, but I think the P1 will be more readily available in the future. They both have top quality production, but I feel like P1's quality has been slipping lately.

So what's the general consensus on this vs Prime 1's version? What's everyone's preference?

Mixed opinions which is to be expected. I think the important thing is that nobody seems to have a bad word to say about either of them. Both could be improved with a few tweaks, but both are really great statues. I'm leaning more towards the Prime 1 version if I have to choose one (I'd love both) But they do need to be more open about the actual scale of it. Plus if they put a large ES on it, it might even be available for a discount in one of their future sales....

Thanks guys. I don't seem to have a preference for one over the other, I like both and there's things on both of them that I like over the other, but I was curious how others felt about them :) I might hold off for a bit and decide later.

I did a little comparison image of the bios. Both could be better for sure with a few tweaks, the "cheek bone" area on both is weak, and that is what gives the real hero mask much of it's shape. But I think it's clear that the Prime 1 version is much closer to the real thing currently. By the way, I'm not trying to knock them, I love both of these statues. I just love the P2 mask and nobody ever seems to really nail it.

CZ7long.jpg

50nEOlx.jpg

So close to pulling the trigger, too much damn time on my hands.

These guys are known for great paint application?
This looks a bit sloppy and worries me...

20200504_203639.jpg

Admittedly this is on a 1:1 Bust (Coolprops), maybe not a fair comparison, but looks so much better...

20200504_203813.jpg

So close to pulling the trigger, too much damn time on my hands. These guys are known for great paint application? . . .

The only thing I've seen someone being sort-of-legitimately critical over was the backdrop on their dragon piece - said it was "cheap looking" (which it was - thin cardboard).

That being said - I'm not a thread-follower for their pieces - it's the franchise that attracts me NOT the producer.

I ordered regardless - because it's so much more impressive to me than the Prime1 version (and we still don't know SCALE or netting-type on THAT).

PLUS - this is such a unique idea / pose.

PS: Ordered mine from Spec Fiction - the other folks were being a bit dubious when I researched them . . .

I still prefer the Prime 1 version, but this is also really good. If I found a deal on it, I'd probably bite....

I personally find the P1 version boring.
Also looks very small, especially with the pose they chose.

Spec Fiction want $280 to post here, plus a hefty 20% ontop of price including shipping.

Every time I'm about to PO this, I end up with a more expensive deposit elsewhere. I hope this sticks around a little bit longer. I also really like the P1, but not taking any chances on scale til we see it in hand I guess.

Back