Infinity Studio: Predator 2 - City Hunter 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries.

Maybe try smoothing out that rough bit yourself?

This thing is SO worth the effort (of course YMMV). We're still over the moon with ours - the pose (for us) SLAUGHTERS what PRIME1 did with theirs.

Good luck whatever decision you make.

I gave it a couple more tries and nothing changed, so I'm done with it. Not worth the effort to try and sand down that area. I shouldn't have to do any work for a $1200+ piece. It's just bad QC on mine. I've decided it will go back. It's a cool piece if displayed at the right angle. The only nit picky thing about the paint is those 3 random white dots in between the eyes. I have the Prime version coming already, so maybe if I don't like that one, I will get another one of these down the road.

You could buy a cheap needle file set and gently shave off the hole (she said).
Cheap 5 buck solution.

You could buy a cheap needle file set and gently shave off the hole (she said).
Cheap 5 buck solution.

Thanks for the suggestion man, but if BBTS will take it back (cut it kind of close to that 30 day return mark), it will go back. I already boxed him back up. I thought I would actually have a house by now to put him in, but I don't, so it's probably just better than I get him again down the road. I think it'll be available for awhile judging by the lack of hype. The Prime one won't eat up as much space at least.

What material is that part made of? I'm assuming it is metal? If it is, one other thing you could try is a bit of WD-40. The heads on my SWS maquette are stupidly tight, I couldn't get them in when I first got it. A little WD-40 saw them slotting in easily.

But yeah, looking at those pictures, that's a rough internal casting, it probably will need sanding flush if the method above doesn't help.

What material is that part made of? I'm assuming it is metal? If it is, one other thing you could try is a bit of WD-40. The heads on my SWS maquette are stupidly tight, I couldn't get them in when I first got it. A little WD-40 saw them slotting in easily.

But yeah, looking at those pictures, that's a rough internal casting, it probably will need sanding flush if the method above doesn't help.

Pretty sure it's just resin man. I think the only metal piece is the rod, but I could be wrong. I don't think WD would've worked because the bottom of the key and peg were rubbing a lot when I pulled it out. So far, I'm the only one that seems to have had any QC issues.

It just sucks cause this thing weighs a ton. I'm hoping the Prime will make me forget about the IS version, but we shall see. The unmasked portrait sculpt is pretty great on this. Didn't care for the Bio sculpt. Paint was good though.

I've only just realised mine came with an extra that no-one else appears to have . . . real bonus considering I'm a lifelong Motorhead fan
bgrin.gif

image.png

This was the vid I found particularly useful - you can sort of see the slot at 6mins in.

8:35 is where he pushes his together - you can see how TIGHT the fit is from the effort he puts in.

This guy has an amazing collection, thanks for posting this link.

BTW after watching his unboxing, I think I need this in my collection now!

Well that NICELY confirms the PRIME1 piece is 1:4 scale (and saves me juggling MY copies to take a side-by-side when the PRIME1 box arrives).

Also shows that the PRIME1 bio is more accurate (at least from the side) than the Infinity Studios piece - which is PERFECT - because I wanted to display the PRIME1 masked (so it "sort of" fits in with the movie scene).

Thanks Shoo - you rule!

Nice to finally see them side by side. It's also really nice to see the scales pretty much match up. Makes you wonder why Prime 1 outright ignored those questions. I still prefer the Prime 1 version over all in most areas tbh, I think the unmasked head is the exception. But both are great.

Back