Indy IV Negative Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only during the wedding sequence. It would have made ZERO sense for Sallah to be galavanting across the Americas.

The Mac character was a wasted opportunity and not designed/written well, imho.

I really didn't enjoy Ray Winstone in this movie-- and that's a shame as his performance in SEXY BEAST along with Sir Ben Kingsley is one of my all-time favourites.

Yes. I must read Indiana Jones and The City of Gods.

Someday...

Frank did get shared Story credit so much of his take on it remained in the film. I think many Indy fans would love a chance to read his Script.

Let's hope it's posted soon. I believe it will eventually become available.

Saucermen from Mars handled the wedding scenes so much better. In fact, it's a damn good read.

I didn't mind the aliens at all, although I felt it got a bit mixed up with the extra-dimensional beings thing - basically because Lucas wanted aliens and Spielberg wanted the suggestion of something else. So we ended up with both! I would have liked it to be one or the other, preferably the 'other dimension' thing, as that's more original.

My biggest ever Indy disappointment is that Kali didn't appear at the end of Temple of Doom!

I'd give a lot to read the Frank Darabont draft - I hope he sticks it online soon.

Jeb Stuart is one of the Best Story Architects in the biz IMO. I've mentioned this before but his Draft was the very first and it must have been an incredible challenge trying to satisfy three different takes on one project and putting it on paper.

For those who are Jeb Stuart fans, he is BACK! He is currently Directing "Blood Done, Sign My name" in North Carolina. It is an adaption from a critically acclaimed Book written by Tim Tyson. Jeb Wrote the script and will wrap shooting it in late June.

You can look it up on IMDB if interested.

Last edited:
Frank did get shared Story credit so much of his take on it remained in the film. I think many Indy fans would love a chance to read his Script.

This is twice that you've said that, but it's not the case. It went to arbitration and Darabont did not receive any official credit on the film whatsoever. The shared story credit went to Lucas and Jeff Nathanson (who wrote the drafts between Darabont's and Koepp's). Darabont doesn't even have story credit on IMDB. :monkey2

I do agree that a lot of Darabont's stuff is still in the final version, and he probably should have gotten story credit... but he didn't.

I stand corrected!

His name was on IMDB with Story Credit just a few days ago. I think I saw it listed as late as Friday. The first time I said that I'm pretty sure his name was still listed as Story by on IMDB. It has since been updated.

My mistake. :D

Last edited:
Well, it's only technically a mistake... because we both know he should have received proper story credit. :lecture

Thanks for stopping by. Say hello to your friends at the Aint It Cool Talkbacks for us.

Wow, for someone who seems to have liked the movie, you sure have a lot of posts in this thread. Odd, since I thought this was the negative thread.

Bitter much? Much too much...

The Mac character was a wasted opportunity and not designed/written well, imho.

I totally agree. Both Mac and the Oxley character were a waste. They really had nothing to do in the last hour. What was their purpose to the move the story along? Mac's back and forth really added nothing to the story. Oxley's only contribution was when he solved the question of how to cause the tower to open up and then drop the group into the cave below. Couldn't Indy or even Mutt have figured this out?

I've seen this flick twice now. The first time I left disappointed. The second time I was able to move past what I didn't like about the movie and just enjoy seeing Indiana Jones on the big screen maybe one last time. I know it's more about nostalgia than quality but I'll happily go back again.

Wow, for someone who seems to have liked the movie, you sure have a lot of posts in this thread. Odd, since I thought this was the negative thread.

Bitter much? Much too much...

Uh oh, here we go again...

Maybe Irish is stalking you because he knows that you're "in reality" a beautiful beach babe who longs for the sand and surf.:rolleyes:

Maybe.

:gun:D:naughty

You liked Marion but didn't like Mutt or the inclusion of The Ark? You are a Taste Terrorist.

By the way, your hatred for LeBeouf is officially :rolleyes:

Its not a hatred for Lebeourjf, I just don't get him. He's a good actor, but why is he so wanted right now? I don't get it. (Funny thing is I would LOVE to see him as Luke in an ANH remake. He fits the whiny underage jedi role perfectly. :lol)

Marion was great to see again and IMO should have been included in another Indy flick before now. The Ark was cool but DID NOT need such an obvious zoom in. Why not just have it sitting off to the side or in the background?

I hated...

......that Marion wasn't featured more. Karen Allen is still hot! INDY ROCKS!!!!

I didn't think there was much point to Mac. He could easily have been completely written out, or at the least, killed in the opening sequence like Wu Han. Oxley, I'm on the fence about. I felt there were too many sidekicks and not enough villains. They could have done with one more villain, preferably a creepy Toht-like KGB agent.

So what happened to Spalko at the end? Was she destroyed or taken back to the other dimension by the alien? I would like to think the latter, as its way creepier than just a quick death.

I think the Aliens fit w/the previous ideas as they were worshiped or at least seen as Gods. Whose to say definitively what God or a higher being would be. So here they kept the same idea (a religious relic) however the explanation they got was extraterrestrial/dimensional in nature.

Indy even says the same thing when Mutt is like thats not what God looks like. So in this case we have Aliens being supposedly gods and I've seen this talked about on Discovery/History Channel stuff.

I like Hellboy just fine (and I'm looking forward to the movie and think it'll be better than the first one). But, to me, Hellboy is no Star Wars, Indy, Batman or even Iron Man.

I agree. But people without open minds tend to struggle with this kind of thing.

That is very true. I mean it does make you wonder how some of these cultures where able to do so much so early and then nothing again till we came around.

Back