Indy IV Negative Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you talking about the UFO shot? I honestly can't understand why people would even hate that at all. :huh IMHO, it was one of the coolest shots in all of the Indy movies even the first time I saw it. I love the hell out of it. Oh well.

Yep that's the one. I can't really explain. Well let me try. I am sure that you have seen the first concept drawing of what Indy was to look like. The one with a cig in his mouth. Now add a UFO to the background of that drawing. It just doesn't fit to me. Not that the scene has anything to do with that concept art. I am just trying to explain the same feeling. At least how I feel. It just doesn't fit. I would rather have not seen that shot and had them just warp away or something.

Well, they did "warp" into another dimension... we just got to see the saucer first. :rock

And of course the UFO wouldn't fit in the original RAIDERS concept art (or even the original movies themselves). Those were 30s Republic Serials. This is a 1957 saucer movie.

That's because I can replace bitterness and cynicism with relativity and rationality. :lecture

I can honestly say that the negatives DO NOT outweigh the positives. Not at all. To say otherwise I would have to engage in hyperbole, and I just don't play that game anymore. It's tired and futile.

I gotta be honest Irish, You seem to be the most bitter person here. I mean because people did not like the film they are Bitter and Cynics??

And just to state again. The Negatives to outweigh the posaitives in you own review 6 - 4.

Plus you gave me a hard time about saying that I could not understand how people liked KOTCS yet you state
Are you talking about the UFO shot? I honestly can't understand why people would even hate that at all.

I have also watched you tell someone
Your wrong
for having a certain opinion of this film.

Also you
Don't care what people think

Yet you continue to post here in the anti Indy thread.

Relativity and rationality????

My Ass

Last edited:
And just to state again. The Negatives to outweigh the posaitives in you own review 6 - 4.

You mean they out-number the positives that I noted. Not at all the same thing as out-weighing, though I appreciate your efforts. :lol

Just saw it yesterday and the two things I disliked the most about it were Tarzan boy Mutt and the whole pull Indy out of the sand with a snake bit.:rolleyes:

I gotta be honest Irish, You seem to be the most bitter person here.

:lol I'm not bitter at all. I just won't suffer a certain online contingent anymore (i.e. The Talkback Crowd). If they came out today, you guys would skewer almost all of the films we grew up on, including many that are the reason most of us are here. And I'm the bitter one? :lol

I mean because people did not like the film they are Bitter and Cynics??

Not at all. But when people resort to hyperbole and irrational diatribes to express said dislike, yeah, I gotta assume they're being cynical. Sorry.

JAWS, you should just embrace your negativity instead of trying to claim it doesn't exist. Then we can get back on to debating and discussing the movie. :lol

You mean they out-number the positives that I noted. Not at all the same thing as out-weighing, though I appreciate your efforts. :lol

Hmmmmmm. I guess you really can't defend you own review. I just wanted to point out how even your own review was pretty negative. an how I would not have guessed the score till I got to it. (hell you hated almost a quarter of the film and could not stand one of the main characters) You now state that the positive outweigh the negative. Fine as I stated I have no doubt that you enjoyed this film.

My point now is, that you seem to be the only bitter one here. I just wanted to challange some of your points but clearly you are not up to the challenge. You will just chalk up my differences in opinion to bitterness and cynicism.

Oh and ROTLA had no warts. TOD had Some. TLC hade quite a few and KOTCS was covered.

JAWS, you should just embrace your negativity instead of trying to claim it doesn't exist. Then we can get back on to debating and discussing the movie. :lol

I guess I shouldnt be so negative about crap fest like the mummy movies and showgirls. Wow I can like all movies now!

Thanks Irish!!

Hmmmmmm. I guess you really can't defend you own review. I just wanted to point out how even your own review was pretty negative. an how I would not have guessed the score till I got to it. (hell you hated almost a quarter of the film and could not stand one of the main characters) You now state that the positive outweigh the negative. Fine as I stated I have no doubt that you enjoyed this film.

Would you please read my review again before you try to put words in my mouth and thoughts into my head? Jesus.

First off, I don't have to "defend" anything. It's all there to read.

And I "hated almost a quarter of the film"??? Hah. For starters, I don't really HATE any of it. There are certain elements, scenes, lines, etc. that I don't like and bug the hell out of me. But there is nothing that made me want to run for theater exits, like some people have claimed they wanted to do. Are there things about it I don't like? Absolutely. I can live without that 20-minute protracted Jungle Chase scene, sure. But that doesn't mean I can't live WITH it either. It is what it is. And there is a ton of stuff in TOD and TLC that I can live without too, but like KOTCS I just accept them for what they are. If you can't do the same, that's on you. But please stop some silly attempt to corner me in my own opinion. Likes and Dislikes do not have to be 1:1. My review was thorough and HONEST and if you have a different interpretation in how I got to my lukewarm score then I can't help you.

I guess I shouldnt be so negative about crap fest like the mummy movies and showgirls. Wow I can like all movies now!

Thanks Irish!!
Yeah, because KOTCS is on par with "Showgirls" and the Sommers Mummy flicks, right? :lol

Would you please read my review again before you try to put words in my mouth and thoughts into my head? Jesus.

First off, I don't have to "defend" anything. It's all there to read.

And I "hated almost a quarter of the film"??? Hah. For starters, I don't really HATE any of it. There are certain elements, scenes, lines, etc. that I don't like and bug the hell out of me. But there is nothing that made me want to run for theater exits, like some people have claimed they wanted to do. Are there things about it I don't like? Absolutely. I can live without that 20-minute protracted Jungle Chase scene, sure. But that doesn't mean I can't live WITH it either. It is what it is. And there is a ton of stuff in TOD and TLC that I can live without too, but like KOTCS I just accept them for what they are. If you can't do the same, that's on you. But please stop some silly attempt to corner me in my own opinion. Likes and Dislikes do not have to be 1:1. My review was thorough and HONEST and if you have a different interpretation in how I got to my lukewarm score then I can't help you.

Yeah, because KOTCS is on par with "Showgirls" and the Sommers Mummy flicks, right? :lol

Showgirls - No. The Mummy movies - Yes. And my point is that you are chalking up my dislike of Indy 4 to just being negative. Like if I was all happy an positive I would have liked the film. If that was the case then as long as I am positive about a movie then I should enjoy it.

Well I was positive about Indy 4 going in and I even gave it a second chance. But guess what? It still Stunk IMO.

AND

I was only pointing out my surprise of you score. Perhaps I should not have used the word hated but
20 minutes of wasted movie
and
Marion. Ugh
seemed pretty hateful. But thats what happens when reading the written word and not actually discussing it face to face. So - My bad.

But calling people Negative and cynical because they did not enjoy the film is just as bad as calling someone silly or childlike for enjoying it.

Irish, you do need to change your sigpic though.

Iron Man kicked ass. Dark Knight will kick even it's ass. But Indy, did everything but kick ass. It was a ok flick.

I think making a positive thread is equally as much a ****** move as this. :dunno
That's what I thought, and so I rated that sorry thread. And boy, Josh was not amused!! :D

I think it's so lame to have positive/negative threads about the same subject, no matter how strong people feel about that subject. If you can't take a different opinion, there's something wrong with you. And in the end, you're only cheating yourself out of information. Yes, it is annoying to deal with childish behavior, unfounded arguments and personal attacks. But if you belive that making separate threads is going to stop that, you're wrong. Some guys over here may have a limited horizon, but it is not going to get any wider in "positive/negative-only" threads. Stop this nonsense! What goes around, comes around, better think of that when you are ready to make your next misplaced comment.

And.... If you really can't take someone's ^^^^, act like a real man and use the "ignore" button! :rotfl:rotfl

Back