Indy IV Negative Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The refrigerator: Between this and Iron Man there have been a lot of scenes that should have killed the protagonist (like when Tony was testing the boot jets and wanged his head). I mentioned IM because that movie does some of the same things and is universally acclaimed.

That's an excellent point, and I completely understand why you made the comparison. My only counterpoint to that would be that Iron Man is a comic book superhero movie, which gives it a different set of rules by which to operate. Indy, on the other hand, is more grounded in reality, making such stretches of plausibility harder to swallow.

But I did have the same thoughts too when Tony slammed into the wall in IM.

Indy, on the other hand, is more grounded in reality,

What Indy movies have you seen? The Indy movies I've seen involved ghosts flying out of gold-plated boxes to melt Nazis, monkey spies, magic rocks, mind control, still beating hearts starting on fire in somebody's hand, and magic cups that make you live forever. :confused:

What Indy movies have you seen? The Indy movies I've seen involved ghosts flying out of gold-plated boxes to melt Nazis, monkey spies, magic rocks, mind control, still beating hearts starting on fire in somebody's hand, and magic cups that make you live forever. :confused:

Same Indy movies I saw too. Always one foot in reality, the other somewhere else. Was always something I loved about the Indy films. You didn't have to overthink them, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Same Indy movies I saw too. Always one foot in reality, the other somewhere else. Was always something I loved about the Indy films. You didn't have to overthink them, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Totally agree! The refrigerator was a bit much... but attempting to jump out of a plane with a life raft will result in you being just as dead (thank you mythbusters). And last I checked if you rip a guys heart out of his chest he will not continue to live :lol

Yep, its always the ones who are let down or angry about a movie that get pissy. understandable, but still obnoxious. Although I find it funny that Indy is getting all these threads yet Transformers seemed to be generally loved and adored :lol

Ah the sweet irony of life. :lol

the problem is this thread was not created honestly. It was created with the sole intention to start crap.

That was my main ^^^^^ing point about this thread. Keith had no other reason to start this other than to start ^^^^ and poke fun. Lame and childish all at once.

I think the "Positive" thread was started by and for those who honestly enjoyed the movie and just wanted to share their enthusiasm with others who felt the same, and the existing thread was a more polarizing environment. I can understand people wanting to just enjoy the experience and be positive about the fun time they had at the movies without feeling like they had to defend their position and justify their enjoyment of the film.

That's why I was glad he started it. Not that I can't talk pro and con but I felt like the more I talked about liking it the more I was gonna have to defend everything I liked.

Just wait until Clone Wars comes out... I'm sure this will repeat. Same with The Dark Knight. :lol

I think I just might stay out of those threads. :lol

That this film failed the suspension of disbelief I think is being disingenous about the other films. There's just as much impossible stuff in the other films.

That this film failed the suspension of disbelief I think is being disingenuous about the other films. There's just as much impossible stuff in the other films.

Totally agree. You have to be able to suspend reality just a little with these. As has been pointed out by others the things Indy runs into all have stuff happening that unless they ARE found just might be FICTION. :lol

Totally agree. You have to be able to suspend reality just a little with these. As has been pointed out by others the things Indy runs into all have stuff happening that unless they ARE found just might be FICTION. :lol

And thats why we go to movies like this... if everything was in win the realm of possibility they'd suck. Its action and adventure, not non-fiction :lol :banghead

And thats why we go to movies like this... if everything was in win the realm of possibility they'd suck. Its action and adventure, not non-fiction :lol :banghead

Exactly! We go to the movies to get away from whats real or at least I do. :lol If you want non-fiction go check your local library. :whip

yes i was joking a little. i would see the movie again..it was good to see the character on the screen again and alot of stuff i want to say has been pointed out. they just tried to cram missing 18yrs of the man the myth ,the legend into one movie. the magic was not completely all there. he had to many side kicks. the one guy was just a replacement for the character of sallah.
i think towards the end they rushed scenes. especially discovering he was a father..like the audience didn't already know...
the one thing that was not mentioned by anyone, is you know when the steps started to disappear and they had to run fast down them. not to fall. how did the russians get down there so fast. also if indy went down the water falls. did the russians too..

I would put "Refrigerator Survives Atomic Bomb" and "Jeep Lands in a Tree" proudly alongside "Mine Car Successfully Jumps the Gap" and "Life Raft Falls from the Airplane" and "Venetian Boat Doesn't Tilt or Sink While Being Chopped to Pieces."

But in a separate category than "Indy Threatens to Blow Up the Ark With a Bazooka Six Years Prior to the Invention of the Bazooka."

And exactly how much did that water cistern in Temple of Doom hold, anyway?

Man, this thread's been hijacked by the happyslappers.

C'MON GUYS! NEGATIVITY, remember? :D

I just can't be negative about this film, I can only be (very) critical. I like seeing Harrison Ford back as Indiana Jones too much. Everything else in the film, meh, but Ford was worth the admission price. I would have changed everythng else about the film after the opening sequence.

One gripe I do have is that the credits and 'Hound Dog' got me really pumped for it...but the rest of the film just wasn't as freewheeling and rock and roll as the opening seemed to suggest it might be. It was kind of old and creaky - the direction I mean. Harrison Ford wasn't!

Ok, I saw the film. Since this is the active thread I'll post here.

Goods: Marion, Indy

Bads: LaBeeouf, Tarzan, Tree Cutter thing, Aliens, Wedding, Flying ship, First 30 minutes (my wife fell asleep), Ark cameo

I think this movie just proved that I am really not an Indy fan. I've seen the first 3 probably 20 times each but they are just fun films to watch. This is proven by when I was a kid and there was a stack of Kenner Indy stuff on clearance that I went for other toys instead.

Last Crusade is still the best film of the 4.

Also, I will not go see another Indy in the theater. I'll download/Bluray 5 + 6.

You said something?

Nope.

tl-attention_seeker_shirt.jpg

Back