Indy IV Negative Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the problem: You do not mix flying saucers and Indy. What is this, the X-Files?
You can have the "chariots of the gods" theme all you want but don't show a freaking flying saucer taking off with Indy in the foreground! Granted, this movie had great scenes, and as a Indy loyalist I'll get it when it comes to DVD, I was very disappointed with the experience.

I guess every Lucas series needs an "Attack of the Clones". This was Indy's.

Here's the problem: You do not mix flying saucers and Indy. What is this, the X-Files?
You can have the "chariots of the gods" theme all you want but don't show a freaking flying saucer taking off with Indy in the foreground! Granted, this movie had great scenes, and as a Indy loyalist I'll get it when it comes to DVD, I was very disappointed with the experience.

I think that's what did it for me. Maybe I can get over it. I liked the movie and thought it was just ok. I think if I wasn't so active in the conspiracy thread I would have liked it better. :dunno :lol

The bigger ****** baggery thing is when people make fun of those who damage expensive collectibles. DA, I think you rule and all, but it's silly to get bent out of shape over a hate of a movie.. btw Haven't seen it yet. Hope it's good! :)

To me, my frustration stems from those who have to knock a guy when he's down. See the Marvel forum for yourself to see what I mean.

Actually the only person I find out of place and dont care at all for his repetitive and lame comments in the Marvel section is you.

You can have the "chariots of the gods" theme all you want but don't show a freaking flying saucer taking off with Indy in the foreground!

Thanks for stopping by. Say hello to your friends at the Aint It Cool Talkbacks for us.

You can't mix flying sacuers with Indy? I must have missed that one. Now, its not my #1 choice but overall it came out pretty good.

I am happily and thankfully out-of-touch with the fanboy crowd now as the whole alien/UFO/Roswell/Area 51/Cariots of The Gods element is easily one of my favorite things about the movie... and it was even upon my initial disappointed viewing.

You can't mix flying sacuers with Indy? I must have missed that one. Now, its not my #1 choice but overall it came out pretty good.

You obviously can because they did. It was just a little out of this world for me. It is easier for me to believe in the whole religious implications in the prior films than the aliens. I don't know why. I think if they kept the 13 aliens in the room and didn't bring one back to life and the space ship never took off it would have been easier for me. I know that people argue about the arc and the knight being around for like ever is out there as well. But that is just more Indy to me that outer space. I can't explain it nor do I feel that either side is right. You either think it fits or it doesn't. When I think Indy I think old relics and hokey religions. Not UFO's.

I think the Aliens fit w/the previous ideas as they were worshiped or at least seen as Gods. Whose to say definitively what God or a higher being would be. So here they kept the same idea (a religious relic) however the explanation they got was extraterrestrial/dimensional in nature.

I am happily and thankfully out-of-touch with the fanboy crowd now as the whole alien/UFO/Roswell/Area 51/Cariots of The Gods element is easily one of my favorite things about the movie... and it was even upon my initial disappointed viewing.

That makes two of us... I enjoyed the movie--but while this is the "negative thread":gun:rolleyes: I'll post a couple of things that I didn't enthusiastically leap with joy over...

- the overabundance of CGI in the last third of the movie

:whip Done.

Dislikes:
Overuse of CGI,
Actually showing the alien,
Lack of cameos at the wedding,
Script could have been better.

I tend to agree with these. And when the door opened in the church at the wedding I was half-expecting a grown up Short Round to appear.

Kate Capshaw's Willie Scott, the famous female American vocalist (insert Dan Ackroyd's voice here), singing them down the aisle.:banana

Saucermen from Mars handled the wedding scenes so much better. In fact, it's a damn good read.

I didn't mind the aliens at all, although I felt it got a bit mixed up with the extra-dimensional beings thing - basically because Lucas wanted aliens and Spielberg wanted the suggestion of something else. So we ended up with both! I would have liked it to be one or the other, preferably the 'other dimension' thing, as that's more original.

My biggest ever Indy disappointment is that Kali didn't appear at the end of Temple of Doom!

I'd give a lot to read the Frank Darabont draft - I hope he sticks it online soon.

Agreed John Rhys Davies should have been in this one for sure.:confused:

Only during the wedding sequence. It would have made ZERO sense for Sallah to be galavanting across the Americas.

The Mac character was a wasted opportunity and not designed/written well, imho.

Back