Indy IV Negative Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too me its just more evidence that people are too whiney... they can't even have differing opinions on a movie anymore!?!

What if we were chosen to make a decision about whether we should welcome with open arms or use are nuclear capabilities against a fleet of alien ships. I think the world would be ^^^^ed :lecture

I don't see any harm in having 4 seperate threads about opinions on the film. Obviously some people feel very strongly about it. And I guess it's nice to be able to post in a thread where you agree with most of the posters.

Pretty much what I said D. Sounds reasonable to me.

This cracks me up. :lol Anyone hear of free speech? It's written in the constitution. It means anyone has the right to say whatever TF they want but in doing so must deal with the consequences...

I think it's clear at least 30% of the Audience had problems with this film and if a thread is created to feel more comfortable discussing it, so be it.

I wouldn't call it an Indy Negative thread though, maybe an "I didn't like Indy" thread.

If you don't like the content, change the channel.

Anyway, have fun kids. :lol

In the words of Cusack to Piven in "Say Anything"...

"YOU. MUST. CHILL!!!" :lol

Last edited:
I think the "Positive" thread was started by and for those who honestly enjoyed the movie and just wanted to share their enthusiasm with others who felt the same, and the existing thread was a more polarizing environment. I can understand people wanting to just enjoy the experience and be positive about the fun time they had at the movies without feeling like they had to defend their position and justify their enjoyment of the film.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Nail on the head, Tom.

Hmmm... I guess I can see that then. Although I have a feeling if this catches on the SW forum is gonna become a hard one to navigate :lol

I don't see any harm in having 4 seperate threads about opinions on the film. Obviously some people feel very strongly about it. And I guess it's nice to be able to post in a thread where you agree with most of the posters.

Wow that is very progressive Dave, no mighty ban hammer yet?

Hmmm... I guess I can see that then. Although I have a feeling if this catches on the SW forum is gonna become a hard one to navigate :lol

Hasn't that already begun? I am just glad there is another forum just as entertaining/interesting as the SW forum.

What about a scene where Chewbacca swings on a vine along with some Ewoks? At least Mutt didn't utter the Tarzan sound that Chewie did.

Yeah...:lol

If that had happened, my eyes might have rolled right out of my head. :rotfl

Or my face would have pulled a Toht and just melted right off as I screamed.

I only have two (minor) negative thoughts from an otherwise awesome movie:

1) There seemed to be a few too many references to the period. Maybe it was just me getting used to seeing Indy in a new period, but I felt period references were out of control.

2) Marion's never ending ^^^^-eating grin bugged the hell out of me. Why did she have such a big smile in so many life-threatening situations?

And that's the only hate you'll get from me.

2) Marion's never ending ^^^^-eating grin bugged the hell out of me. Why did she have such a big smile in so many life-threatening situations?

Because Karen Allen finally had a big acting job again!!!

While I saw and disliked it in two back-to-back viewings, the more I think about, the more I'm warming up to it a little bit.

But here goes with my gripes...

1) The refrigerator - I'm no physicist, but it seems to me that there is NO F'N WAY Indy survived that without a scratch. First of all, there was no padding in there, so he would've been pulverized from the impacts. And if that wasn't unrealistic enough, someone needs to explain to me how Indy wasn't immediately incinerated. Yes, the lead could shield him from the radiation, but wouldn't the lead have become superheated from the heat of the blast????

2) The waterfalls - Not only did they survive unscatched after falling down three massive falls, but they managed to stay either in the craft or just next to it?!?!?!

Seriously, all of the Indy films so far have had stunts that don't require too much of a suspension of disbelief, but that scene was too farfetched!!!

3) The CGI - Absolutely terrible in parts!!! When Mutt and Spalko dueled between vehicles, you could actually see their bodies change shape when the transition to CGI models occurred.

4) Characterization - Yes, this is an older Indy, and I think that angle was played up appropriately. But once Indy and Marion reunited, there were scenes that were completely out-of-character. Both acted like schoolchildren, something that they didn't even do in "Raiders". Marion acted as though she was on too many happy pills, and the spunkiness of "Raiders" Marion was gone. And what was up with Indy's diatribe on quicksand??!! Not only was it done in a really strange voice, but Indy NEVER lectured about something so inconsequential.

the problem is this thread was not created honestly. It was created with the sole intention to start crap.

But since it's here, if you want to make mountains out of prairie dog hills... knock yourselves out.

:lol:lol:lol Very true Irish..I have yet to see it myself. But, without assuming too much, I think I will enjoy it immensely. I just feel sorry for those who must nitpick EVERY detail about what really is, a good 'ol fashion action adventure movie.

But, as always, everyone has their opinion. The world would be a boring place if we all thought the same..:D

The main criticism I have with the plot/story was that when Indy was doing his stuff as an archaeologist, they kept having to say, "Someone has been here already!" The skull, the graveyard, the entrance to the lost city, basically everything that led up to the spiral staircase had already been done by Oxley. So that took a little something away from the adventure--the feeling that while it was new to us and Indy, somebody had still been there first. They were just following in Oxley's footsteps. You didn't get the sense that Indy as an archaeologist was entering a place for the first time in hundreds of years until the very end.

You didn't get the sense that Indy as an archaeologist was entering a place for the first time in hundreds of years until the very end.

Maybe not, but he was giddy as a schoolboy when he found the skull. I loved that sense of wonder.

loved the movie. I only had a few complaints:

The vines: It just seemed unnecessary.

The refrigerator: Between this and Iron Man there have been a lot of scenes that should have killed the protagonist (like when Tony was testing the boot jets and wanged his head). I mentioned IM because that movie does some of the same things and is universally acclaimed.

The waterfalls: same as the fridge.

Other than these, it was a fun movie and was worth the price of admission no matter what people say.

Back