Indy IV Negative Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bigger ****** baggery thing is when people make fun of those who damage expensive collectibles. DA, I think you rule and all, but it's silly to get bent out of shape over a hate of a movie.. btw Haven't seen it yet. Hope it's good! :)

To me, my frustration stems from those who have to knock a guy when he's down. See the Marvel forum for yourself to see what I mean.

OK I finally got the chance to go see it and I don't see what all the hubbub is about? I liked it. As a life long Indy fan I went into it expecting an Indy movie and that's what I got. I think anyone with any common sense knew that it wasn't gonna be Raiders and Ford isn't 37 anymore so those changes were a given going in. If anything negative I agree the MaGuffin in this one was weak and the sci fi aspect was also not a fav. The fact that I always viewed the Indy films and stunts actually possible and survivable, except some in Temple and alot in this one. It was definately an Indy film, and the search for the film was actually a search for what Indy had recently lost and found again at the end, not the skull. I liked it and as I rewatch it I think I'll come to love it like the others. Everyone seems to be concentrating on what was wrong in the movie instead of so much of what was done right.

It was definately an Indy film, and the search for the film was actually a search for what Indy had recently lost and found again at the end, not the skull.

Yes, the scene with Jim Broadbent where Indy says that he has reached the point where life stops giving and starts taking away sets up the real heart of the story for me. He has lost his family (Brody, his dad) and now his job and credibility, and through the course of the film is reunited and connected to a new family.

I really wish that after the wedding, the camera had panned up to the balcony of the church, where the blue Force Ghosts of Abner Ravenwood, Henry, Sr. and Marcus Brody are smiling and waving.

OK I finally got the chance to go see it and I don't see what all the hubbub is about? I liked it. As a life long Indy fan I went into it expecting an Indy movie and that's what I got. I think anyone with any common sense knew that it wasn't gonna be Raiders and Ford isn't 37 anymore so those changes were a given going in. If anything negative I agree the MaGuffin in this one was weak and the sci fi aspect was also not a fav. The fact that I always viewed the Indy films and stunts actually possible and survivable, except some in Temple and alot in this one. It was definately an Indy film, and the search for the film was actually a search for what Indy had recently lost and found again at the end, not the skull. I liked it and as I rewatch it I think I'll come to love it like the others. Everyone seems to be concentrating on what was wrong in the movie instead of so much of what was done right.

Excellent points!

The movie is so much about Indy coming to a rather dreary point of his life, having lost so many of his loved ones, and then regaining his youthfulness and vigor.

Really well put, Murderofcrows!

But okay, this is the negative thread. I have to say something negative.

This was the first Indy movie since 1989. How dare you, Spielberg! Ford isn't going to be around forever, you know!

The bigger ****** baggery thing is when people make fun of those who damage expensive collectibles. DA, I think you rule and all, but it's silly to get bent out of shape over a hate of a movie.. btw Haven't seen it yet. Hope it's good! :)

To me, my frustration stems from those who have to knock a guy when he's down. See the Marvel forum for yourself to see what I mean.

:rolleyes: Well... OK.

My only point is when people were discussing why they didn't like it they were immediatly jumped on by the usual fanboys. Why feel the need to argue with them? If they didn't like it then so what? They gave their opinion that they certainly are entiltled to. Do you see the double standard? It doesn't matter I am out to hang with friends and family for the day. I just made this thread to prove a point which it actually has just by seeing the people that posted in it. :lol

Actually from just skimming the threads - it seems those that hate it are bagging on those that like it far more than the other way around.

Actually from just skimming the threads - it seems those that hate it are bagging on those that like it far more than the other way around.

Isn't that always the case, though? Negativity is bred from cynicism... and that is always more vitriolic and aggressive.

Yep, its always the ones who are let down or angry about a movie that get pissy. understandable, but still obnoxious. Although I find it funny that Indy is getting all these threads yet Transformers seemed to be generally loved and adored :lol

I don't see what the big deal is about this thread...If you don't like the thread, don't read the thread...If you agree that you didn't like Indy IV...Then post away.

Yep, its always the ones who are let down or angry about a movie that get pissy. understandable, but still obnoxious. Although I find it funny that Indy is getting all these threads yet Transformers seemed to be generally loved and adored :lol

Excellent point - although I enjoyed Transformers far, far more than I ever possibly expected to.

But since this is the negative thread - that vine swinging - what was up with that? That's just not possible. All the other stuff in the movie, the refrigerator, the aliens, the waterfalls, the gophers - all fine - but the vines? Come on!

The fridge? Really?? Really? Where is Dusty when you need her? 3 waterfalls? Really?? Soon as I saw that scene first thing that came to mind was the redundant "there's always a bigger fish" scene from The Phantom Menace.

I don't see what the big deal is about this thread...If you don't like the thread, don't read the thread...If you agree that you didn't like Indy IV...Then post away.

the problem is this thread was not created honestly. It was created with the sole intention to start crap.

But since it's here, if you want to make mountains out of prairie dog hills... knock yourselves out.

the problem is this thread was not created honestly. It was created with the sole intention to start crap.

But since it's here, if you want to make mountains out of prairie dog hills... knock yourselves out.

That's why I got upset too, it wasn't about people having opinions. It was just to knock those who did like it. And as Dave said, it's been a lot more of the "I don't like it" people going after the ones that did than the other way around.

I just think it's sad how bad this has all gotten.

I went in with no expectations and no spoilers.I saw a new (maybe not improved)Indy movie so I'm happy.

I assumed the positive and negative thread were a silly nod to the GI Joe dramafest... but maybe not. I really hope we don't have to have a separate thread everytime people disagree about a property. I don't think the servers (or whatever magic makes this place run) would be able to take that :lol

I don't see any harm in having 4 seperate threads about opinions on the film. Obviously some people feel very strongly about it. And I guess it's nice to be able to post in a thread where you agree with most of the posters.

I assumed the positive and negative thread were a silly nod to the GI Joe dramafest... but maybe not. I really hope we don't have to have a separate thread everytime people disagree about a property. I don't think the servers (or whatever magic makes this place run) would be able to take that :lol

I think the "Positive" thread was started by and for those who honestly enjoyed the movie and just wanted to share their enthusiasm with others who felt the same, and the existing thread was a more polarizing environment. I can understand people wanting to just enjoy the experience and be positive about the fun time they had at the movies without feeling like they had to defend their position and justify their enjoyment of the film.

Back