Indy 5 on the way?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pinching out another Indiana Jones movie is just forced and only proves that Lucas is trying to cash-out on his 'other' franchise.

There's no need for another one, there's no compelling story that 'gripped' the creators and had to be told, and they certainly didn't create Indiana Jones with this destiny in mind.

I would be up for watching an animated movie like the Star Wars Clone wars cartoon.

I'm not into the overly exaggerated character looks of that show but the general idea is good. Would allow them to tell stories (for example) 5 years BEFORE Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I always thought this would make a great Cartoon Network series, paired up with Clone Wars.

Read somewhere that Harrison Ford doesn't really want any other versions of Indiana Jones out there since he feels ownership with the character. Unlike Star Wars, he has as much say as Lucas and Spielberg.

I just watched Morning Glory with my wife and boy...it's hard to watch Harrison Ford as an old man. I mean he doesn't really even act, he just barks at people. Movie was decent, and yes that Rachel McAdams' ass is fantastic. It's like Nicholson, Ford, DeNiro, and Pacino just phone it in. Almost as if they're now parodies of themselves. Still think he did a great job in KOTCS. :dunno

Pinching out another Indiana Jones movie is just forced and only proves that Lucas is trying to cash-out on his 'other' franchise.

There's no need for another one, there's no compelling story that 'gripped' the creators and had to be told, and they certainly didn't create Indiana Jones with this destiny in mind.

:lecture I'm with you on this one. For as much as I love Indiana Jones, there really is no need for another one considering where everybody is in their careers and filming schedules. Time is not their friend on another film. They should just leave well enough alone.

I agree. For Indy movies there was nothing lacking in the filmmaking technology available in 1980, 83, and 88 when the first three Indy films were made.

The "magic" was already starting to fade in The Last Crusade. Let the series and character rest. Not to say that Old Man Indy adventures couldn't be cool, but I don't think the spark is still there for Lucas, Spielberg, and Ford.

I was let down with crystal skull, when i saw it at the cinema i thought it was on par with Temple, but know i dont, i think its the least best one out of the four. I really wanted them to get connery back but he didnt want to come back, I didnt like how they did his son, i always thought he's be like a young Indy like a young river phoenix And they should have had Saller back such a great charecter but they left him out.

Harrison is 70 this year, so he's going to be in his 70's when Indy 5 comes out. I love Indy so I still really want to see Indy 5 but I really hope it is Great like Last Crusade was. Get Saller and his dad back from the dead some how. its the characters, we dont need ray winston or Shire. The Connery and Harrison relationship was superb on screen.

Funny thing is I've come to forgive a lot of what I didn't like about Temple of Doom. I still think Capshaw is a bad actress, and the film lags in places... but Harrison actually is acting! He's pretty kick ass at times! I'm even OK with Short Round. There's Matte Paintings and Minature effects and stop motion.... ToD feels much more like an Indiana Jones movie than Crystal Skull. In the last year or so I've decided to un-hate Temple of Doom.

Funny thing is I've come to forgive a lot of what I didn't like about Temple of Doom. I still think Capshaw is a bad actress, and the film lags in places... but Harrison actually is acting! He's pretty kick ass at times! I'm even OK with Short Round. There's Matte Paintings and Minature effects and stop motion.... ToD feels much more like an Indiana Jones movie than Crystal Skull. In the last year or so I've decided to un-hate Temple of Doom.

I've always thought it was a good film, just not as good as Raiders or Crusade. Harrison looked the best ever in Temple.

I remmember Lucas saying when they were making skull, that we are writing Sean in it whether he likes it or not. But he still didnt come back. and I cant see him coming back out of retirement at 81. They could set Indy 5 in the late 40's dye Harrison hair a bit make him look younger and bring all the old gang back and maybe a few nazis? If not Indy set in the 60's might be a bit strange.

Short round was the essence of what a supporting character should be. I have no idea what they were thinking when they wrote the script for Short Round (a young boy going on adventures) but they were 100% on the nail. He seemed to work so hard in the movie!!!

yes short round is a great character, why wasnt short round and saller at indys wedding in Indy 4? They should bring Short Round back for Indy 5, make him a grown up kick ass, fung fu guy, like Jackie Chan. Temple as some great moments. The first 3 Indy movies had great some great moments you dont forget. I cant think of any really great moments you dont forget in Crystral skull. The end flying ship scene is good but what else?

I've always thought it was a good film, just not as good as Raiders or Crusade. Harrison looked the best ever in Temple.

I remmember Lucas saying when they were making skull, that we are writing Sean in it whether he likes it or not. But he still didnt come back. and I cant see him coming back out of retirement at 81. They could set Indy 5 in the late 40's dye Harrison hair a bit make him look younger and bring all the old gang back and maybe a few nazis? If not Indy set in the 60's might be a bit strange.

It's easy to see Oxley was originally written as Indy's father. They didn't change very much.

They're all waiting on Lucas. Because he controls the entire show. Every aspect. Because no one will tell him to shut the ____ up and go lie in a corner.

:exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly:

They're all waiting on Lucas. Because he controls the entire show. Every aspect. Because no one will tell him to shut the ____ up and go lie in a corner.

:rotfl:rotfl

It's easy to see Oxley was originally written as Indy's father. They didn't change very much.

Actually, he was originally going to be Abner Ravenwood, who didn't actually die but went off to South America looking for the skull and never returned. Glad they changed that, at least.

I thoroughly enjoyed TOD.. but it may have been the timing... TOD came out when I was in 3rd or 4th grade.. I had grown up watching Raiders on VHS over and over and it was, obviously, my favorite movie... so when a new Indy hit the screens I was ecstatic.. funny story about that though... there was a solar eclipse on opening night.. and my parents had promised to take me to the movies to see TOD that night... on the long walk home from school that day all the kids were talking about how if you looked directly at the sun during the eclipse you could go blind !!! ... so I was paranoid about the sun blinding me and keeping me from seeing the movie later that night.. (the priorities of kids !!).. so sure.. TOD has its flaws.. but for a kid it was perfect.. so that particular volume from the Indy series has a special nostalgia for me... along that same line.. a buddy of mine that was equally disappointed with KOTCS commented that as he was rolling his eyes in the theatre as to how lame the newest Indy flick was, he glanced at his young son next to him who was just eating it up... so in the end.. it is all about perspective and timing I guess...

I agree 100% with Mfisher. I have a 5 year old daughter and she loves KOTCS! She asks me to put the blue ray in once in a while, and she covers her eyes in the ants scene, laughs in the monkey scene! and loves when Indy throws Spalko from the moving jeep in the opening scene! hahahhaa

Back