Indy 5 on the way?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but at Ford's age he'd look ridiculous galavanting about with a young girl.

calistaflockhart6507.jpg

I think they should have the 5th as a 6th with the 5th act having taken place off-screen. Marion has died of a illness. Indy opens a restaurant called “Marion’s”. People come to the restaurant to eat and hear stories of Indy’s archeological adventures. Mutt has grown up and has his own life. But the shadow of Indy fall heavy over him. On TV there is a segment of a younger archeologist discovering or searching for the Arch. Indy feels that there is something left in the basement and goes up against the committee to get his archeological license.

Hey it worked well for ROCKY!!!!!
“Let's start building some hurtin' bombs! “

Indy should retire and let Shai takeover, thats where lucas left us from the last movie. Or maybe Lucas should let someone else write the next film.

set it a few years before kotcs. its the easiest way to removed unwanted elements from that film! (marion cheshire cat impressions, mutt, dead henry snr etc.) indy with a female companion and a couple of nods to old characters perhaps, but no ensemble like kotcs. maybe he can go after the golden idol again in the beginning set piece, whatever happened to it after belloq had it? Theres plenty of ideas to be had, whether they incorporate elements from existing indy adventures or not.
indy needs to bring that sense of danger back that was lacking in no. 4 real set peices,minimal cgi. make it real! cinematography needs to go back to the grittier fell of the original trilogy rather than the dreamy visuals of 4 that just seemed fake.

oh, and let him use his whip!

Indy and Mutt have a business restoring antiques or something along those lines. Indy sends Mutt to deliver/ship a strange item to a customer, Mutt gets kidnapped by someone wanting the package. Indy and Mutt's young attractive wife (I'm thinking Emma Stone - she is attractive, can act, and has that classic look for a woman in the 1950's) set out to find him, while Marion stays home to watch the grandchild.

The item in the package ends up being the mcguffin that leads them all on an adventure, you could work in a Chinese element, bring back Short Round for a cameo, gets some laughs about Short Round thinking Indy and his daughter in law are an item, and learn that Short Round is now a king fu master that gets to kick some ass!

I know the premise isn't perfect, but it still allows for all the main cast from 4, gets both Marion and Mutt OUT of the spotlight for the majority of the film while still having a role to play in the main story, and allows for an attractive leading lady role, albeit one that Indy doesn't have an affair with (or does he!?!?!) :)

As much as I had issues with parts of Crystal Skull, just outright ignoring it or creating a 'prequel' to it would piss me off even more.

I agree with Chalky. Make it a prequel to KOTCS, like TOD was a prequel to Raiders. So this new trilogy would mirror the first trilogy's timeline. Maybe they could limit Mack's involvement in the same way Sallah was just a side character.

And yes! Make it REAL with no CGI! Make it old fashioned stunts and perils!

set it a few years before kotcs. its the easiest way to removed unwanted elements from that film! (marion cheshire cat impressions, mutt, dead henry snr etc.) indy with a female companion and a couple of nods to old characters perhaps, but no ensemble like kotcs. maybe he can go after the golden idol again in the beginning set piece, whatever happened to it after belloq had it? Theres plenty of ideas to be had, whether they incorporate elements from existing indy adventures or not.
indy needs to bring that sense of danger back that was lacking in no. 4 real set peices,minimal cgi. make it real! cinematography needs to go back to the grittier fell of the original trilogy rather than the dreamy visuals of 4 that just seemed fake.

oh, and let him use his whip!

I agree completely! :yess:

Indy and Mutt have a business restoring antiques or something along those lines. Indy sends Mutt to deliver/ship a strange item to a customer, Mutt gets kidnapped by someone wanting the package. Indy and Mutt's young attractive wife (I'm thinking Emma Stone - she is attractive, can act, and has that classic look for a woman in the 1950's) set out to find him, while Marion stays home to watch the grandchild.

The item in the package ends up being the mcguffin that leads them all on an adventure, you could work in a Chinese element, bring back Short Round for a cameo, gets some laughs about Short Round thinking Indy and his daughter in law are an item, and learn that Short Round is now a king fu master that gets to kick some ass!

I know the premise isn't perfect, but it still allows for all the main cast from 4, gets both Marion and Mutt OUT of the spotlight for the majority of the film while still having a role to play in the main story, and allows for an attractive leading lady role, albeit one that Indy doesn't have an affair with (or does he!?!?!) :)

As much as I had issues with parts of Crystal Skull, just outright ignoring it or creating a 'prequel' to it would piss me off even more.

some not bad ideas in there

they are just going to crap all over there legacy for a few bucks.......jesus why not just replace him with shilo labuff or wtf his name is.....could not be paid enough to go see this

Back