Indiana Jones - Way too dark?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived a week ago (the ex) but I am keeping him in the shipping carton for me to open on Christmas. Hopefully I wont notice any skin issues.

Good for you *Bill! Is there anyway you could post a pic? Take in normal to bright lighting, no flash. This would be a big help in determining whether I should return mine. Thanks!

Ok, this was shot with no flash, 100% natural light. It is completely overcast and snowing here. The only light source is my overhead dining room light (which is fairly dim,) and two distant windows with the shades pulled down.

Mine IS the exclusive version, and to me, his skin tone is perfect, and this image appears to me to be 100% accurate to the skin tone on my Indy.

img_8961-1.jpg

It's starting to look like the regular PF is the one with the dark head... seems like the Exclusive heads are not as bad.

Now that looks great. I've yet to see an in-hand pic that nice.

Hell, your jacket even looks good. :whip

Despite my jealousy, congratulations.

Thanks man. I really feel bad for those who got dark copies. As for the jacket: my jacket does not have a bit of green in it. It looks just as seen in the pic, it's not brown, but more of a dark, dark gray.

Wow *Bill, that looks awesome! I wish my Exclusive head with the hat looked that good. Mine is a bit dark...not as dark as some of the Regulars I've seen...but still dark. All in all, I'm still very happy with it though. Indy ROCKS!:rock

Wow *Bill, that looks awesome! I wish my Exclusive head with the hat looked that good. Mine is a bit dark...not as dark as some of the Regulars I've seen...but still dark. All in all, I'm still very happy with it though. Indy ROCKS!:rock

Yes! Indeed! This one looks perfect. I feel the same way, my EX. Head is too dark, but I still like it. Kind of wish I had *Bill's though....that is more like it was supposed to look!

I think I lucked out too, I never would have thought anything of the paint job on these - had it not been for this thread. :gun

I cant believe my ex just converted , the ex's skin tones look much better .

Mine will probably convert now that I ordered a regular. And I'm sure mine will be just as dark as my Captain Jack Sparrow, who is almost black. I'm lucky like that. :(

It's starting to look like the regular PF is the one with the dark head... seems like the Exclusive heads are not as bad.

Thats just what I didn't want to hear. I sure hope this won't be the 1st SS piece I ever had to return

K well...when i first opened mine up i noticed the skin color was really really dark. But then i took some pics and on the camera the skin color looks perfect, both with flash and without :confused:. I maybe in my dining room, the lighting and that makes his skin look darker. So what else i did is i put him in some natural lite and his skin color is perfect. :cool:

Below are some pics of him, still in the box. (Still finding a cabinet for him before i take him out the box :whip)

But INDY IS AWESOME...:whip

with flash

INDY1.jpg

INDY2.jpg

INDY3.jpg

without flash

INDY6.jpg

INDY7.jpg

INDY8.jpg

I'm not sure that there's any difference between the regular and exclusive. Here's my regular. To me, he SHOULD be darker than normal because Ford was very tanned in Raiders (due to sunbathing while filming in Tunisia for the Cairo scenes).

Sideshow-PF-Indy-Statue.jpg

Chris

It's a beautiful Premium Format ... The face it's Harrisond Ford ... the best Harrison in a statue ...

Look my Gentle Giant Han Solo Full Statue .. ( The Sideshow PF it's a best )

HanSoloStatue_01.jpg

... for me the best head it's Indy PF ( but the color jacket :nono )

Well, Sideshow just got back to me concerning my Indiana Obama Jones PF, and they are basically saying I am SOL because:

Please know all pieces are hand painted and assembled, therefore, pieces will vary slightly in regards to shading and paint application from the prototype piece featured on our website. As most of our pieces for this figure feature the same coloring and shading, we will not be able to assist you with a full replacement.

If you are unsatisfied with your item, you may return it for a refund of the product price only as per our Customer Satisfaction Guarantee return policy. Please let me know how you wish to proceed.

ROFL so their QC sucks balls on this and they pass the buck... nice. They are however going to send me replacements for the belt and holster.

If you'll excuse me, I need to go bend over now.

Well, despite some of the paint problems...this is the only sculpt that I feel actually looks like Harrison. I'm tempted to get this anyway, just because the face is so awesome, overlooking the bad paint. :lol

Back