Indiana Jones - Way too dark?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got an email from returns requesting photos of the issues and a pic of the base showing the issue number. So I sent pics of the dark face (Where you could see the hands and face in the same shot), my unglued holster that has fallen apart, the unglued loop on the belt and the belt buckle missing the loophole pin part. The entire belt is falling apart :banghead

Just got an email from returns requesting photos of the issues and a pic of the base showing the issue number. So I sent pics of the dark face (Where you could see the hands and face in the same shot), my unglued holster that has fallen apart, the unglued loop on the belt and the belt buckle missing the loophole pin part. The entire belt is falling apart :banghead

:lol Geezus, man! My whip loop broke with just a little tug. I assumed since they used magnets on the 1:6 version they'd do the same for an almost $300 piece, but no dice.

Again, sorry to hear all of this and I hope they get you fixed up, though I'm not holding my breath.

Man I hate to hear the crap luck you are having. I do like my Indy PF, but I'm not in denial..it is a bit too dark and (God help me) Ashton's right, the jacket is a bit greenish.

But, I still like it, what can I say, I'm a cheap whore :monkey4

:lol Geezus, man! My whip loop broke with just a little tug. I assumed since they used magnets on the 1:6 version they'd do the same for an almost $300 piece, but no dice.

Again, sorry to hear all of this and I hope they get you fixed up, though I'm not holding my breath.

LOL thanks.. yeah it's killing me... why didn't they stitch the holster??

Btw nice Avatar... my favorite movie of all time.

Between this and the Christmas Elf edition Moria Orc, not a good December so far.

Man I hate to hear the crap luck you are having. I do like my Indy PF, but I'm not in denial..it is a bit too dark and (God help me) Ashton's right, the jacket is a bit greenish.

Boy are you asking for it :lol

LOL thanks.. yeah it's killing me... why didn't they stitch the holster??

Btw nice Avatar... my favorite movie of all time.

Between this and the Christmas Elf edition Moria Orc, not a good December so far.

Thanks, brother. And yes, it's quite possibly the most underrated movie of all time. :gun

Did you actually order what one member called "A dead rat stuck to a Christmas Tree" Moria Orc? :lol That thing's a mess.

I can kind of relate on the bad collectibles luck. Aside from Indy, I've had a damaged 1/4 Superman sitting in the shipper box for about two weeks now because I can't get the fine folks at StatueToys.com to get their act together and either refund or ship a new one.

Needless to say, it's been an ugly battle thus far, but all you need is perseverance.......and semi-threatening emails.

The whip isn't meant to go on the belt, just in his hand like on the package and all the pictures. :whip

Boy are you asking for it :lol

Thanks, brother. And yes, it's quite possibly the most underrated movie of all time. :gun

Did you actually order what one member called "A dead rat stuck to a Christmas Tree" Moria Orc? :lol That thing's a mess.

I can kind of relate on the bad collectibles luck. Aside from Indy, I've had a damaged 1/4 Superman sitting in the shipper box for about two weeks now because I can't get the fine folks at StatueToys.com to get their act together and either refund or ship a new one.

Needless to say, it's been an ugly battle thus far, but all you need is perseverance.......and semi-threatening emails.

The movie is a classic and someday I plan to have the movie poster sculpted as a full statue set in 1:4 scale, my ultimate grail.

Yeah I have that thing on pre-order, what a mess :( GL with ST.com!

The movie is a classic and someday I plan to have the movie poster sculpted as a full statue set in 1:4 scale, my ultimate grail.

Sweet Lord that would be incredible. :bow

I made 1:6 customs of Harley & Marlboro a couple of years ago, and they actually weren't too bad, but I got in a pinch and had to sell them. :banghead

I'm going to eventually return to that project, but the first time around it exhausted me so I've been afraid to tackle it again :lol

The whip isn't meant to go on the belt, just in his hand like on the package and all the pictures. :whip

This seems obvious, I know---but I'm a slow learner. It's an easy fix, but I haven't wanted to go near the thing since I opened it. I keep it standing in the corner with a paper dunce cap on.

Think mine is too dark as well. Was disappointed in the skin tone color as soon as opened the box. It does look a bit better under direct light, but a re-paint may be in order (thought about sending back to SS, but sounds like most are like this).

The holster on mine came apart as well. Don't think the glue ever really held it together good. Don't know why they didn't stitch it as well. Guess hot glue to fix it?

I'm so pissed about this, I'm thinking of just asking for a refund. I'm so sick of the bad paint apps. I been collecting SS stuff for a long long time, but I'm starting to lose respect for them. And then I see all the "I hope HT gets the 12 inch line..", threads. They got to pick it up.

Well, my skin tone is actually perfect. It's not dark at all... just right (I'm sure they vary, since they are all individually hand painted.) As for the jacket, many are saying green... I'm not seeing that in mine either. It's not brown though either... It's a dark gray.

I almost feel like I should apologize for not having the issues that everyone here is having... I certainly hope that everything works out for all. BTW, my holster did come a bit "un-glued" but I just pressed it together, and all is well.

Good for you *Bill! Is there anyway you could post a pic? Take in normal to bright lighting, no flash. This would be a big help in determining whether I should return mine. Thanks!

Good for you *Bill! Is there anyway you could post a pic? Take in normal to bright lighting, no flash. This would be a big help in determining whether I should return mine. Thanks!

Not sure if I will get to it today, but I do have some pics on my blog: https://padawandad.wordpress.com/2008/12/19/indiana-jones-premium-format-statue/ Most have dramatic lighting, but I balanced the flash pretty well to retain the original color.

The last two pics were just shot with a touch of fill flash, but are about 95% natural light.

I'll try and post some 100% naturally lit photos as soon as possible.

These are just taken with my camera phone, but they give you an idea just how dark the PF can appear under different lighting circumstances. Here's no flash, mostly room light and a little indirect sunlight coming through the window...

IMG_0012.jpg

And here's the PF again in a little more direct sunlight...

IMG_0016-1.jpg

Quite a difference! Depending on what the ambient light conditions are, Indy can look quite dark. I think it's also hard to light his face because of the fedora. So a lot probably depends on where you put your PF, and how you light him.

It really is a great PF, The best Indy yet, but its always something.Still bummed about this.

He is pretty awesome, just opened mine. The face is a little dark, but I think the paint is rather good. I'm just glad he doesn't have red lips or something glaringly wrong. The leather jacket sleeve has a very small paint smudge which is always annoying, but I'm not going to fuss with that. Overall, the outfit and the sculpt is pretty spot on. Great PF and worth it! I'm somewhat anxious about the Moria Orc though.

Bill, great pics! I'm really believe exclusive editions look lighter. I did not go with that edition because I felt I would never display without the hat. Thanks again!

K i finally took mine out the Box but seriously is it just me or is mines skin tone really really dark. And i've notice that the EX skin tones are done waaay better the the REG, has anyone else noticed that. But my indy skin tone is really really dark??? :confused:

Back