Indiana Jones - Way too dark?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Sideshow just got back to me concerning my Indiana Obama Jones PF, and they are basically saying I am SOL because:

ROFL so their QC sucks balls on this and they pass the buck... nice. They are however going to send me replacements for the belt and holster.

If you'll excuse me, I need to go bend over now.

I got the same runaround on the Moria Orc fiasco (TM Shai).

I am returning my regular edition to Sideshow and have purchased an exclusive on ebay. Before returning my the regular edition I will do a side by side comparison if anybody is interested. Hope to have better luck with the life-size Iron Man bust coming soon.

Did you watch the vid? I few shades lighter and the PF would of been perfect.

One step further...I actually own the piece in question. Sure he's darker, but Harrison was really dark anyway from sun bathing during shooting. Do I think he looks black? No, and anybody who thinks he does needs to cut back on the daytime dramas. Sideshow has already offered to refund the money of those who are unsatisfied.

Why should we have to return the item and get our money back? Why doesn't Sideshow implement a stringent QC on their products? We are paying money for quality but most of the time their stuff requires a repaint which is more time and money. If we wanted it repainted then why not just sell unpainted figures to their customers to begin with and charge less? And Harrison was sunburned so he should actually have a redder fleshtone.

24w69ds.jpg

Why should we have to return the item and get our money back? Why doesn't Sideshow implement a stringent QC on their products? We are paying money for quality but most of the time their stuff requires a repaint which is more time and money. If we wanted it repainted then why not just sell unpainted figures to their customers to begin with and charge less?

You don't like it, don't buy it. If you bought it and are unhappy with it, return it for a full refund. If it were any other company, you'd do just that. Why should a company jump through hoops for a tiny minority that's unsatisfied with their products, a same minority that's arguably unsatisfied with every single piece they've ever released?

If you want to repaint it, primer it and repaint it. Why should sideshow begin selling pieces unpainted for a small minority when the vast majority are perfectly happy with the way it looks now?! It's arguably their best PF ever.

Just curious, you did buy the PF right?

Well, my regular is too dark. He's far from just tan. The color isn't alright but since I got mine on the cheap I'll keep it, but I'll sell it if the waitlist for the ex turns. There's a big difference between the two versions.

I think people are very disappointed. I gripe when I'm disappointed and I'm betting most of you do too.

I guess we can get a small spotlight and shine on his face all the time. :lol

You don't like it, don't buy it. If you bought it and are unhappy with it, return it for a full refund. If it were any other company, you'd do just that. Why should a company jump through hoops for a tiny minority that's unsatisfied with their products, a same minority that's arguably unsatisfied with every single piece they've ever released?

If you want to repaint it, primer it and repaint it. Why should sideshow begin selling pieces unpainted for a small minority when the vast majority are perfectly happy with the way it looks now?! It's arguably their best PF ever.

Just curious, you did buy the PF right?

Did you read? I said I didn't want to return it for a refund. I guess the more people who are satisfied with mediocrity encourages Sideshow to half-ass their production pieces but my exclusive PF looks nothing like the prototype shown at Toy Fair. The skin is dark brown on both the hatless and regular hat heads. I don't wan't to return it because this is the one PF of my collection I have been waiting to own but it is upsetting that it requires a costly repaint because I don't have the skill to do it myself and finding someone as talented as Les Walker to repaint it will take forever given his current situation. If Sideshow was willing to exchange them for some with a lighter fleshtone or even sent them back to the factory to be repainted I would be amicable to that. If more than just a small minority would have complained then perhaps Sideshow would have done something to fix the situation but as it stands they don't care so we have to settle for an expensive flawed figure or get our money back. That's just wrong.

Did you read? I said I didn't want to return it for a refund. I guess the more people who are satisfied with mediocrity encourages Sideshow to half-ass their production pieces but my exclusive PF looks nothing like the prototype shown at Toy Fair. The skin is dark brown on both the hatless and regular hat heads. I don't wan't to return it because this is the one PF of my collection I have been waiting to own but it is upsetting that it requires a costly repaint because I don't have the skill to do it myself and finding someone as talented as Les Walker to repaint it will take forever given his current situation. If Sideshow was willing to exchange them for some with a lighter fleshtone or even sent them back to the factory to be repainted I would be amicable to that. If more than just a small minority would have complained then perhaps Sideshow would have done something to fix the situation but as it stands they don't care so we have to settle for an expensive flawed figure or get our money back. That's just wrong.

"Flawed" is your opinion of the piece, not a fact. And saying we "settled for mediocrity" is ridiculous. Again, this is one of the best pieces to come out of Sideshow, period. I don't think it requires a repaint and just because I don't agree with you doesn't make it a world-ending half-assed paint job. Since the majority of people who bought it think it's fine, I'd say that makes you picky and overcritical :lol. Neither the hatted, nor unhatted headsculpt look too dark to me nor does it, IMO, even require a repaint. But I guess it's a matter of preference. And since you're unwilling to return it for a full refund, which is a perfectly reasonable offer by Sideshow, why waste the energy complaining about it? Just enjoy it and be happy with life instead of demanding perfection out of everything!

Yeah he is dark...live with it...this forum is just filling up with whiners SERIOUSLY... 'Indy is too dark' 'His jacket is too green' 'HT Dutch's hair is too short' 'Predators blades are the wrong shape...' etc etc JEEZ some of you need to include 'Must get a life and/or get laid' as a new years resolution...:thwak

Not sure if the Reg = too dark, Ex = lighter argument has been settled or not, but I have the reg in hand and will have the Ex this weekend. If I notice any side-by-side differences, I'll post some pics. If I don't see any differences worth photographing, Ill just report those findings...

-QGF

Not sure if the Reg = too dark, Ex = lighter argument has been settled or not, but I have the reg in hand and will have the Ex this weekend. If I notice any side-by-side differences, I'll post some pics. If I don't see any differences worth photographing, Ill just report those findings...

-QGF

Well, I have the exclusive and both the heads are too dark. :mad:

"Flawed" is your opinion of the piece, not a fact. And saying we "settled for mediocrity" is ridiculous. Again, this is one of the best pieces to come out of Sideshow, period. I don't think it requires a repaint and just because I don't agree with you doesn't make it a world-ending half-assed paint job. Since the majority of people who bought it think it's fine, I'd say that makes you picky and overcritical :lol. Neither the hatted, nor unhatted headsculpt look too dark to me nor does it, IMO, even require a repaint. But I guess it's a matter of preference. And since you're unwilling to return it for a full refund, which is a perfectly reasonable offer by Sideshow, why waste the energy complaining about it? Just enjoy it and be happy with life instead of demanding perfection out of everything!

It's a legitimate gripe. As was already demonstrated, there is a difference in paint mixes. Some got the light paint, others the dark mix. The Ex vs. Reg argument doesn't really have any validity because I have the Ex. and both heads are dark. It's really just luck of the draw but since I'm not the only one complaining there are others who aren't happy with theirs as well. So it's a take it or leave it option but that doesn't mean we have to be satisfied with a poor paint mix because Sideshow's QC can't tell night from day or in this case black from white.

It's a legitimate gripe. As was already demonstrated, there is a difference in paint mixes. Some got the light paint, others the dark mix. The Ex vs. Reg argument doesn't really have any validity because I have the Ex. and both heads are dark. It's really just luck of the draw but since I'm not the only one complaining there are others who aren't happy with theirs as well. So it's a take it or leave it option but that doesn't mean we have to be satisfied with a poor paint mix because Sideshow's QC can't tell night from day or in this case black from white.

If you believe that's the case then quit whining about it and send it back for a refund. :rolleyes:

If someone is unhappy with an item and wants to post their gripes, what is the big deal? It sure beats reading about someone complaining about someone complaining. :rolleyes:

Back