Indiana Jones V: Misc MacGuffin musings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indy looked so dope in the full beard in the bookend sequences in "Mystery of the Blues." Too bad the episode sucked.

That would have been the time to make one last Indy feature. Bearded Indy.

3ab4602df51b297f046e0e732f8400fe.jpg

I think this won't happen unless Spielberg is going to recast Indy. You realize how long ago KOTCS was released and even then Ford was how old??

I realize all too well.

I felt Ford was long-in-the-tooth when he did Last Crusade and figured that would be the end of it. Feared a "let's do it again" mentality coming back... but never figured they'd even consider it after the 90's came and went let alone nearly a decade even later. And now? It's simply absurd and a cash grab for everyone involved. No one would be doing it for the right reasons, especially Ford.

I realize all too well.

I felt Ford was long-in-the-tooth when he did Last Crusade and figured that would be the end of it. Feared a "let's do it again" mentality coming back... but never figured they'd even consider it after the 90's came and went let alone nearly a decade even later. And now? It's simply absurd and a cash grab for everyone involved. No one would be doing it for the right reasons, especially Ford.

Shouldve never gone beyond the trilogy.
Had a great River Phoenix sequence and Connery was simply perfect, throw in the ultimate bad guy with the funny mustache cameo and Marcus and Sallah to boot.

Now maybe when the A.l. and cgi are perfected in a decade or so...Harrison will have drunk from the digital fountain of youth.
Could still do computer games and animated Pixar type stories? Yeah? No? Maybe?

I'm all for recasting actors digitally once the tech is there. I can see a future movie like Roger Rabbit or Ready Player One where they bring back Bogart and Cary Crant, etc, and mix them into some crazy story that takes place in the 40's.

I think recreating a young Ford as Indy for video games is a great idea. It would be weird to do it now, with Ford alive.

But again, sometimes recasting gets you something just as good but different. Look at Craig's Bond. I don't know why people are so opposed to recasting once an actor is past-his-prime. Why would you rather force an old man into the shoes of a 35 year old character? I mean, if Chris Reeves was alive and well, would you like him to play Superman again?

I'm against old actors playing action heroes unless they're believable in the role somehow. Indy is a teacher and explorer, so he can grow old and still be a explorer, like Jacques Cousteau. Indy is not a superhero or a one man army. What he can't do is fight people half his age or do stunts that are just unrealistic. That's one of the many problems I had with Indy 4.

I mean, if Chris Reeves was alive and well, would you like him to play Superman again?

Actually, if he had not broken his neck then yes there is a strong possibility that Reeves could’ve taken up the mantle again of an older Kal el. Some people age better than others obviously and his face still looked good sans hair and all. Chris kept himself in good shape with no real bad habits like drinking or smoking (just an equestrian habit that took a freak turn) If youre familiar with comics then you’ve probably heard of Kingdom Come. A retired Superman makes an epic return.
Interesting to ponder given that Shazam has finally made it to the big screen and his character is central to Kingdom Come.
Given the state of CGI and fake muscle artistry then yes I would. It depends if the story addresses the passage of time in a believable way.
1F47F629-D53B-40A1-8C8E-6F3C8C806BC7.jpeg6C57839F-4C01-4065-8A9D-98C23A210C79.jpeg

Last edited:
I realize all too well.

I don't think a cash-grab is any certainty. KOTCS did well but not monumental numbers like today's Marvel films or others. I think this would be a misfire at the box office, too, unless they get a new Indy and Spielberg can somehow make something really good again. This doesn't make any sense at all. Almost as nuts as bringing Connery back to play Bond right now!!

I don't think a cash-grab is any certainty.

I didn't mean at the box-office -- I meant for the players involved: Ford, Spielberg, Lucas, etc. All doing it for the money rather than for the entertainment. If it ever happens, and I highly doubt it, it would be lazy and uninspired.

I didn't mean at the box-office -- I meant for the players involved: Ford, Spielberg, Lucas, etc. All doing it for the money rather than for the entertainment. If it ever happens, and I highly doubt it, it would be lazy and uninspired.

This is an understatement.
Spielberg, once a master of entertainment puts out KOTCS, possibly the worst big budget action film in the past 20 years.

The sets were awful , that “Jungle” in the quicksand scene looks like Home Depot,

Horrible effects : same scene with a rubber snake for TRU...

Incredibly stupid action....swinging monkeys, Nuka Fridge , waterfalls of insanity, on and on.

Its like they took the worst parts of TOD and TLC and said “lets do more of that!”

Its pathetic.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I'm OK with Peter Weller coming back as RoboCop cause it's part of the story that he's been forgotten in storage or something and decaying. But he hasn't agreed to it so it'll probably never happen.

I think old, saggy fleshed Terminators are beyond stupid though.

Ford as an 80 year old Indy....god that's a terrible idea. Isn't that older than Christoper Lee was when he was Dooku and Saruman??

Indiana Jones 5 Gets New Writer, Abandoned Plot Details Revealed

By JK SCHMIDT - May 1, 2019 05:58 pm
Ever since Disney and Lucasfilm announced work on a new installment in the fan-favorite Indiana Jones series, fans have been eager to see the next adventure of the daring archeologist. But while we've heard that all of the major players would be returning,including Harrison Ford in the title role with Steven Spielberg directing, we've yet to hear much else.
Now a new report from Making Star Wars indicates that Indiana Jones 5 has suffered a setback and has hired This Is Us creator Dan Fogelman to redo the script entirely, scrapping the idea from Solo: A Star Wars Story writer Jon Kasdan.

Aside from his success with the NBC drama This Is Us, Fogelman also served as a writer on Disney and Pixar's first two Cars movies, and recently wrote and directed Life Itself.
Kasdan's script, according to Making Star Wars, was said to be focused on the Wałbrzych Gold Train story, which suggests a Nazi train loaded with priceless artifacts and heirlooms went missing in a series of tunnels in Poland. Unfortunately this story will not play out, and it seems like Kasdan has abandoned that idea as the MacGuffin du jour for the film.

This is quite a setback for Indiana Jones 5, as last year Spielberg himself revealed that he was getting ready to begin filming in April.
"It’s always worth the trip when I get to work with this deep bench of talent coming out of the UK," Spielberg said during the Empire Awards. "The actors, and the crew, the chippies, the sparks, the drivers — everybody who has helped me make my movies here, and will continue helping me make my movies here when I come back in April 2019 to make the fifth Indiana Jones movie right here."

Indiana Jones 5 has a tentative release of July 10, 2020, but expect that to be pushed back as more concrete details about the film begin to come together in the coming months.

Good. Means we got another 3-6 years before they figure everything out.

And if George is still insisting on something no one wants to do, it could take longer.

Indiana Jones 5 Gets New Writer, Abandoned Plot Details Revealed

By JK SCHMIDT - May 1, 2019 05:58 pm
Ever since Disney and Lucasfilm announced work on a new installment in the fan-favorite Indiana Jones series, fans have been eager to see the next adventure of the daring archeologist. But while we've heard that all of the major players would be returning,including Harrison Ford in the title role with Steven Spielberg directing, we've yet to hear much else.
Now a new report from Making Star Wars indicates that Indiana Jones 5 has suffered a setback and has hired This Is Us creator Dan Fogelman to redo the script entirely, scrapping the idea from Solo: A Star Wars Story writer Jon Kasdan.

Aside from his success with the NBC drama This Is Us, Fogelman also served as a writer on Disney and Pixar's first two Cars movies, and recently wrote and directed Life Itself.
Kasdan's script, according to Making Star Wars, was said to be focused on the Wałbrzych Gold Train story, which suggests a Nazi train loaded with priceless artifacts and heirlooms went missing in a series of tunnels in Poland. Unfortunately this story will not play out, and it seems like Kasdan has abandoned that idea as the MacGuffin du jour for the film.

This is quite a setback for Indiana Jones 5, as last year Spielberg himself revealed that he was getting ready to begin filming in April.
"It’s always worth the trip when I get to work with this deep bench of talent coming out of the UK," Spielberg said during the Empire Awards. "The actors, and the crew, the chippies, the sparks, the drivers — everybody who has helped me make my movies here, and will continue helping me make my movies here when I come back in April 2019 to make the fifth Indiana Jones movie right here."

Indiana Jones 5 has a tentative release of July 10, 2020, but expect that to be pushed back as more concrete details about the film begin to come together in the coming months.

Woke-bot creator fired???:horror

0f936f14d53e72a4af176f689ce11a5e.gif

Ok got it! I think it looks unlikely if Spielberg pushes it back again- but who cares about a remake of West Side Story...another flopola in his long book of ones in the last 15 years or so....

Back