Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to these PF's so you've probably got lots more experience than me.

All I can say is the Crystal Skull PF statue I just picked up looks nothing like the pics on line. It looks amazing in hand.

I'm very pleased with the paint job on the Temple of Doom PF that just arrived.

I think its something to do with the way the polystone reacts to the flash on cameras. It's like it bounces off it and bleaches it in photos. Detailing and texture just disappears.

But even more so than the paint, I love the weathering on the ToD statues - the statue's skin and clothes look grimy and filthy - something that doesn't show up in the pictures at all.

He really looks like he's just came out of the mines....maybe they dropped mine in the dirt by accident before packing :D :D

Thanks SAB! You are probably right about the flash on the photos. I think I will get this now while Sideshow still has the exclusive in Stock. Maybe then I will look at Mola Ram as well!

uk wolf ...Mola Ram kicks butt ! and you can get him from play.com (UK) for £199 delivered . i got my one from there . Number 213 . very detailed , very impressive . worth every penny . The flaming heart sucks though as it looks very plasticy ( they should have made it a light up feature ) . so i have the headdress head and bloody heart hand .
still no sign of TOD Indy . phoned Forbidden planet to ask WHERE,t,f it was . but they had no clue ..almost cancelled to buy a Samsung 3D tv .... ALMOST

play.com have put the release date back again from today to feb 11th, doesnt look to clever really for us UK lot :(

play.com have put the release date back again from today to feb 11th, doesnt look to clever really for us UK lot :(

Yes, I think they did something like that in 'Holland/Netherlands' as well, bcs I didn't receive a notification from my LCS yet. And I didn't receive news on the Kratos statue neither, which should be available this month also.

But as long as I receive a good one first time around, I'm fine with it. Bcs low stock gives little change for a good replacement when you need it..

Last edited:
Are any members making whips for the second hand to sale?

Problem is the second hand isn't really gripping so it would only loosely hold a whip. I'm waiting for someone to sculpt/cast a replacement arm for it.

Problem is the second hand isn't really gripping so it would only loosely hold a whip. I'm waiting for someone to sculpt/cast a replacement arm for it.

Yeah. The first hand (meant to grab the stone) would probably be better used for holding a coiled up whip.

But I don't think people care as much now as the replacement hand looks like he is about to grab the whip off his belt himself and so sort of provides a similar affect.

Have not taken pictures yet but this piece is terrific. Opened it last week and it's a great one.

Everyone may have their favorites but I think this is the best 'out of the box' Indy collectible. Sideshow's 1/6 is great because of all the mods but this one just screams from the second you get him out of the styrofoam.

The pose is dramatic, proportions look great and the base is great.

Every Indy fan would love this.

Got mine last night (along witht the PF Jack Sparrow for my wife) and I have to say for my first two these are outstanding pieces. I was amazed by Indy's size and weight, as long as the quality of the accessories.

One question though, is he made out of polystone or resin? I noticed some PF's are even made of plastic (i.e. the awesome looking sold out "Boba Fett").

EDIT--Have not taken pics, but my ONLY criticism of Indy is the cheap looking pastic sword. Only fault and I agree with those that none of the pics on here do it justice.

Looks cool holding the whip but a bit silly still having the coiled whip on his belt!

Anyone going to repaint the head on this? I'd love to see how it looks with a better paintjob.

Chris

Back