Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine today :woo hoo!!!

First impressions: He. Is. AWESOME! Paint apps look SUPERB. Face is better than any pics I've seen, body weathering is as good as Gandalf. Tailoring is FANTASTIC. Belt and holster is eh. Mfisher I'm giving you the nudge here :wink1:. Bag is actually better than I was expecting, but I'll still give the wink again to mike for a new one.

Just had time to barely set him up. Not even futzed yet, but overall I love it.

Oh and the switchout arms was a great inclusion and the stone are pretty cool too.

Pics to follow.

#15/1000

Nothing special with the pics as usual.
2f63431b.jpg

d95ba4dc.jpg

c760a2a4.jpg

b2421ebc.jpg

Not that I can tell you yet. I'm really loving it. Barely even had to futz it too. Was nearly flawless out of the box.

Down the road I'm going to add a few mfisher goodies like the holster, belt, whip keeper, and a new sidebag.

He's grown to be my favorite Indy PF. Even as iconic as ROTLA Indy is, this one easily tops him.

Yeah, it's really weird. When I saw him first displayed at comic con, my response was pretty lack-luster but now after sitting him on my shelf, I couldn't be too much happier with the figure. A terrific work of art on many levels. I still think the lips are a bit thin, but Harrison is a rubber faced actor and his expressions change dramatically scene to scene, so granny lips kinda work in this context.

I already have the ROTLA PF and am now on the fence in getting this ToD or a Blackbeard to go with Jack :gah:

I already have the ROTLA PF and am now on the fence in getting this ToD or a Blackbeard to go with Jack :gah:

We're in reverse dilemmas. I bought ToD PF EX but missed out on the ROTLA as I just recently found this unique hobby. Also missed out on KOTCS Indy... Hoping to at least pair my ToD Indy with a new Last Crusade Indy. But the ToD one is awe-inspiring in person. Not one pic on here has done it justice. I've gotten a lot of compliments from non-collectors that are amazed by the size and detail. If you can live without the monkey brains, I'd at least get the regular PF.

We're in reverse dilemmas. I bought ToD PF EX but missed out on the ROTLA as I just recently found this unique hobby. Also missed out on KOTCS Indy... Hoping to at least pair my ToD Indy with a new Last Crusade Indy. But the ToD one is awe-inspiring in person. Not one pic on here has done it justice. I've gotten a lot of compliments from non-collectors that are amazed by the size and detail. If you can live without the monkey brains, I'd at least get the regular PF.

Well the EX is still on the Sideshow site and I was shocked at the quote they gave me for shipping. I live in Canada and they told me $25 !!! I usually only colect movie figures and PFs so maybe I'll just go for the Indy and then get the KOTCS also. Blackbeard is expensive at $400 !

Really glad I ordered this. Shipping to the UK was about $30. Ended up getting the exclusive for cheaper than the regulars are going over here!
The statue is great, requiring almost no futzing at all. The sculpt is not 100% Indy, but close enough and taken as a whole, like the ROTLA PF, totally in the spirit of the films. Only complaint/criticism really is the machete, which is too big and would look better with a chrome finish like in the movie. Still, tremendous piece and I can't wait for the LC PF to appear!

Well the EX is still on the Sideshow site and I was shocked at the quote they gave me for shipping. I live in Canada and they told me $25 !!! I usually only colect movie figures and PFs so maybe I'll just go for the Indy and then get the KOTCS also. Blackbeard is expensive at $400 !

As someone that owns the ToD EX, I'm not so thrilled it's still available because I wonder if it ever will sell out. :wink1: But I think it's a good value for a really great piece. Shipping really sucks on these. I bought 2 at a time (ToD and Jack Sparrow) and SSC gave me a discount on shipping. It's worth asking.

Back