Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know ROOK already replied to my initial request with "Video is for amateurs who can't capture the material in a still. :lecture " .
and yes ROOK has posted in my opinion the best pictures of TOD indy but i feel that a video of this fantastic looking premium format would great . please post one on youtube for those of us who have to wait till the end of january ( i live in Scotland ) till we get ours .
i bought Mola Ram after watching some great reviews on youtube . If you live in the uk and want one go to play.com as they are just £189 delivered . mola is so far my favourite PF . hope Indy is as good !!

So now that we know the hands are removable and changeable, is anyone here talented enough to build and sell spare hands that are capable of holding a whip ?!

...seriously, I don't know...doesn't seem as hard as some of the stuff I see people pull off here....but I don't know this type of stuff :)

So now that we know the hands are removable and changeable, is anyone here talented enough to build and sell spare hands that are capable of holding a whip ?!

...seriously, I don't know...doesn't seem as hard as some of the stuff I see people pull off here....but I don't know this type of stuff :)

You come with a good idea mate. Finger repositioning to hold the whip. It aint too hard with resin, but with polystone... i dunno. (Im thinking of it without having to cast, rebuild and paint, which would be expensive...)

Anyways, I would invest that effort in a repaint of the face which is the most inmediate modification this statue needs, I think.

I think the spare hand would look nice holding a whip.

Finding a 1:4 whip may be a larger problem.

You come with a good idea mate. Finger repositioning to hold the whip. It aint too hard with resin, but with polystone... i dunno. (Im thinking of it without having to cast, rebuild and paint, which would be expensive...)

Anyways, I would invest that effort in a repaint of the face which is the most inmediate modification this statue needs, I think.

interesting, thanks for the info.

As for a face repaint...I'm not hard to please I guess, cause it looks great to me in the pics that have been posted :)

I think the spare hand would look nice holding a whip.

Finding a 1:4 whip may be a larger problem.

Isn't the spare hand far too open to hold a whip ?

Another nice modification would be chroming the blade, mirror-chrome, like it was in the movie. It would be an awesome touch to the display of the figure.

interesting, thanks for the info.

As for a face repaint...I'm not hard to please I guess, cause it looks great to me in the pics that have been posted :)

Isn't the spare hand far too open to hold a whip ?

I guess it's how particular you are. For Faststreets, yes it'll probably be too open. For me, no.

Anyone else got pics or video of their statues ?

Still waiting for mine to arrive. Gah! ...taking so long!

Picture quality isn't great sorry, especially the backgrounds but I've got nowhere else to take photos at the moment.

I love this piece! TOD was my first Indy experience (what the hell were my parents thinking letting a 6 yo watch it???) and this captures it perfectly IMO.

**EDIT** My only gripe with this piece is that the sword is very filmsy. As you can see in some photos, it doesn't stay straight. Anyone got ideas on how to fix this?

IMG_5014.jpg

IMG_5012.jpg

IMG_5011.jpg

IMG_5009.jpg

IMG_5007.jpg

Last edited:
My only gripe with this piece is that the sword is very filmsy. As you can see in some photos, it doesn't stay straight. Anyone got ideas on how to fix this?

IMG_4998.jpg

On your photo the blade is bent/crooked. Can you explain "Doesn't stay straight", can you bend it straight? but overtime it bends back in this shape?? Is his blade not made of polystone, is it some other material??

Bcs, to me it looks like you need to ask for a new/replacement blade..

Hi!

You can heat it up with a blow dryer for about 30 seconds and flatten it on a table or something until it cools down. That usually works. If not, ask for a replacement sword.

Hope this helps

Bar

Statue looks great!

Shame about the sword ...now you have me worried when mine gets here :impatient:

LOL nice touch with Peter Griffen standing there, looking very confused and ashamed that he is under Indy's crotch :D :D

Back