Indiana jones 1/6 repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P1000878.jpg

P1000881.jpg

Fantastic job. I also used model color from Vallejo. After seeing your repaints, I love this head.

:chew:chew:chew:whip

P1000887.jpg
\

Thanks. I'm by no means an expert but I've been using Vallejo Model Color paints. I LOVE the eye dropper style container so I waste less paint this way. it's also very smooth and has some nice flesh tones that only need a little tweaking.

I also used PanPastel Artist Pastels. I use this to add a little red flush to the nose and cheeks and ears. I used another color to add a bit of more sun to his cheeks and face. A little goes a long long way.

The beard is raw umber and black pastels that I applied very carefully. Raw umber for the general beard shape and then black for areas I wanted darker. Again, a little goes a long way.

Thanks for the info. For a non expert I can assure you this is a great grat job! I'll try to repaint some of my figures following your info and we'll see what we get. Thanks again and continue with this great job :)

That's what I love about this board, so many little differences in each ones work and they all look kick booty!

Here's the one I did:
DrJones2011.jpg

DrJones2008.jpg

saintsyn, those are some amazing eyes. They have a certain glow to them which make the head sculpt all the more real. Got any close-up shots of them?

Awesome Saintsyn and Clarenced...

The eyes in both your work are pretty amazing. Funny how the emotion of each piece changes with the paint apps.

Awesome Saintsyn and Clarenced...

The eyes in both your work are pretty amazing. Funny how the emotion of each piece changes with the paint apps.

Hey, thanks alot!
i'm trying to mimic skin complexion, experimenting with different methods. Indy came in a lil smooth.Figs tend to look toylike if the skin's surface is too smooth, I guess SSC's figs still haven't gotten that 'pockmarked' kinda look in their sculpts like what Ht does, but hey, I ain't complaining, Trev really nailed Indy!

Thanks guys!

I don't have a decent close up yet, but when the sun comes out around here again I'll try to get some nice outdoor shots!

Lovin everyones work so far, each one brings something unique to the table!

Shows how good Trevors sculpt, and how bad the factory paint really is.

Great work guys. It's a real treat to look at how much better they all look.

Thanks guys. Gotta say there is a bit of luck involved and maybe the painting gods were with me Friday. I actually tried another head today but it didn't come out nearly as well...

Believe it or not I actually took up painting 1/6 heads because I knew Indy was coming down the pike. I learned a lot from reading posts by people like Les, DA, and Darren... I've been painting heads since April or so but this is the first one that felt alive to me... I was so excited when I finished...

Thanks for all the kind words!!

Back