Indiana jones 1/6 repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rugby1970

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I thought I would start a thread where everyone could post their Indy repaints. Thought it might be useful for sharing ideas and inspiration instead of taking away from the product image thread.

After weathering my Indy a ton I was inspired to take another crack at repainting the head. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

P1000878.jpg

P1000861.jpg

P1000864.jpg

P1000866.jpg

P1000872.jpg

now that is some fabulous work there! :) realllly looks like Indy!! :joy

Well done you! :gun

Hey Rugby1970, that an amazing job.
I would like to know what was the technique used for the beard effect.
The other thing I want to know is the brand of paint that you use in your repaints, thanks.
Once again, that's an amazing job!

Fantastic job! You should be proud of that. How do you like working with chalks?

My only critique would be that the whites of the eyes are a bit bright. But it could just be the pics.

Both look killer. I'm soon getting my 2nd Indy and will then paint them up. Also nice weathering.

Amazing job Rugby, you did fantastic work on your Indy. I love the beard especially.

Here is mine too, to add to this thread...

DSCN5193.jpg

Thanks DA. Your Indy was a huge inspiration. Paint apps and weathering are SO good! He looks like the poster sprung to life. What did you end up doing to weather your shirt and clothing?

Fantastic job! You should be proud of that. How do you like working with chalks?

My only critique would be that the whites of the eyes are a bit bright. But it could just be the pics.

Thanks! Funny, I ended up not using the chalks in the package you see in the shot. Used pastels that come the the circular containers you can see. I really enjoy using them but I have to be very, very careful. A tiny little bit goes a long, long way... too much kills the effect and looks terrible.

Oh and, yes, the eyes are a touch too bright and I used some red and grey to dull them... too chicken to change these but maybe the next time :)

Thanks DA. Your Indy was a huge inspiration. Paint apps and weathering are SO good! He looks like the poster sprung to life. What did you end up doing to weather your shirt and clothing?

Thanks man! Yours blew me away as well, makes me want to push my own work harder on the commissions I have coming.

For the clothing I soaked them in a brown wash, spot weathered with watered down dark brown and weathering sticks. I also sanded down the clothes a bit, to give it more wear. I do plan on using some chalks for his coat to get it looking a bit more worn.

Hey Rugby1970, that an amazing job.
I would like to know what was the technique used for the beard effect.
The other thing I want to know is the brand of paint that you use in your repaints, thanks.
Once again, that's an amazing job!

P1000887.jpg
\

Thanks. I'm by no means an expert but I've been using Vallejo Model Color paints. I LOVE the eye dropper style container so I waste less paint this way. it's also very smooth and has some nice flesh tones that only need a little tweaking.

I also used PanPastel Artist Pastels. I use this to add a little red flush to the nose and cheeks and ears. I used another color to add a bit of more sun to his cheeks and face. A little goes a long long way.

The beard is raw umber and black pastels that I applied very carefully. Raw umber for the general beard shape and then black for areas I wanted darker. Again, a little goes a long way.

Back