Inclusive Edition on next SW 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing that's nice about a higher edition size keeping secondary prices down is that if I ever break a figure and need a replacement it won't be such an ordeal to buy a new one off ebay.

I'm kind of stressing the thought of anything happening to my SDCC Sith Anakin.... :google

And I hate it when iconic characters that everyone should have access to are ridiculously expensive. Its crazy that anyone who wants to jump into collecting animated maquettes has to pay $500-$900 just to add flipping Padme to their collection.

However that also means I won't be able to use the "but honey we can always sell these for triple the price" line to my wife anymore.... :date

Another way to limit the ES is not to offer all the canceled figures to waitlist members. Let me explain.

Inclusive ES lasts several days and lets say 8000 are ordered for the sake of arguement.
Ebay sellers, scalpers flippers, whatever you call them realize there is no profit to be made and 4000 figures are cancelled, bringing ES down to 4000
Waitlist of 500 figures filled.
ES changed to 4500 total.

OK, realize these are arbitrary numbers. But it makes sense, right? Kind of gives the best of both worlds, it defeats the re-sellers, and gives an extra potential for a lower ES. Thoughts?

darth rage has a good point, but for some reason it just takes away the special exclusivity to me. i know it hurts people that get in the game later because they have to pay more for the hard to find characters, but IMO thats part of the game. i cancelled my pre-order for the excluvsive General Grievous and i know a couple years from now i'll be shooting myself because he's already skyrocketing on ebay, but thats a decision i had to make.

hairlesswookiee said:
ok, so that means there could be 8000 of the new figure??? thats cool, but what about the exclusive?? or is there no exclusive??

~~i worked last night so i havent read any of this thread please forgive me :monkey1

Find Dusty's post in this thread and read it. I understood her to say that that will be the exclusive.

I think another positive aspect of this idea is that Sideshow can now sell figures wtih edition sizes they know will sell. I'm not sure how many Exclusives of a Star Wars figure could be sold in 48hrs but my guess is it will probably be way more than 2000! And if Sideshow can sell 8000 (just a number) then thats way more money for them, and more of a guarantee they will continue to make the great figures we know and love... like, oh I don't know, an Origin's Kurgan perhaps :monkey1

:clap :rock Rock on Sideshow! :clap :rock

This will also be a bummer for people who sell their exclusives (at higher prices) to fund their purchase of the regulars. The good news is that it may make the waiting list for the exclusives more active, since people will just cancel their exclusive (inclusive now?) orders rather than going to ebay.

Khev said:
Okay I have to ask, who the heck is Kurgan? :confused:

...umm have you ever watched Highlander?

-Quality control goes down.. when the number being produced goes up! (just one thing I'm afraid of)

-I'm not a fan of making the exclusives Inclusive... It doesn't make sense to have an exclusive item that everyone has. Sure I want the exclusive Windu.. but I was more than happy enough just to get the regular version.. if anything the regulars should be inclusive!!!

-all this does will ensure I will never open my exclusive KIT, sith Anakin, LOTR

Hey guys, long time no post..............I really like the idea, and one point to mention that's already been posted, you don't have to wait for 10 to roll around to order, just get it in within the time frame and your golden. Also, if I'm to understand correctly, this could very well set what used to be exclusive(now inclusive) editions to a large #. Only time will tell, but like I've mentioned, sounds good to me................:chew
theverse

For characters that will be uber popular with the fans like Vader, Maul, Fett, Stormtroopers this is a very nice compromise. If they tried to see only 7000 Vaders there would be mass chaos and not to meantion angering all those that could not get one - which could then damage the lines interest/popluarity.

The Inclusion concept is a great idea and will only upset a very small percentage of those that are really into edition sizes. Considering those that already have the exclusive Jedi Luke, fans have already been given a great figure for that whole side of collecting.

Thank you Sideshow on understanding your fans (most of em).

Khev said:
Okay I have to ask, who the heck is Kurgan? :confused:

He's the big bad from the first Highlander film, and the guy in my signature. Sideshow has already released a Modern version, and we are crusading for an Origins, or Medieval version. Here's Sideshows info on the Kurgan.

You will join the Crusade!

Khev said:
Twenty years ago. I tend not to revisit movies that suck (unless they have "gymkata" somewhere in the title.) :naughty

highlander rocks!!! and i remember watching gymkata... oh well.

regardless of who the next 12" character is, i hope they keep the inclusive stuff to the miliatary characters. i.e: clonetroopers, stormtroopers, rebel scum.
(im gonna get the flame suit on) if you cant get to the computer to pre-order an exclusive item-- thats the way the cookie crumbles. you can always take a quick break or take your lunch early... i had to skip class to make a pre-order once.(and i suffered for it dearly :monkey3 )

Another good reason for Sideshow to allow certain characters (Vader, Stormtroopers, etc.) to have overly large edition sizes is that those are the characters that keep people collecting the entire line.

"Crap, I missed out on Vader!? Well what's the point in collecting any of them then...."

Everybody having Vader or Maul means more people to stay loyal for the minor characters as well.

Then there won't ever be situations like this:

John: "You have Kit Fisto but no Darth Vader?"

Mike: "Yeah I was lucky to score Kit but Vader sold all 3,000 in 47 minutes and I was sick that morning."

John: "Ah. Nice collection dude." *snicker*

Mike: *weeps*

:chew :chew :chew

YES!!!! Prayers do get answered. Love ya, Sideshow!

This really surprises me. This is good for collectors but potentially very bad for Sideshow because of their cancellation policy.

Why would a "scalper" not order one when it's a simple as a few clicks of a mouse button to cancel with no penalty? If the edition size ends up being 10,000 and there's no money to be made on the secondary market, the "flipper" will just cancel their order. In this case, Sideshow is left with tons of stock that they won't be able to sell because all the people who wanted one for themselves got one.

Sideshow can just lower the edition size by however many people that cancel.

So if they they sell 10,000 pre-orders during the inclusive time frame, but 6,000 have canceled by the time they're ready to ship, then the 4,000 that do go out are the new edition size.

Maybe Sideshow will charge credit cards 3 months in advance instead of after it is shipped?:confused: Giving them the cahnce to know who really is commited or not.

Back