Inclusive Edition on next SW 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I think that since it is only for the few items that they set it up for... They will be the ones that they are sure will sell out rather quickly if otherwise... Vader, Fett, Maul, Origins Kurgan...:monkey5

But, I really like the idea. Makes it a little less hectic for me... no having to stay late on a Friday to order, no sneaking on the computer during the day (risking my job in doing so) for my chance to own an exclusive.

I also wonder what big figure is gonna be next, especially now that we know it will be one big enough to warrant this new policy? Could it really be Vader?? Cause if it is....:joy

Thanks for the clarification Dusty. I think this is a good thing. This will make a lot of people happy. It will make the value of these items go down. But that is not the reason I collect. Overall, I don't think it will affect anyone too much. It will just make some of the more popular ones easier to get and perhaps prevent anymore servers catching on fire!:emperor

Collector Freak said:
Sideshow pulled an MR. This could be it for me. Seriously...

If you truly like the figure and want to collect it, why does the number of them matter? Sure, we all want to be able to at least recoup our costs if we ever sell our collectibles, but otherwise, why should it matter? If you are only interested in small edition sizes that appreciate in value, then maybe this is exactly why Sideshow did it... :monkey3

Batty said:
This will bum out those who like low edition sizes.

Ya know what - I don't care. :maul

Editions sizes really on matter if you're trying to resell - and I'm not sure what effect this would have on the secondary market.

lcummins said:
If you truly like the figure and want to collect it, why does the number of them matter? Sure, we all want to be able to at least recoup our costs if we ever sell our collectibles, but otherwise, why should it matter? If you are only interested in small edition sizes that appreciate in value, then maybe this is exactly why Sideshow did it... :monkey3

Well said LC!! Sadly there are a lot of speculators/flippers/scalpers out there that want the low ES so they can make a quick buck. I think this is a good move by SS. It puts the pressure on us to determine the ES and if it goes high well we only have ourselves to blame.

As many others have said, I've been thinking this would be a great idea since before I started posting here. This is a great way to make sure that everyone who wants one will get one. I sure hope this means the end of stressful, limited exclusive editions. Yeah Sideshow! :chew

jlcmsu said:
... I think this is a good move by SS. It puts the pressure on us to determine the ES and if it goes high well we only have ourselves to blame.

Absolutely!!! Just look what happened to the later LOTR statues! Fantastic pieces that now have a stigma to them because you can't give them away on eBay! :monkey2

I think that the same core group of 1750-2000 people will be ordering, they just won't be freaking out and competing with each other to order in 20 minutes. Once we all get used to this new system (which I like, by the way), I really don't think that the edition sizes will be that much bigger. In fact, without the hectic stress and panic and sense of crazy demand, the scalpers will back off and we may see a few edition sizes that are even lower. It will settle around the exact number of actual collectors and not scalpers and flippers, since they will no longer see this as easy money and move on to something else...

Exactly!! Supply the demand and let it go at that. Nothing is worse than trying to order all at once and spend 45 minutes to an hour trying to order an item... only to not get it. As for the ES...it doesn't matter IMO... as long as I'm able to have one. :D

And as Tom so elequently put it.... It IS a scalper deterrant that just might work wonders for SSC and the customers... Great idea... I love it.

Ok, most of us seem to like the idea! So, how about Sideshow putting the Gray Hulk vs Spiderman back up for... I don't know... say two hours, so everyone could get one! Wouldn't that be wonderful! :monkey2

KIDDING!!! JUST KIDDING!!!! :rotfl

To be totally honest there was a time I cared about edition size, but now that I have many many SS figures and the level of quality is so high I dont care if there are fifty million in and edition size.All I want is to add more kick ass figures to my ever growing SS collection.....there figures are just to damn cool to be held down by edition sizes..

lcummins said:
Absolutely!!! Just look what happened to the later LOTR statues! Fantastic pieces that now have a stigma to them because you can't give them away on eBay! :monkey2

Yeah, I agree with ya. This will only help IMO.

tomandshell said:
It will settle around the exact number of actual collectors and not scalpers and flippers, since they will no longer see this as easy money and move on to something else...

Yup, exactly! Let folks that want it get them and cut the amount of folks looking to these as easy money. You won't get rid of them mind you but this will hopefully limit them to a minimum.

tomandshell said:
I think that the same core group of 1750-2000 people will be ordering, they just won't be freaking out and competing with each other to order in 20 minutes. Once we all get used to this new system (which I like, by the way), I really don't think that the edition sizes will be that much bigger. In fact, without the hectic stress and panic and sense of crazy demand, the scalpers will back off and we may see a few edition sizes that are even lower. It will settle around the exact number of actual collectors and not scalpers and flippers, since they will no longer see this as easy money and move on to something else...

I think it will be used mainly for some selected SW items for the reasons you stated Tom but the Edition Sizes will be larger for these Exclusives because some of the "Selected" figures will be in very high demand: e.g. Vader, Fett, etc. and it helps solve some other issues

1) This will take a lot of scalpers/flippers out of the equation

2) Convenience and ease of ordering/ Wide Pre-order windows

3) Minimizes Server traffic overload

4) Most importantly, SSC is giving collectors/buyers a much greater opportunity to purchase directly from SSC and not have to resort to Ebay which means SSC will make more money.

WOW, this is great!:blissy This is like on-demand collecting. We have the power to create the ES as we see fit! This will work for not only the Fetts, Vaders, Maul...but for the time when SS does the armies of the Republic and Empire! I wonder how long they've been planning this. I think the 1st or 2nd Podcast said something like they would be developing a system as to serve the "army" minded folks! Perhaps this is it! Who knows, even all the "helmet" rumors and "new category" rumors could be about a Stormtrooper! (wishful thinking) After all the PPO exclusives, going 6for6 or whatever the number is, I feel like we've come out of a war to a much brighter future:rock
Admittedly, I felt bad for folks who had some of the exclusives and not all of 'em. Now everyone can come to the table and receive what they want. :chew

That's what I like it gives us the power and now folks can quit blaming SS for the ES on some pieces at least.

I'm going to be in Brazil next week, do you think they would have pre-ordering after June 23rd?:confused:

Back